Our club & board are a shambles

Pedrono1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/01/2018 at 18:09, .Williamson. said:

Will we have the money in summer though?

Be a free agent. If we've got him on loan then a precontract then the board have saved us a good few well needed pounds. Also jives us the chance to say no if he turns out to not be good enough. I think he will be, but you never know. Win -win situation if that's how it is. 

After the shitstorm of last night, when our haters conspired to do us down, again, we get on with the serious matter of rebuilding our team. I'll start with our DOF and Murty, who may just be the right combo to do it successfully. Then add Jimmy Nic in the mix, to get what we have got firing on all cylinders. No guarantees, but we might just start to see the beginnings of a revolution that we all want to see on the park. In Murphy we have someone in whom if he is half as good as he laments about us, we have a player. Think the lad will be good for us. We can see from their other targets and signings, we are starting to look at the right players for the right price and the loan deals are fine until we get in a better financial place.

The true costs of Pedro's signings are starting to emerge. The 20k pw for Pena, far less his 2 mill tranfer fee. Some cunt is having a giraffe. The rumours we get on Alves getting more only adds insult to injury. Both of them need off our books ASAP, along with the other signings who are just not doing it, as they are costing us big time both on and off the park. Morelos and Candias just about saveable, as long as they're not on similar wages.

The admin 2 revelation yesterday was shocking, but I did smell shite and ignored it. I've always said our haters are nothing if not tenacious. A serious attempt by them to undermine us during a transfer window. Beggars belief, even from the obsessed. However, to me, it was also a timely reminder that if you don't control costs and live within your means you are have a high risk exposure to it. A simple first principle. Our exposure is only in the Director loans and with king subject to COS/TAB ruling, it is only in his response that could provoke a crisis. If he doesn't comply he will simply be off and it's all in the manner of the off where we have any risk. Even with this incompetent shower, there will be something in place. An agreement with king, who knows, but something will be in place. What I do hope, is that the board are learning lessons from it all. It's all right over spending and doling out loans, but when an unforeseen event outwith our control, as in TAB, or a simple fall out between the individuals it can put the business at risk and we after our recent history, should not be putting ourselves in such a position. None of this is hard to read into or work out. Our board simply need to stop with the own goals, that the whole nation simply feed on and use it against us.

I want this board to get rid of all the non value adding players, such as Pena and Alves, even taking a short term hit on them, as they are a financial burden we cannot afford, far less their underperforming. Let Allen and Murty get on with their job and bring in value for money players. They are out there and Murphy is one. Get our spending under control and stop those fucking loans as they are the one single item that makes us vulnerable in leaving us unsustainable and exposing us to events outwith our control that could seriously hurt us. Just get us on a break even basis. That should be our number one priority and it makes us untouchable, which on the footballing side, it allows us to rebuild from a position of strength and not weakness.

I think the DOF/Murty set up, may just prove to be the right recipe for the next step in our journey and God forbid, it might just actually be part of a strategy and a plan that will work under this board! This crew have done so much wrong, you could write a book about it, but I sincerely hope that lessons are being learned and they at last can put plans in place that will underpin a siccessfull and prosperous future. TBH, I doubt it will be a future with King  owing to the TAB deal and imo not a bad thing, but any parting of the ways will need goodwill, integrity and professionalism to see any disengagement through without risk. Let us hope these so called group of Rangers men can actually achieve that for the greater good. I know King is a bit of a wild card to say the least, but it was he who brought this upon us and he should be doing the right thing by us in this instance and I'd like to to think that he will.

So all in all and early days I know, but I like the way this transfer window is going and it's more than I thought we'd get in Murphy alone and more of it. Just get rid of all the high earning non value adders and we can get back to a position of strength long term and no more of this short term knee jerking shite. Unless we have a mega rich rich sugar daddy standing in the wings, we simply need to be living within our means and God forbid, we might even restore success and prosperity! 

