***Florida Cup Thread***

Captain Hilts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Atletico won 2-0 this afternoon so sitting on 3 points and need to win next game by at least 2 goals to beat us. Barcelona SC from Columbia I think are on 3 points and need to win their next game by 3 goals to beat us.

Ecuador mate

Barcelona sc v Fluminense 

Atletico National v Legia Warsaw

Think we might have done enough to finish on top.  Been a successful trip whatever happens now, hopefully set us up for a strong second half of the season.

19 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Ecuador mate

Think we might have done enough to finish on top.  Been a successful trip whatever happens now, hopefully set us up for a strong second half of the season.

Right, it's mad that the final game won't be till the 20th. 

Just a bit of fun but would be nice holiday result for our lads.

Watching the game again on that freesports channel. That Goss looks a player. Bossed the midfield. Dalcio was ok but shouldn't be playing for us at all. Cardoso was all over the place and needs to be shifted asap. Buffalo looks in terrific shape considering he's been playing for near enough a year constantly now.

Murphy said this of the trip to Florida. 

"It's been terrific. Sometimes, when you go to a new team, you don't really get to know the boys for a couple of weeks because you only see them for a couple of hours a day.

"The fact that we've been away and we've all been together, I know has definitely helped me."

I hope we can start to do this sort of tournie going forward, been quite worthwhile by the look of it. Helping the new guys bed in, gives the fringe players a chance to get some game time and maybe force themselves into the team and also grows our brand. 

4 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Ecuador mate

Atletico National need to win by 2 goals to go above us.  Barcelona SC need to score at least 3 goals and win by at least 2 to go above us.   Hopefully neither of those two possibilities will occur.

Archived