Tom Hateley on Jamie Murphy

K.A.I

Can’t copy and paste as I’m on my phone but was reading an article there which was a cracking read about how it’s a dream come true for his pal 

Hateley says they are both Rangers daft but had to keep it hidden while they were playing at Motherwell but it’s great to see his pal arrive at “their team” paraphrasing 

just the tone of it is nice and will rile a few Motherwell cunts up as he’s saying they were Rangers daft when both at Motherwell 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jamie Murphy was tight-lipped when he was at Well but Tom Hateley reckons his Fir Park pal will be shouting from the rooftops after clinching his dream move to Rangers.

The pair gave their all when they starred at Motherwell but while Hateley could hardly hide his allegiance, given his Ibrox legend dad Mark, Murphy kept it hushed he was a secret true blue.

There’s no need to be shy now with the Brighton ace set to finalise his £1million-plus move to Ibrox today and Hateley is sure his old pal won’t be able to hide his smile.

He is convinced Murph could have gone anywhere in the country but once Rangers came calling there was only one place he would ever want to be.

Hateley said: “We were close at Motherwell, we’ve stayed in touch since we both left and our wives are good friends too.

“We still talk all the time and I’m delighted for him because I know he’s a big Rangers man. We had to keep it quiet when we were at Motherwell mind you!

“He will be absolutely buzzing. I am 100 per cent sure this will be a dream come true for him.

“If you’d asked him at the beginning of his career if there was one team he could have played for he’d say Rangers in a heartbeat.

“I’m sure that would have been a huge factor for him. If you look at what he’s done in England,
especially at Brighton, it’s pretty obvious he would have had the pick of quite a few clubs down south, particularly in the Championship.

“There’s a good chance there could have been more money on the table than he might get at Rangers.

“But it doesn’t surprise me he’s chosen to go to Ibrox. It’s the team he’s supported since he was a boy and it will be home for him.

“Some people might think it’s the heart ruling the head but it will have been a no-brainer for him.”

Hateley reckons Murphy will be delighted with the deal – but he insisted it’s Rangers who should consider themselves lucky to land the flying machine.

The winger was a star man at Motherwell but he’s improved in his time down south.

Murphy has not seen the action he craved this season in the Premier League but was one of the top players in the Championship last term.

Hateley said: “He will be a great signing for Rangers. Jamie was a great player at Motherwell but he’s massively kicked on during his time in England.

“He did really well at Sheffield United then stepped up another level at Brighton. There’s no doubt he really proved himself at that level.

“I’ve seen a lot of him in the last few years and I can tell the Rangers fans are in for a treat.

“He’s one of those guys who is quick and direct. If you get the ball to him then he’ll make
things happen. I’ve got no doubt he’ll have the fans at Ibrox out of their seats.

“When we were at Motherwell he played off the left and we knew if we got the ball to him he’d take the full-back on.

“You’d certainly rather be playing behind him than having him running at you.

“The majority of the time he’d do his man and get the ball in. He’d be just as likely to stick the ball into the back of the net himself.

“He’ll be a terrific signing for Rangers. If the numbers people are talking about are true it’s a massive bargain because Rangers are getting a guy who knows what the league is all about, loves the club and knows what’s expected.”

Hateley reckons it’s not just Rangers who will get the benefit of Murphy being back up and running. The attacker was on the fringes of Gordon Strachan’s squad last season and the former Dundee defender is convinced it won’t be long before the national side come calling once he gets to work at Ibrox.

Hateley said: “Jamie must have been close to playing for Scotland last season when he was flying at Brighton and I’m sure he will be hoping to catch the eye of the new manager.

“If he’s performing week in week out at Rangers the way he can, I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s banging on the Scotland door.”

Hateley has no doubt his mate will crack it at Ibrox but he will watch from afar as he looks to get his career back on track in Poland.

The 28-year-old – who made more than 150 appearances for Well – left Dundee last August but couldn’t get a club in England and is set to head to Poland for talks next week.

Hateley, who spent two years at Slask Wroclaw until 2016, said: “It’s been a frustrating few months as I left Dundee because I couldn’t be guaranteed to be playing every week. I thought it would be easier to get fixed up in England but it hasn’t really materialised.

“There was talk of interest in Scotland as well but fingers crossed everything works out and I’ll be back playing in Poland again.”

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I hope Tom is joking about having to hide a Rangers allegiance, shocking if true as the rancids can't help proclaim who they really support. 

Good article about our new staunch player though. 

Was thinking this myself.

10 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I hope Tom is joking about having to hide a Rangers allegiance, shocking if true as the rancids can't help proclaim who they really support. 

Good article about our new staunch player though. 

Played under Terry Butcher did he not? I remember Scott McDonald mentioning on those open goal interviews he didn’t hide his allegence so doubt the players would have to.

Wouldnt get that impression of Butcher listening to him on BT right enough.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Can’t copy and paste as I’m on my phone but was reading an article there which was a cracking read about how it’s a dream come true for his pal 

Hateley says they are both Rangers daft but had to keep it hidden while they were playing at Motherwell but it’s great to see his pal arrive at “their team” paraphrasing 

just the tone of it is nice and will rile a few Motherwell cunts up as he’s saying they were Rangers daft when both at Motherwell 

why would anyone hide their Rangers allegiance? Are they shamed?  

5 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Cue the Motherwell fans new hatred for the guy and the tarriers searching hours of old footage of them playing against Rangers in the past to show some sort of conspiracy ...:lol:

They certainly will. The behaviour is similar to any chip-on-the-shoulder group.

It's just so easy being a heterosexual WASP and free's us up to go about our lives with ease.