Our club & board are a shambles

Pedrono1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I posted the other night that Jamie had signed I wasn't told about it being on loan though. But even then people were still getting their knickers in a twist let's just see how he does on loan but I have a feeling he is going to surprise a lot of people.

Well you did your best from what you got told and at least he is here so you were rite but remember we have fuds at the helm big chap!

Sky Sports website a few mins ago 

Jamie Murphy has joined Rangers on loan from Brighton until the end of the season when the Scottish Premiership side can exercise an option to make the move permanent.

The 28-year-old is a boyhood Rangers fan and is set to become the club's second arrival of the transfer window, having already landed Sean Goss on loan from QPR.

Rangers wanted to sign the former Motherwell player on a long-term deal during the January window but Brighton would prefer to wait until the end of the season before making the switch permanent.

8 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Sky Sports website a few mins ago 

Jamie Murphy has joined Rangers on loan from Brighton until the end of the season when the Scottish Premiership side can exercise an option to make the move permanent.

The 28-year-old is a boyhood Rangers fan and is set to become the club's second arrival of the transfer window, having already landed Sean Goss on loan from QPR.

Rangers wanted to sign the former Motherwell player on a long-term deal during the January window but Brighton would prefer to wait until the end of the season before making the switch permanent.

Risky. Guy could score 15 goals from now until may. Brighton day they want £2.5m for such a player. 

People making all sorts of excuses blaming injuries and Brighton and the eclipse of the moon.

It's really quite simple in my opinion.

The well is getting close to dry. We don't have millions to fork out. I actually think it's a brilliant move we haven't paid a few. But it's not through any sense of good business on our Boards part. It's simply that these guys in their current state can't take us any further forward.

Welcome to the club Jamie.

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If the Easdales couldn't cough up £1m for a player, so they just sat back and waited for ST renewals so the fans could pay for the transfer ... 

Pathetic. 

The Easdales didn't cough up 1m for a player, they did however provide us with a loan and if I remember rightly we sold our bright young prospect at the time Lewis Macleod to pay them back.

Anyway we didn't need 1 million quid for players, we had Ashley and he was only to happy to provide us with some young talented Newcastle players. Just a pity 4 out of the 5 young players were either injured or too ill to play football.

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Haven't a clue. Do they have issues with king? I could get to like them!

Now back on topic. King demanded a loan! Was this a good planned tactic, or is  he just skint (for us that is.)

:mutley:

You haven't a clue who Sonsofwilliam1 and shankillblue1 were,  so why didn't you then ask PQ why he brought them up in a post aimed at yourself?

Back on topic, not sure if getting Murphy on loan was a good planned tactic or we're just skint, could well be a combination of both, I'm just happy we've added a decent player to the squad.

1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

The Easdales didn't cough up 1m for a player, they did however provide us with a loan and if I remember rightly we sold our bright young prospect at the time Lewis Macleod to pay them back.

Anyway we didn't need 1 million quid for players, we had Ashley and he was only to happy to provide us with some young talented Newcastle players. Just a pity 4 out of the 5 young players were either injured or too ill to play football.

The player who was 'too ill' was only deemed to be so in Scotland, he would have been free to play on loan in England. Funny how that happened and he is now at Motherwell!

The circus goes on, who the fuck announces signings at twenty to one in the morning other than deadline day!! 

In relation to the OP, yes the board are a fucking shambles!! 

This has worked out really well for us though, presuming we aren’t paying his wages or at least all of his wages! Means we get the benefit of him for 6 months without paying for him! Also what if he’s an absolute flop, we get to say no thanks without wasting the million on him! 

Frightening that we can’t even spend £1m without it risking the signing of others though! 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

The circus goes on, who the fuck announces signings at twenty to one in the morning other than deadline day!! 

In relation to the OP, yes the board are a fucking shambles!! 

This has worked out really well for us though, presuming we aren’t paying his wages or at least all of his wages! Means we get the benefit of him for 6 months without paying for him! Also what if he’s an absolute flop, we get to say no thanks without wasting the million on him! 

Frightening that we can’t even spend £1m without it risking the signing of others though! 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

The player who was 'too ill' was only deemed to be so in Scotland, he would have been free to play on loan in England. Funny how that happened and he is now at Motherwell!

He was only deemed to ill to play in Scotland, is that meant to be a defence of this loan signing?

He didn't play for Newcastle again, we recieved him in January without a medical and it wasn't until mid November before he played at senior level again after going on loan to Coventry.

Do explain what was funny about how that happened.

26 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

He was only deemed to ill to play in Scotland, is that meant to be a defence of this loan signing?

He didn't play for Newcastle again, we recieved him in January without a medical and it wasn't until mid November before he played at senior level again after going on loan to Coventry.

Do explain what was funny about how that happened.

I just find it odd that his medical issue meant he could play in England but not just a few miles up the road in Scotland. He wasn't in Newcastles plans so no surprise he didn't play at senior level for them.

More questioning how the rules in Scotland always seem to be a problem for Rangers. Not sure why you thought it was a 'defence' of anything??

The nature of the illness, not the severity, was the issue. He was fit and ready to play but wasn't allowed to even train with Rangers. He was not 'too ill' to play. I would surmise (as a microbiologist) that he had a latent viral infection which was symptomless but showed up in blood tests. Obviously the exact infection is a matter of confidentiality but comparing lists published by the respective FAs would shed light.

19 hours ago, Pedrono1 said:

Feel free to move were appropriate but its starting to annoy me that our club apparently goes for a player ie jamie Murphy all looks well just few finishing touches before deal is completed then reports saying its hit the buffer because we cant afford it  yet our fucktards of a biard sanctions the loan singing of pena to that Mexican mob but we still need to pay 13k of his wages ffs this board continue to make fuck up after fuck up and us more and nore a laughing stock in football fucking enough is enough get them tae fuck 

Where is the Pena information coming from?  I haven't seen that reported.

4 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

I don't believe that part is correct.  Macleod wanted to go and the Easdales tried to keep him at Ibrox.