Dundee United

Escobar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BlueRD said:

I hope they don't even sniff the playoffs.

i think they will make the playoffs but dont think they will get 2nd  which means a extra 2 games if they get through.  at the end of the day the playoffs are geared up to protect the premier league team so i cannot see them getting through 6 games                                                fs

11 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Tbf they were away to Dumbarton and I don't think that ground holds much more 

At their previous home game against Dumbarton on 3rd April the attendence was 3,620; 1/4 full...

image.thumb.png.87caf9b92d0f3e072b0dec4f5b0009ad.png

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye and lost to them away on Saturday :lol:

I'm confused as to what we are even discussing now :lol:

How much of a wee diddy team they are and how Karma is a bitch.......as far as I can tell :mutley:

12 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye and lost to them away on Saturday :lol:

I'm confused as to what we are even discussing now :lol:

I think we were discussing how their disgusting fans, who apparently could live without us, can't even half fill their ground even though their club is dying.

One of the posts was that at the game at the weekend there was only 994 people there but it appears they don't have much more than that at home either.

It must be a sad existence to hate one club so much that you are willing to sacrifice your own club to the point of it no longer existing.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

I think we were discussing how their disgusting fans, who apparently could live without us, can't even half fill their ground even though their club is dying.

One of the posts was that at the game at the weekend there was only 994 people there but it appears they don't have much more than that at home either.

It must be a sad existence to hate one club so much that you are willing to sacrifice your own club to the point of it no longer existing.

Nail on head...........sums up a significant number of spl clubs "fans".

7 hours ago, jintybear said:

Fucking idiots, invited to be part of the gang that came after us then tossed aside once they had served their purpose with no place at the table anymore.  Yet if you asked them today who they hate the most it would be?  

Talk about master your own demise. Never mind - sell out Saturday will save them.  

On 10/04/2018 at 10:34, harlands plater said:

There’s talk in the press about a buyout from the US. This time next year they’ll be another Man City.

I don’t understand, why would anyone in the US want to buy them ? Unless they are property developers, where do they see the potential in the club, the fan base ?

Even if they got promotion, they’d need to have European ambitions to make any return.

Shamed to say it, but I went to a couple of Dundee United games when I lived up there just for the sake of getting along to the football with a pal from my uni course who supported them.  Their support is bizarre.  DU had just been promoted that season and they were all moaning that they'd rather be back in Division 1 because the ticket prices were cheaper :confused:   Where we were sat was in the season ticket holders area and everyone had the wee plaques on the upright of their seat; 3 minutes into the game (Dundee Derby) Billy Dodds scored a header for DU which the linesman flagged offside and they all went apeshit smashing up their own stadium.   Seats were getting ripped out and booted to shards- 3 minutes into the game.  What the hell were they planning on sitting on for the next 87 minutes?  And it's got your NAME on it mate!

Dundee ended up winning the game 1-0 and a guy who was sat 3 or 4 rows behind lept over the top of everyone, ran onto the pitch and tried to hook Rab Douglas, presumably for not conceding.    Then we get outside and there's gangs of casuals waiting who start attacking their own fans.   Mental.

The other game was undoubtedly the worst game of football I have ever witnessed.  Scottish Cup replay vs St Johnstone.    It had been raining torrentially for a week and the right side of the pitch was completely waterlogged.  The other side wasn't so bad, but all the play was going up and down the waterlogged side for the whole game.   It would have been comical if we hadn't paid to get in and got soaked for our trouble.  

6 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I don’t understand, why would anyone in the US want to buy them ? Unless they are property developers, where do they see the potential in the club, the fan base ?

Even if they got promotion, they’d need to have European ambitions to make any return.

American Peh?

Archived