Fraserbourgh ticket information - OUCH

K.A.I

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Possibly ever. I don't even recall getting as little as 350 anywhere .. even the tight ones were something like Annan (600), Dumbarton (900) sure even Forres Mechanics was almost a thousand.

Was Forres that many and Annan that low? I remember Forres being the biggest struggle of them all.

11 hours ago, gsa said:

It's a toilet of a place. No decent hotels and locals are all mutants. Aberdonians....but worse.

The main event of the last ten years is they built a small Asda on the outskirts of town. 

It was a big Tesco. People are exaggerating, probably people who've never been there. I was up there recently working for a week and it's fine, no worse than some towns in the central belt or some parts of Glasgow. It also has a Wetherspoons, which is never a bad thing. I wouldn't live there though.

3 hours ago, ricksen92 said:

The place is a shitehole mostly tims and sheepshaggers. Bar right next to stadium with a few round the harbour, and along main street. Also leisure centre next to ground for parking and a beer or two.

Aye ,but their leisure centre is 4 sheep tied to a post :aberdeen:

1 hour ago, BEE said:

Was Forres that many and Annan that low? I remember Forres being the biggest struggle of them all.

We only got 2 for Forres A club at the time tried like fuck to get more couldn’t, got up there and there was spares everywhere that and Annan biggest struggles. 

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I read somewhere there's none on sale, they've all been snapped up/reserved/allocated.

One player in particular from their lot has reserved 60/70 tickets .. if they all do that for Rangers pals then it's no surprise the tickets have went sharp.

Aye a boy from my work said even people that go every week aint getting a look in. Sponsors/Players/Staff have taken the full hit nearly.

3 hours ago, FSM said:

It was a big Tesco. People are exaggerating, probably people who've never been there. I was up there recently working for a week and it's fine, no worse than some towns in the central belt or some parts of Glasgow. It also has a Wetherspoons, which is never a bad thing. I wouldn't live there though.

I've been there. I'm certain it was a Asda but let's not argue over it...

Yeah you're probably correct but it being "no worse" than some parts of central belt is hardly a ringing endorsement! 

All about opinions clearly but I find that stretch of coastline particularly bleak and depressing, add in the accent and the "depressed" fishing town feel and to me, it's a hellhole! And I've lived in Africa. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Yeah you're probably correct but it being "no worse" than some parts of central belt is hardly a ringing endorsement! 

All about opinions clearly but I find that stretch of coastline particularly bleak and depressing, add in the accent and the "depressed" fishing town feel and to me, it's a hellhole! And I've lived in Africa. 

Turns out they have both, so we'll call it a draw :lol:

To be fair, the weather makes a massive difference in how you perceive a place. Most of the time it's dreech as fuck, but on the odd occasion the sun is shining you see the place in a completely different light. Same with Peterhead. Still wouldn't live in either of them though!

2 minutes ago, Davhow said:

In Fraserburgh now dropping off my brother who lives there. I'm outside the ground right now. I'm just going to look over the wall.... 

Let us know how you get on looking over the wall Davhow 

19 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Haven't been to the Broch in a good few years, but knowing Banff and Buchan very well - the traveling bears will be in very good company, plenty of Rangers minded folk in Fraserburgh and Peterhead from my experience working up there. There will be no problems getting a pub rammed out, and that will be the locals at least.

My Brother lives there and doesn't know a single bear or even anyone with a soft spot for us. 

1 hour ago, Davhow said:

In Fraserburgh now dropping off my brother who lives there. I'm outside the ground right now. I'm just going to look over the wall.... 

Should be clearer, I plan to look over the wall while the game is on ???

2 hours ago, gsa said:

Asda was the newest of the two. Tesco been there 10+ years