Auchenhowie extension work set to commence

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Because there is only a need for so many changing rooms. Currently we're a little short of that but the new facility will give us a surplus. Building more would be unneccessary. The stand itself will also accommodate the couple hundred of people who are at youth games in a bit more comfort and less exposed to the elements. Same for any scouts/media/analysis people attending.

Airdrie is £600-£800 per game off the top of my head for the pitch.

Stirling we got 'free' but sent players on loan and allowed them to do a bucket collection. 

Not sure about the cost of the other two

So we couldn’t have used the money saved by not building a stand to improve any facilities for the youth players when as you say all we needed was changing rooms. 

Good to know Auchenhowie is now the ultimate youth training complex. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So we couldn’t have used the money saved by not building a stand to improve any facilities for the youth players when as you say all we needed was changing rooms. 

We have so many changing rooms. The number of teams we have out number that meaning some have to share and leads to issues around scheduling and child protection and stuff. The money being used IS improving the facilities available and is infact expanding on it. The lack of any viewing facilities of note other than a one-step terrace, means it's a shiter of a place to watch games during the winter for the couple hundred people there - and also makes the job of the video analysis guys a bit harder as they currently use a scaffold with a tarp wrapped around it to film games.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why not benefit the people that actually put their hand in their pocket in the first place. 

Because they put their hand in their pocket to help the club. This will do that.

EDIT: If any of those people attend youyth games - and I'm sore quite a few will - they will benefit directly. Other than that it's just the club that sees the benefit really

5 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

Good news, he people at the helm are actually doing some positive work for a change, punting the dross/over paid players, getting in Murphy and extension work on Auchenhowie.

Fairplay ??

Lol :megaanguish:

On the 14th of February 2012 our proud football club found themselves in a dire situation, we had entered the dreaded administration feared by all connected to Rangers...

In the following days it became clear that our 140 year history was at serious risk via the potential of liquidation.... 

The Fund has been set up for supporters to make cash donations that will directly affect the Club now and will go a long way towards helping secure its future. Be assured, it has been agreed, with all parties, that not one penny of this fund will go to the current owners or the administrators, every single penny will go to the daily running costs of Rangers Football Club. 

The committee that had been put in place headed by Sandy Jardine and a number of chosen individuals who represent the fan base chosen by the supporters groups present at the meeting at the Ibrox Suite on Saturday 10th March 2012 . 

The Fund (fully endorsed by the three major fan groups - the Association, the Assembly and the Trust) is working with others to ensure that the club is put back on its feet with stable finances. 

Without immediate help the club were at a far higher risk of going into liquidation. Our one and only goal was the ongoing survival of our beloved club ensuring the 140 year timeline is maintained. 

With great thanks to the Rangers family fanbase we achieved our goals in safeguarding many aspects important to us all.

-Securing future of the club.

-Daily running costs.

-Stabilising finances.

These are the formal stated reasons for the fund origin and it's uses. Personally, I made my small contribution for legal defence of our club.

If the factors above are no longer the destination and purpose of the banked money then there is at least a moral obligation on the Fund to explain alternatives and somehow seek consent or general agreement on how it should be spent.  The onus is on the Fund to justify any deviation from the original purpose.

I don't see the current decision in any way meeting the definition of the Fund's target and as such is spending the Funds inappropriately imo without consent.

14 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Overall, the benefits to Rangers will be worth it.  I'll definitely go along when I can. 

Who says you can?

It's an assumption only that because we, the fans, have financed it that we'll be permitted to use it.

Can we stroll around freely at present during games? Is it likely to change as we've built a stand and more folk want to go use it?

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who says you can?

It's an assumption only that because we, the fans, have financed it that we'll be permitted to use it.

Can we stroll around freely at present during games? Is it likely to change as we've built a stand and more folk want to go use it?

Aye, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.  Hope not though.

Come to think of it, your probably right. 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who says you can?

I paid in a fair few quid, only for the usual suspects like fat boy to hijack it and ingratiate themselves with the board. 

Blazer chasing by the usual suspects appears to have become a cottage industry and well rewarded by king who has every last one in his pocket. These leeches are born to it and manouvre their way into positions of influence on a platform of lies and deception and everyone else who put up their hard earned, end up powerless as these ponces play footloose and fancy free.

If it wasn't Rangers it would be someone else. Boys club football are full of them. The last thing that should be anywhere near them is cash. These people are nobodies, yet we seem to trust and follow them like sheep, trusting they will do the right thing.

SOS, RFF, 1872, this board all riddled with fly boys and every last one should be hounded when this board depart the building. Toxic is an understatement with these cunts around.

