Kris Boyd On Summer Signings

Laudrup1984

Who the fuck comes to Rangers in our current state for a jolly? Aye lets leave the nice sunshine of mexico and portugal to come to the pressure cooker that is glasgow.

The signings have been found out to be below what is required but i think its far too harsh to say they came for a jolly. A jolly would be staying in your native country in your comfort zone imo.

Maybe some of the players underestimated the challenge facing them but that is an entirely different altogether.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Brown Brogues said:

Who the fuck comes to Rangers in our current state for a jolly? Aye lets leave the nice sunshine of mexico and portugal to come to the pressure cooker that is glasgow.

The signings have been found out to be below what is required but i think its far too harsh to say they came for a jolly. A jolly would be staying in your native country in your comfort zone imo.

Maybe some of the players underestimated the challenge facing them but that is an entirely different altogether.

Are you saying Pena could have earned anywhere near 26K a week in Mexico?

No way will the players he listed all be leaving in January. Some of them will want to stay and we will strugle to find a club willing to sign the others.

Pena and Alves have it in them to be a success but are taking too long to settle in. There is a place for them here if they get the finger out.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Or he just wanted to try his luck abroad. I'm sure if he was only here for the money he wouldn't be leaving as soon as he is.

Pedro obviously knows his salary so I'm assume he will have to near enough match it. 

Bit of a cunt of a topic for me as I can't get my head around people rating him. Like I literally can't see how anyone can excuse how shite he is. And the stat thing doesn't sit with me as his stats could be doubled with someone able and on half his fee/salary. 

I've watched every match he played and honestly I think he's dreadful.

46 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Pena had 6 starts and 6 sub appearances in the top flight and managed the same amount of league goals from midfield as Boyd gave us in a full season playing up front in the championship. He's got a cheek to be slagging off anyone :lol:

That said, Pena hadn’t actually spent much of  his time doing so-called ‘midfield’ duties & Boyd has outscored him hands down so far this season, in a Kilmarnock team (nuff said!).

I think he’s earned the right.

I've resigned myself to us losing a large chunk of money to get all the dross off the wage bill. Can't see us recouping anything like what they have cost us in transfer fees and wages.  The figures quoted for Pena's wages have been a real eye opener, never realised we were paying anything like £20,000 to £30,000 a week, crazy wages for us to be paying out.  

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

That said, Pena hadn’t actually spent much of  his time doing so-called ‘midfield’ duties & Boyd has outscored him hands down so far this season, in a Kilmarnock team (nuff said!).

I don't really care what he's done for Kilmarnock tbh. He said those players were here on a jolly when the fact is he was even less effective than them in his last spell here. Sheer hypocrisy.

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Na i’d agree with LPB on this, and has he fuck earned the right. Kris Boyd downed tools for us long before he left first time round, from Jan-May that season he scored twice. This was BEFORE he announced he’d leave because he’d “achieved all he could” in Scotland. 

He was a failure at every club thereafter, but hes earned the right?