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

After the shitstorm of last night, when our haters conspired to do us down, again, we get on with the serious matter of rebuilding our team. I'll start with our DOF and Murty, who may just be the right combo to do it successfully. Then add Jimmy Nic in the mix, to get what we have got firing on all cylinders. No guarantees, but we might just start to see the beginnings of a revolution that we all want to see on the park. In Murphy we have someone in whom if he is half as good as he laments about us, we have a player. Think the lad will be good for us. We can see from their other targets and signings, we are starting to look at the right players for the right price and the loan deals are fine until we get in a better financial place.

The true costs of Pedro's signings are starting to emerge. The 20k pw for Pena, far less his 2 mill tranfer fee. Some cunt is having a giraffe. The rumours we get on Alves getting more only adds insult to injury. Both of them need off our books ASAP, along with the other signings who are just not doing it, as they are costing us big time both on and off the park. Morelos and Candias just about saveable, as long as they're not on similar wages.

The admin 2 revelation yesterday was shocking, but I did smell shite and ignored it. I've always said our haters are nothing if not tenacious. A serious attempt by them to undermine us during a transfer window. Beggars belief, even from the obsessed. However, to me, it was also a timely reminder that if you don't control costs and live within your means you are have a high risk exposure to it. A simple first principle. Our exposure is only in the Director loans and with king subject to COS/TAB ruling, it is only in his response that could provoke a crisis. If he doesn't comply he will simply be off and it's all in the manner of the off where we have any risk. Even with this incompetent shower, there will be something in place. An agreement with king, who knows, but something will be in place. What I do hope, is that the board are learning lessons from it all. It's all right over spending and doling out loans, but when an unforeseen event outwith our control, as in TAB, or a simple fall out between the individuals it can put the business at risk and we after our recent history, should not be putting ourselves in such a position. None of this is hard to read into or work out. Our board simply need to stop with the own goals, that the whole nation simply feed on and use it against us.

I want this board to get rid of all the non value adding players, such as Pena and Alves, even taking a short term hit on them, as they are a financial burden we cannot afford, far less their underperforming. Let Allen and Murty get on with their job and bring in value for money players. They are out there and Murphy is one. Get our spending under control and stop those fucking loans as they are the one single item that makes us vulnerable in leaving us unsustainable and exposing us to events outwith our control that could seriously hurt us. Just get us on a break even basis. That should be our number one priority and it makes us untouchable, which on the footballing side, it allows us to rebuild from a position of strength and not weakness.

I think the DOF/Murty set up, may just prove to be the right recipe for the next step in our journey and God forbid, it might just actually be part of a strategy and a plan that will work under this board! This crew have done so much wrong, you could write a book about it, but I sincerely hope that lessons are being learned and they at last can put plans in place that will underpin a siccessfull and prosperous future. TBH, I doubt it will be a future with King  owing to the TAB deal and imo not a bad thing, but any parting of the ways will need goodwill, integrity and professionalism to see any disengagement through without risk. Let us hope these so called group of Rangers men can actually achieve that for the greater good. I know King is a bit of a wild card to say the least, but it was he who brought this upon us and he should be doing the right thing by us in this instance and I'd like to to think that he will.

So all in all and early days I know, but I like the way this transfer window is going and it's more than I thought we'd get in Murphy alone and more of it. Just get rid of all the high earning non value adders and we can get back to a position of strength long term and no more of this short term knee jerking shite. Unless we have a mega rich rich sugar daddy standing in the wings, we simply need to be living within our means and God forbid, we might even restore success and prosperity! 

good post

I would be saying to Alves that he does not feature in the future plans and he can leave if he wants just now which if he wants in the WC might see his agent get him a move - frees a good amount up

Kranjar and Miller will be up in the summer - both need to leave

with our turnover there is no reason we should not be living within our means - the ability to pay higher wages than everyone apart from them means we can attract better quality but stop taking needless risks - Barton, Senderos, kranjar, Alves etc