Auchenhowie extension work set to commence

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

To keep the club alive. 

Better facilities for our kids should theoretically get better results from their development and in turn could lead to decent transfers which could keep decent money coming into the club.

All ifs, buts and maybes though.

16 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Pretty impossible to spend the money on something everyone agrees on. An element would disagree the money they put in should be used for a pub for example. Should the money be used to reap profits or to the develop the playing side?

At least the money is being put into facilities designed to develop our youth. Should help attract better youth players and develop the youngsters.

The whole point of the ibrox bit is that all profits go to the club, hell even toss the profits into the youth development like the rising stars does, 

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Better facilities for our kids should theoretically get better results from their development and in turn could lead to decent transfers which could keep decent money coming into the club.

All ifs, buts and maybes though.

Fine then build the kids better facilities In all for that. 

Tell me though what does a 200 seat stand do to improve our kids at football. 

20 minutes ago, Ace said:

So tell me, who should have a say in the use of RFFF funds, surely only those who contributed to it & if So, how does that work .. I put my money in a tin/bucket like lots of folk so there isn' a register of those who donated 

Also, I've not seen any agreement of any propoal put forward for RFFF cash, no matter what it was there was a section who would say "it wasn't meant for that".

The cash should just sit in an account, it' now being used to help facilitate the next group of potential RFC stars & I can't think of anything nobler than that.

The stadium is where is should have been spent 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Getting used to playing in front of the crowds they will have to face when they go on loan to Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton.

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What was it intended for?

Legal fees,which when king spits the dummy and has a face off with all fans included,the fund is no longer there. 

RFFF wasn’t/isn’t even registered anywhere as anything, the RST condoned that as money “rested” in their account.

Draw your own conclusions.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It also provides changing facilities for kids that were previously shared between age groups,  allow for improved analysis due to improved facilities to record in instead of the current scaffold wendy house thats there currently, i believe it also includes additional facilities for clasroom work such as video review etc

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It also provides changing facilities for kids that were previously shared between age groups,  allow for improved analysis due to improved facilities to record in instead of the current scaffold wendy house thats there currently, i believe it also includes additional facilities for clasroom work such as video review etc

Again so what does a 200 seat stand do to improve our kids?? 

Again so what does a 200 seat stand do to improve our kids?? 

These are all part of the facility. The seating part is a fairly minor aspect of it - although one which is useful to have. With the club's U20 side also taking part in the Challenge cup they have to use a ground which meets certain criteria for. This should allow the club to hold them at Auchenhowie without the need to rent an external stadium - like Broadwood, Forthbank, Dumbarton or Excelsior in Airdrie.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, not even close. Acknowledging the fact we've just sold a player who never made a first-team appearance for as much as most high-end domestic transfers in Scotland isn't an "Auchenhowie summer", it is however an opinion that the current group of players in the Academy have a number of particularly promising players who, while they may not go on to have careers like a Sandy Jardine or Ally McCoist they could prove valuable players to the club.

I agree, there are some gems, there’s also the guys who’ve already made the breakthrough. Others, who may not make the grade, for whatever reason, may prove a fruitful, if reduced revenue stream in the future. 

The one thing I have noticed though from watching the games program, many of our boys quite often look light weight in comparison to their opponents. Not sure if that’s because our boys are playing up an age level or two but I’d like to see some more meat on the bones for when they have to deal with the hammer throwers in Scotland’s top flight. 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

These are all part of the facility. The seating part is a fairly minor aspect of it - although one which is useful to have. With the club's U20 side also taking part in the Challenge cup they have to use a ground which meets certain criteria for. This should allow the club to hold them at Auchenhowie without the need to rent an external stadium - like Broadwood, Forthbank, Dumbarton or Excelsior in Airdrie.

So you think having to account for the seating area and a roof the cost of the seats is a minor part of it. 

Then why bother with it just use that minor amount of money to build even more of what is actually needed. 

What is the cost of hiring out any of the above stadia??? 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So they just hand over money and forget about what happens to it???

I know this is Rangers and money has a habit of just evaporating, but you must be at the Friday night troll with that post. 

How many times you chucked money into a bucket never to know where it goes? I don't think it was ever suggested at any point that what happens to the money would go through some kind of public approval.

Just now, The Dude said:

How many times you chucked money into a bucket never to know where it goes? I don't think it was ever suggested at any point that what happens to the money would go through some kind of public approval.

It was never intended to sit in a bank account for nearly 5 years either. 

So you think having to account for the seating area and a roof the cost of the seats is a minor part of it. 

Then why bother with it just use that minor amount of money to build even more of what is actually needed. 

What is the cost of hiring out any of the above stadia??? 

Because there is only a need for so many changing rooms. Currently we're a little short of that but the new facility will give us a surplus. Building more would be unneccessary. The stand itself will also accommodate the couple hundred of people who are at youth games in a bit more comfort and less exposed to the elements. Same for any scouts/media/analysis people attending.

Airdrie is £600-£800 per game off the top of my head for the pitch.

Stirling we got 'free' but sent players on loan and allowed them to do a bucket collection. 

Not sure about the cost of the other two