Auchenhowie extension work set to commence

6 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Depends on what it was used for, as long as I believed it was going to benifit the club I would probably be happy to go along with it even if it wasn't my personal preference.

How about you, if they came up with a project that you liked, would you still not be happy to go along it anyway?

I would like the fans who put in to have had an input given the money has found it's way to an outcome it wasn't raised for.

I'm more annoyed about that than the fact it's being used for a stand and training centre facilities tbh.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I would like the fans who put in to have had an input given the money has found it's way to an outcome it wasn't raised for.

I'm more annoyed about that than the fact it's being used for a stand and training centre facilities tbh.

The decision to build this with RFFF money was probably made by the very same very small group who agreed to rename Auchenhowie Murray Park 17yrs ago.

Thankfully thats been rectified at least 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I wouldn't be against the fans who contributed deciding but how do you go about finding out what they all want.

If a list was made for us to chose from then undoubtedly there would be some unhappy at the choice and then there is the issue of who contributed, not all were ST holders and not all attend our games and then there will be ST holders who didn't contribute. Why should they have a say?

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I wouldn't be against the fans who contributed deciding but how do you go about finding out what they all want.

If a list was made for us to chose from then undoubtedly there would be some unhappy at the choice and then there is the issue of who contributed, not all were ST holders and not all attend our games and then there will be ST holders who didn't contribute. Why should they have a say?

It's impossible to do 100% accurately I'd agree. But a poll of some description for those with a Rangers number for instance would at least allow the thoughts of a hell of a lot of genuine bears to be considered.

Ultimately I believe it was up to the Fund to find a solution to engaging somehow with their contributors. To ignore them and make a decision on their behalf which is far removed from the Funds original intention is pretty unacceptable to me.

9 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

Good news, he people at the helm are actually doing some positive work for a change, punting the dross/over paid players, getting in Murphy and extension work on Auchenhowie.

Fairplay ??

It's always great getting good news . A whole lot cheaper than the real thing

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's impossible to do 100% accurately I'd agree. But a poll of some description for those with a Rangers number for instance would at least allow the thoughts of a hell of a lot of genuine bears to be considered.

Ultimately I believe it was up to the Fund to find a solution to engaging somehow with their contributors. To ignore them and make a decision on their behalf which is far removed from the Funds original intention is pretty unacceptable to me.

Ultimetley I think it would be impossible to find out who all the contributors are. 

We gave our donations in good faith that our money would be used for the benefit of Rangers.

I respect the  decision to improve facilities for the Rangers youth teams isn't going to please everyone but I've yet to read any suggestions that would please everyone.

15 hours ago, backup said:

Legal fees,which when king spits the dummy and has a face off with all fans included,the fund is no longer there. 

RFFF wasn’t/isn’t even registered anywhere as anything, the RST condoned that as money “rested” in their account.

Draw your own conclusions.

Unsurprisingly from you that is a complete lie. The money has never say in the RST account & where it sits has been documented frequently on here. 

I’m sure you’ll be quick to retract your latest lie......

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I agree. Only thing is though - the more bears you polled the more ideas that would be raised. 

As David Edgar said in this week’s H&H - if 10 Rangers fans ended up stranded on a desert island 11 RSCs would be formed ??

that said, it should have been transparent from the outset with news filtered that this was being considered etc

and I think it would be useful to publish minutes of any meetings and actually declare who were the individuals who collectively came to this agreement - a bit late I know. But it at least shows some openness 

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I agree. Only thing is though - the more bears you polled the more ideas that would be raised. 

As David Edgar said in this week’s H&H - if 10 Rangers fans ended up stranded on a desert island 11 RSCs would be formed ??

that said, it should have been transparent from the outset with news filtered that this was being considered etc

and I think it would be useful to publish minutes of any meetings and actually declare who were the individuals who collectively came to this agreement - a bit late I know. But it at least shows some openness 

A poll for those with Rangers numbers could have explored generalised opinions on spending. Ie Matchday fans zone, Museum/Bar, Training academy facilities, upgrade stadium, shares etc.

Then when the general views came back these could gave been explored and voted upon for the detailed project for each popular category.

Surely some attempt to engage with the fans, and I accept not every person who contributed can be accessed, is better than a decision being made on our behalf which we had no input to.

"Further to the statement issued on 17th September 2014. 

The RFFF Committee wish to clarify that at no time has the RFFF offered any funds to the Club nor has the Club requested access to the funds of the RFFF.

As the statement clearly stated the disbursement of the funds will be done in consultation with the fans at an appropriate time in the future.

The RFFF Committee"

From the RFFF website.

That was then, this is now eh....

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"Further to the statement issued on 17th September 2014. 

The RFFF Committee wish to clarify that at no time has the RFFF offered any funds to the Club nor has the Club requested access to the funds of the RFFF.

As the statement clearly stated the disbursement of the funds will be done in consultation with the fans at an appropriate time in the future.

The RFFF Committee"

From the RFFF website.

That was then, this is now eh....

Well somebody had to have asked the RIFC board what they needed, or are we to believe the RFFF committee just came up with the idea of a stand out of the blue. 

This is the problem with the folk in charge of anything Rangers from the club to the fans it’s all shrouded in lies, half truths and smoke and mirrors. The. they get their knickers in a twist when anyone asks them what is going on. 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Unsurprisingly from you that is a complete lie. The money has never say in the RST account & where it sits has been documented frequently on here. 

I’m sure you’ll be quick to retract your latest lie......

Unsurprisingly due to the amount of fan groups I was a bit confused by the holder of the account the RSA and attempted borrowers from the account the RST, hope that is clearer now ?

Incidentally murray had Ibrox mortgaged from day one, much ado about nothing.

https://vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=28&a=the-rfff---some-clarity

11 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I would have liked the money to build a new public foootball facility elsewhere in the Ibrox/Govan community. That would allow us to create a mass walkway in fron of the main stand. Right in the middle of that walkway should be a statue of McNeil brothers, Peter Campbell and William McBeath 

Perhaps we could ask Glasgow city council to fund a tree lined granite walk way to the stadium and improve the surrounding area and we could fund the statue's but then again!!:mutley:

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well somebody had to have asked the RIFC board what they needed, or are we to believe the RFFF committee just came up with the idea of a stand out of the blue. 

This is the problem with the folk in charge of anything Rangers from the club to the fans it’s all shrouded in lies, half truths and smoke and mirrors. The. they get their knickers in a twist when anyone asks them what is going on. 

Exactly my point.

Things have moved on significantly from those days, and I'm sure I read the RFFF did approach the club with a view to seeing if the capital could be used to fund a project.

My concerns are that:

- I'm not sure all legal battles are over

- A decision has been made without the consultation the Fund said there would be

- The project is significantly removed from the original intention of the fundraising

- There is a complete lack of transparency over the entire matter.

This really is the Rangers way these days be it by the Board or the fans who once upon a time fought our cause but are now payrolled and silenced. It's sickening.

18 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I don’t really get what people are so upset about. The fund is no longer required for its original purpose and so it’s funding development at the club. 

What’s the big problem? 

I wouldn't be too sure, these cunts will seek our titles up to, and until, we have a rich bloke in charge. Once we have a proper owner they will scuttle back under their rock, until then its open season.

22 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I don’t really get what people are so upset about. The fund is no longer required for its original purpose and so it’s funding development at the club. 

What’s the big problem? 

How is it funding development exactly?

54 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

What’s the big problem? 

Money being wasted on 200 seats for a starter that’s got nothing to do with improving youth players. 

Once again all decisions made behind closed doors in hushed tones and when fans start asking what’s going on they are the ones in the wrong.