Dundee United

Escobar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

Apparently their wage bill alone is 133% of their turnover, never mind all the other expenses of running a full time club, stadium maintenance etc. They do have benefactors but how much of this benevolence is based on them getting promotion this season?

Remember this if you ever have the misfortune to bump into a Utd fan who wants to bang on about Rangers alleged financial foolhardiness and how we cheated by spending money we did not have.

I mentioned this weeks ago. I know the now former financial director of  the club and he was telling me that the American owners have it written into their financial planning that Dundee Utd will be playing European football in the next 3-5 years 😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I mentioned this weeks ago. I know the now former financial director of  the club and he was telling me that the American owners have it written into their financial planning that Dundee Utd will be playing European football in the next 3-5 years 😂😂😂😂

Surely you mean European Soccer??

17 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

More chance of Tesco than Torino 

Quite right, it is ridiculous that there are two football grounds within 20 yards of each other on the same street. I am sure that the local community would be much better served with a shiny new Cash Converters on the current Tannadice site.

On 27/10/2019 at 10:39, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

They're the best of a bad bunch in that league this season. Ayr could have competed with them but they'll lose their way now that McCall has jumped ship.

If Dundee Utd come up this season I'd pile money on them going straight back down.

I can see Dundee motoring now, if dorrans can keep fit he is the best player in that league by an absolute mile. Squad wise Dundee have better players anyway and now they've got a couple of wins in a row they will gather momentum. I think they'll win it with united 2nd again and the inevitable failure in the play off will follow.

10 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I can see Dundee motoring now, if dorrans can keep fit he is the best player in that league by an absolute mile. Squad wise Dundee have better players anyway and now they've got a couple of wins in a row they will gather momentum. I think they'll win it with united 2nd again and the inevitable failure in the play off will follow.

Hope you’re right mate. Wouldn’t mind seeing us help Dundee with a loan player if possible. 

29 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Hope you’re right mate. Wouldn’t mind seeing us help Dundee with a loan player if possible. 

My you are naughty.😁 Just imagine the seethe, although I must admit I am loath to help out any other Club in Scotland with the exception of say, Peterhead and the very few others  others who did not join in the fight to stick the boot into us first when we were at out lowest ebb.

1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

My you are naughty.😁 Just imagine the seethe, although I must admit I am loath to help out any other Club in Scotland with the exception of say, Peterhead and the very few others  others who did not join in the fight to stick the boot into us first when we were at out lowest ebb.

Not as naughty mate as us sending Middleton to the spoonburners. Boy needs lots of football. Not a start here and there. 

40 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Not as naughty mate as us sending Middleton to the spoonburners. Boy needs lots of football. Not a start here and there. 

I had forgotten about that, I would have preferred if he had headed south, however in the very unlikely event he scores the winner against THEM on Saturday, I will take it all back.

5 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

Dorrans is finished mate.

5 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

WkyqFF.gif

15 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Dorrans is finished mate.

He might be done at the very top level, i.e Rangers, but he will stroll it down in that division. If hes fit he is still a very decent footballer, when you see the level of most of the teams even in the top league he is a far better player than most midfielders in this country. Even now. That's if he can stay fit, big if granted.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Would much rather have Dundee Utd than Livingston or Hamilton in the Premiership 

Not a chance. All are realistically terrible football teams but with all that has gone on through the antics of Thompson I’d rather they slipped into obscurity and we never played them again. Horrible club riddled in hatred and have been a nothing club for over 20 years. Even if they do come up they will be nothing but relegation fodder the exact same as hamilton or livi expect they will have a grass pitch in a stadium I’ll never set foot in and nor should any other bear. I’ve not returned since he tried to charge us for the abandoned cup game and regardless of him selling up their support remains the same, lasts night pre planned show of contempt for the minute silence tells you all you need to know 

Archived