Kris Boyd On Summer Signings

Laudrup1984

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Na i’d agree with LPB on this, and has he fuck earned the right. Kris Boyd downed tools for us long before he left first time round, from Jan-May that season he scored twice. This was BEFORE he announced he’d leave because he’d “achieved all he could” in Scotland. 

He was a failure at every club thereafter, but hes earned the right? 

Whatever.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't really care what he's done for Kilmarnock tbh. He said those players were here on a jolly when the fact is he was even less effective than them in his last spell here. Sheer hypocrisy.

I’d say ‘takes one to know one’ &, as I’ve said previously, KB has shown us 2 sides of the same coin, one of which where he seriously underperformed (so yes, there’s a bit of hypocrisy about it).

Hence, he knows what that’s all about.

And he’s talking from a position where he’s got almost twice as many goals this season as the man in question, who folk are dancing cartwheels to try to justify, in what we would regard as a shite Kilmarnock team.

You may not care, but I don’t think you can dismiss that.

7 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I was as angry about that as anyone but I don't think that one year wipes out the other five 

It 100% doesn’t but people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

its actually a poor show that’s he’s given platform considering he still plays in the league 

If we had a striker of Kris Boyds ability up front along with the buffalo we could be sitting top of the league. I thought he was terrific in his first spell with us not so good the second time around though. But if your granny had balls and all that ,hopefully we are going to sign another striker like Kris boyd to pair up with morelos  this transfer window.

34 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

It 100% doesn’t but people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

its actually a poor show that’s he’s given platform considering he still plays in the league 

I must say, that’s an interesting one.

Opinions from current players tend to be bland, at best.

56 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Sorry mate - our opinions differ.

Not worth getting into a row about.

KB certainly not without his faults, but I think he has a point.

Fair enough mate. As you’ve probably guessed, I’m not a huge Boyd fan ?

14 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Fair enough mate. As you’ve probably guessed, I’m not a huge Boyd fan ?

No - he’d drive you up the wall, but still had an incredible output!

(Continuing to this day, against us?).

Don’t blame anyone for taking a dislike after that 2nd spell - so many times he just seemed to swing his leg like he wasn’t bothered!

13 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Pedro obviously knows his salary so I'm assume he will have to near enough match it. 

Bit of a cunt of a topic for me as I can't get my head around people rating him. Like I literally can't see how anyone can excuse how shite he is. And the stat thing doesn't sit with me as his stats could be doubled with someone able and on half his fee/salary. 

I've watched every match he played and honestly I think he's dreadful.

Totally agree. Has about 6 meaningful touches a game, can't do a thing off the ball, doesn't train properly or look after himself. Not a professional footballer.

3 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Totally agree. Has about 6 meaningful touches a game, can't do a thing off the ball, doesn't train properly or look after himself. Not a professional footballer.

If one or two of those touches are sticking it in the back of the net, then there’s no problem. 

Scoring goals is how you win games. For all his faults, and there’s many, he has a knack for finding space and sticking the ball in the net - exactly like Boyd. 

He’s not the typical guy fans would get behind or appreciate (taking guys on or flying into tackles), so when he doesn’t score he comes in for extra criticism I think. 

He’s got ability, we just can’t carry a luxury player at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If one or two of those touches are sticking it in the back of the net, then there’s no problem. 

Scoring goals is how you win games. For all his faults, and there’s many, he has a knack for finding space and sticking the ball in the net - exactly like Boyd. 

He’s not the typical guy fans would get behind or appreciate (taking guys on or flying into tackles), so when he doesn’t score he comes in for extra criticism I think. 

He’s got ability, we just can’t carry a luxury player at the moment. 

You make some very valid points but I'll just add that what you don't do off the ball can lose you games. He is largely a passenger in games and for such little input he'd need to be a 30 goals a season player to justify a place. I suspect there was once a decent player but he's not suitable at our level and in our league.