45 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

On the 14th of February 2012 our proud football club found themselves in a dire situation, we had entered the dreaded administration feared by all connected to Rangers...

In the following days it became clear that our 140 year history was at serious risk via the potential of liquidation.... 

The Fund has been set up for supporters to make cash donations that will directly affect the Club now and will go a long way towards helping secure its future. Be assured, it has been agreed, with all parties, that not one penny of this fund will go to the current owners or the administrators, every single penny will go to the daily running costs of Rangers Football Club. 

The committee that had been put in place headed by Sandy Jardine and a number of chosen individuals who represent the fan base chosen by the supporters groups present at the meeting at the Ibrox Suite on Saturday 10th March 2012 . 

The Fund (fully endorsed by the three major fan groups - the Association, the Assembly and the Trust) is working with others to ensure that the club is put back on its feet with stable finances. 

Without immediate help the club were at a far higher risk of going into liquidation. Our one and only goal was the ongoing survival of our beloved club ensuring the 140 year timeline is maintained. 

With great thanks to the Rangers family fanbase we achieved our goals in safeguarding many aspects important to us all.

-Securing future of the club.

-Daily running costs.

-Stabilising finances.

These are the formal stated reasons for the fund origin and it's uses. Personally, I made my small contribution for legal defence of our club.

If the factors above are no longer the destination and purpose of the banked money then there is at least a moral obligation on the Fund to explain alternatives and somehow seek consent or general agreement on how it should be spent.  The onus is on the Fund to justify any deviation from the original purpose.

I don't see the current decision in any way meeting the definition of the Fund's target and as such is spending the Funds inappropriately imo without consent.

Wow! Who made that statement? Read the one sentence second paragraph. Lurkers will love that ?

5 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Wow! Who made that statement? Read the one sentence second paragraph. Lurkers will love that ?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.rangersfansfightingfund.uk/&ved=0ahUKEwjV2p6Z0cHYAhVKAsAKHcOLAxMQFghDMAg&usg=AOvVaw2s0aMFmxfnfDCMVgTNoXVS

RFFF home page mate.

It defines the Fund.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

When the money is spent it’s spent and if the structure being built goes on to help improve our youth system and helps produce players with facilities that save kids changing in car park s or in corridors then job done.

what it will do once the money is away is give fans one less hook to divide our great support. 

When the money was initially raised I believed the fund would be used on legal fees or to keep the lights on but as we never got to the stage of having to use it, 5 years on a new stand and changing facilities are to be built in order to aid Rangers youth teams, not something I ever envisaged but now that circumstances have changed its a project I'm happy enough with.

16 minutes ago, piperpete said:

When the money is spent it’s spent and if the structure being built goes on to help improve our youth system and helps produce players with facilities that save kids changing in car park s or in corridors then job done.

what it will do once the money is away is give fans one less hook to divide our great support. 

Again Ive no problem with improving the facilities for the kids, if that’s means better changing, analysis rooms more indoor training areas, lecture rooms to instruct them on nutrition and life away from Football all great things and we need them. 

We don’t need a 200 seat stand. 

22 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Again Ive no problem with improving the facilities for the kids, if that’s means better changing, analysis rooms more indoor training areas, lecture rooms to instruct them on nutrition and life away from Football all great things and we need them. 

We don’t need a 200 seat stand. 

I agree but my point was the money being invested in this build means it’s now not burning a hole in anyone’s pocket and it’s been spent on what our Development  requested is good. The arguments and division this money caused will be gone which is great as well.

I would put more money in to help build the things you suggested if it’s needed and requested by the Developement bosses.

What does need to happen though is that no board can sell an inch of land at the training ground for 100 years.

20 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

When the money was initially raised I believed the fund would be used on legal fees or to keep the lights on but as we never got to the stage of having to use it, 5 years on a new stand and changing facilities are to be built in order to aid Rangers youth teams, not something I ever envisaged but now that circumstances have changed its a project I'm happy enough with.

And if the decision made wasn't the new stand and hadn't been to your liking would you still be happy to go with it any way?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And if the decision made wasn't the new stand and hadn't been to your liking would you still be happy to go with it any way?

Depends on what it was used for, as long as I believed it was going to benifit the club I would probably be happy to go along with it even if it wasn't my personal preference.

How about you, if they came up with a project that you liked, would you still not be happy to go along it anyway?

I would have liked the money to build a new public foootball facility elsewhere in the Ibrox/Govan community. That would allow us to create a mass walkway in fron of the main stand. Right in the middle of that walkway should be a statue of McNeil brothers, Peter Campbell and William McBeath