Dundee United

Escobar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Don't give a single fuck about them bye bye karma is a bitch.

They won't fully die though they will merge with Dundee and become Dundee City or something.

That’s a great idea actually, it would save lots of money on maintaining and cleaning two empty trophy rooms.

Stephen Thompson has stepped down as Dundee United chairman and is leaving the club's board with immediate effect.

The Tannadice club's majority shareholder has also said he intends to sell most of his shares in the coming months.

Thompson had announced in January he would step down at the end of the season and said he had made the decision to allow time for a successor to be found and so as not to be a distraction as the team fought to win promotion to the Premiership.

However, it has now been confirmed that businessman Mike Martin has been elected as chairman with immediate effect, having recently acquired more than 30% of the club's shares.

Martin said: "I know that Dundee United has excellent potential and when the opportunity arose to purchase a significant shareholding in the club I saw it as a real chance to contribute more effectively to the challenge of turning round the club's fortunes.

"Being elected chairman puts me in a position to further influence the change of direction required to revive the fortunes of the club, working alongside my experienced and committed colleagues in the boardroom.

"It is clear that Dundee United benefits from an excellent staff and arguably the most loyal and passionate support base in the country.

"We have all experienced pain in the recent times but I ask all fans to judge me, as chairman, on my actions and get behind the club as we look to ensure a bright long-term future."

Thompson leaves the board after almost a decade in the position, having taken charge when his father Eddie Thompson passed away in October 2008.

He now intends to pursue his own business and sports ambitions, United said in a statement on their official website.

Like a rat leaving a sinking ship 

All we need now is Lidl and Aldi to put his fucking corner shop out of business and he’ll be jumping off the Tay Bridge.

Never forgive him for his “Ibrox is not safe for children” slur which the SFA will pull him up for any year now:bangbang:

Remember when he refused to sit in our directors box 'for his own safety' and instead sat in the away end. 

How the tables have turned, if he sat in with his own fans now they'd rip out his throat 

1 hour ago, Hamie said:

Remember when he refused to sit in our directors box 'for his own safety' and instead sat in the away end. 

How the tables have turned, if he sat in with his own fans now they'd rip out his throat 

Odious cunt of a man. 

Hope they rot in the Championship for years to come then fade away into nothing. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Surprised at this 

Still be in the playoffs though

Ideal scenario would be them getting to the playoff final, only to be pumped by Dundee and Neil McCann going full Cantona on some tangerine fenians.

Archived