Jean-Alain Boumsong - Video

julescotia

It's fucking mental the way football has changed in the last decade or so.

Us getting a young French full international centre half. In today's market, he would cost upwards of £40m to buy and be on about £100k a week.

Meanwhile, Scottish football, with us in particular getting the cast offs from 2nd tier leagues as our big signings.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It's fucking mental the way football has changed in the last decade or so.

Us getting a young French full international centre half. In today's market, he would cost upwards of £40m to buy and be on about £100k a week.

Meanwhile, Scottish football, with us in particular getting the cast offs from 2nd tier leagues as our big signings.

Bit off topic, but part of the same era. I would also think that the likes of Dado Prso as well would be beyond any club in the SPFL. A class act, played in the CL final the season before, in the EURO2004 squad. Wanted  to come to the club after being part of the Monaco squad, and sampling the atmosphere at Ibrox. Dado would have ran through walls for us, one of my favourite players of all time. A player of his quality now, at least 20m.

Harsh reality. Money has ruined the game. I’m also a Man City supporter, always have been and went to games when they visited London in the 2nd and 3rd tiers. However, now that they are at the top in England and knocking on the Door of a CL title, they’ve become less appealing to me and all because they’ve bought that success to a certain degree. 

That’s why winning the SPL in our position (and dare I say it...going on a wee European run) would be the most amazing feeling - and I’m as passionate about us now, as much as when we were spending 5+ million easily, and as much as 12million on Flo (is that still a Scottish record?). 

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Only thing I didn't like about the Boumsong signing and selling on was that it made Willie McKay a fortune.... Rhat

He did a lot of business with us. He was largely responsible for the signing of Cousin and Darcheville I believe.

1 hour ago, James Rolle said:

Harsh reality. Money has ruined the game. I’m also a Man City supporter, always have been and went to games when they visited London in the 2nd and 3rd tiers. However, now that they are at the top in England and knocking on the Door of a CL title, they’ve become less appealing to me and all because they’ve bought that success to a certain degree. 

That’s why winning the SPL in our position (and dare I say it...going on a wee European run) would be the most amazing feeling - and I’m as passionate about us now, as much as when we were spending 5+ million easily, and as much as 12million on Flo (is that still a Scottish record?). 

Hate Man City nowadays. beggars feeder club

On 3 January 2018 at 19:18, The Ibrox Derry said:

Only thing I didn't like about the Boumsong signing and selling on was that it made Willie McKay a fortune.... Rhat

Yup and plenty was made off of him with his transfers, not a stellar signing but a profitable one for all those concerned!