Auchenhowie extension work set to commence

14 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

When the money was initially raised I believed the fund would be used on legal fees or to keep the lights on but as we never got to the stage of having to use it, 5 years on a new stand and changing facilities are to be built in order to aid Rangers youth teams, not something I ever envisaged but now that circumstances have changed its a project I'm happy enough with.

Why aren't the current custodians funding this, the youth development is part of the club so it falls under the boards remit to improve and upgrade when necessary 

Would you have been happy had the pre king board blagged the rfff and used it on something they should have financed themselves 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Money being wasted on 200 seats for a starter that’s got nothing to do with improving youth players. 

Once again all decisions made behind closed doors in hushed tones and when fans start asking what’s going on they are the ones in the wrong. 

Is it only being used to build a stand with 200 seats or does that stand have additional facilities as part of it?

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why aren't the current custodians funding this, the youth development is part of the club so it falls under the boards remit to improve and upgrade when necessary 

Would you have been happy had the pre king board blagged the rfff and used it on something they should have financed themselves 

Had it been used for the same purpose as it is I wouldn’t have had a problem in the slightest with it.

12 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Ultimetley I think it would be impossible to find out who all the contributors are. 

We gave our donations in good faith that our money would be used for the benefit of Rangers.

I respect the  decision to improve facilities for the Rangers youth teams isn't going to please everyone but I've yet to read any suggestions that would please everyone.

Ripping down the ibrox complex and building a fan zone for matchdays with function suite etc for non footballing uses, with all profits going back into the club, make it a staging point gor supporters buses as well both home and away games, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ripping down the ibrox complex and building a fan zone for matchdays with function suite etc for non footballing uses, with all profits going back into the club, make it a staging point gor supporters buses as well both home and away games, 

One of many ideas suggested on this forum. No doubt some would be in favour and some against your suggestion.

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Oh aye I would have been delighted if the board had stole the money who wouldn't be. 

There you go a stupid answer to a stupid question.

On your first point, I suspect the stand might not have been built due to other priorities the board would have. They obviously don't have a bottomless pit of cash.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I don’t really get what people are so upset about. The fund is no longer required for its original purpose and so it’s funding development at the club. 

What’s the big problem? 

I'm annoyed but not surprised rather than upset.

Circa half a million pounds raised by fans for a reason, spent on a project not within that remit without consultation by unelected persons who stated there would be consultation prior to the disbursement of the monies.

It's not corrupt. It will benefit the club. But in no way has the decision making followed their stated procedure, been transparent, or is necessarily the top choice of the fans who raised the money.

That's what's poor, not that facilities will improve as a result.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A poll for those with Rangers numbers could have explored generalised opinions on spending. Ie Matchday fans zone, Museum/Bar, Training academy facilities, upgrade stadium, shares etc.

Then when the general views came back these could gave been explored and voted upon for the detailed project for each popular category.

Surely some attempt to engage with the fans, and I accept not every person who contributed can be accessed, is better than a decision being made on our behalf which we had no input to.

Yep ?

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Still waiting on you explaining how the auchenhowie development is developing the squad? 

“The stand will be a tangible legacy provided by the supporters which will also provide more dressing room capacity and education space, which will benefit our young players. It will facilitate greater utilisation of our Academy pitches and thereby the amount of time the players spend with a ball at their feet. Ultimately this will assist us in producing more players for the first team.

“The new floodlighting will also allow us greater pitch availability, which again will benefit the players. I would like to thank the RFFF for allowing us to push forward with this important and exciting initiative and, along with the support from our friends at the Scottish Football Partnership, we will deliver a facility that all Rangers fans can be proud of and which will benefit the club for years to come.”

If you need me to do 15 seconds work to find a simple solution to a question please do let me know.

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

“The stand will be a tangible legacy provided by the supporters which will also provide more dressing room capacity and education space, which will benefit our young players. It will facilitate greater utilisation of our Academy pitches and thereby the amount of time the players spend with a ball at their feet. Ultimately this will assist us in producing more players for the first team.

“The new floodlighting will also allow us greater pitch availability, which again will benefit the players. I would like to thank the RFFF for allowing us to push forward with this important and exciting initiative and, along with the support from our friends at the Scottish Football Partnership, we will deliver a facility that all Rangers fans can be proud of and which will benefit the club for years to come.”

If you need me to do 15 seconds work to find a simple solution to a question please do let me know.

So they can train at night instead of day? I can see how that will improve the players. 

6 hours ago, thehost said:

I wouldn't be too sure, these cunts will seek our titles up to, and until, we have a rich bloke in charge. Once we have a proper owner they will scuttle back under their rock, until then its open season.

They could have used the money to fix up the toilets.  I think you might have mentioned once or twice that there is a problem with the one you use.    :mutley:

38 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

They could have used the money to fix up the toilets.  I think you might have mentioned once or twice that there is a problem with the one you use.    :mutley:

I don’t use it but folk who are guests do and that is their impression of The Rangers. Half wrecked loos