This Winter break

eejay the dj

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Mate .Sometimes there are people on here  that would disagree with their shadow 

It's like they get off on it .There are plenty of them .

It is one of those ones 

I hate going to see my football in brass monkey weather ..Anyone of the vintage variety would have to agree the bears won leagues in this period throughout the years .It was always crucial 

That was my point 

We had a record of going unbeaten at Ibrox against the scum in New Year's Day fixture for over 70 years I'm certain until 1983 

You are right with the last part 

Can't wait now 

Yeah it's a bit weird . We seemed to go through a rough bit Sept/Oct when the European games came along but December onwards we seemed to get our act together . I'm not sure if that still applies now , with so many foreigners in football , particularly those from sunnier countries - be a bit of a culture shock . 

Think you're right with 1983 . Iirc we were 1up at HT , and just didn't show up the 2nd half . 

Despite our runs in the winter , I'd still give summer football a try . Apart from the obvious , with fans having to attend and travel in sometimes difficult conditions , and the possibility of games being called off , it should also have us prepared for European games , instead of being caught cold now that the competitions start early . Having this winter break doesn't help in that respect and only disrupts the season .

Not a big fan of summer football.

However I would be a fan of having a 3 year trial of no winter break and finishing the season in April to see if it sorts out the co-efficient. Give the players a bit more of a rest in May so we don't have any of this playing in June/early July nonsense.

17 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I hope it snows like fuck in February  and causes havoc with the fixtures 

The present decision to have a winter break  leaves us with no games to enjoy for weeks .It's total bollocks for me 

I know our league is now pish quality compared to England .However it just breaks up what used to be one of the most exciting periods of the season for me .

These wankers running out game haven't a clue 

What's everyone's else's thoughts on this 

My thoughts exactly, mate!

it’s one thing having a shutdown somewhere like Central Europe, where you know a certain month is going to be totally ruled out because of the weather.

It’s quite another for us, when we’re as likely to have a dispruptive cold snap anytime between December & March, with no guessing when!

The winter break is only freebie fortnight, while the punters are crawlin back to their work skint after a couple of weeks of credit card carnage the powers that be, teams and players fuck off to a break? C'mon do me a favour, a pointless break that benefits nobody, well apart from the freebie mob, and is not needed weather wise as it's rarely do we get bad enough conditions to merit it. And as for summer football? Only the deluded believe that will happen, no chance, more chance they'll create new competitions in the summer months to bleed more cash out of you to keep them in the style they've become accustomed too, no wonder we are treated as a joke and nobody will invest heavy in Scottish fitba! Small potatoes with too many trough guzzlers !