Welcome to Rangers Jamie Murphy

Lloyd

JAMIE MURPHY has joined Rangers on loan until the end of the season when the move will become permanent with Rangers paying a guaranteed fixed fee.

Rangers were willing to sign the former Motherwell player on a long-term deal during the January window but Brighton prefer to wait until the end of the season before making the switch permanent.

However, only Rangers will have the option to sign Jamie at that time.

The 28-year-old became one of 10 summer signings during 2015 and Brighton manager Chris Hughton said last night: ‘’Jamie is a great lad, a fantastic professional who has a desire to play – and while we were in no hurry to see him leave, we do understand his desire to play for his boyhood team and one of the biggest clubs in Scotland.

“He’s been excellent for the club, ever since we signed him from Sheffield United, and wrote himself into club folklore as a crucial part of our promotion-winning side last season.

“On behalf of all at the club, I’d like to thank Jamie for his efforts and achievements during his time here and wish him the very best for the future.”

Jamie will now fly out to America to join Graeme Murty’s squad to take part in the Florida Cup.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Loan? What a complete shambles.

good luck anyway

It’s actually a good deal for us financially I guess, loan him for 6 months and then pay for him when we get season ticket money in.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

It’s actually a good deal for us financially I guess, loan him for 6 months and then pay for him when we get season ticket money in.

Exactly a shambles. Having to rely on us paying our season tickets rather than the board dipping into their pockets to sign someone.

Good player and I'm delighted he's here in some form but the loan is setting alarm bells ringing in regards to a few things.

The wording is interesting "expected to become permanent" meaning that if he tears the league up, Brighton could pull the plug or sell him for more money - or my concerns could be unfounded and there's an agreement in place that if we decide we do want to keep him, the fees are set in stone contractually.

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Exactly a shambles. Having to rely on us paying our season tickets rather than the board dipping into their pockets to sign someone.

Of course it is, but you shouldn’t be surprised the board are skint ffs. At least we’ve got him.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Good player and I'm delighted he's here in some form but the loan is setting alarm bells ringing in regards to a few things.

The wording is interesting "expected to become permanent" meaning that if he tears the league up, Brighton could pull the plug or sell him for more money - or my concerns could be unfounded and there's an agreement in place that if we decide we do want to keep him, the fees are set in stone contractually.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Of course it is, but you shouldn’t be surprised the board are skint ffs. At least we’ve got him.

Yeah I know happy we do but not good enough that it's a loan at this stage. The board clearly couldn't afford to pay Brighton up front. Worrying times.

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yeah I know happy we do but not good enough that it's a loan at this stage. The board clearly couldn't afford to pay Brighton up front. Worrying times.

Hopefully it’s because we’ve got other signings lined up this window like David Edgar says.

Also we can assess him in the loan period. If he's on decent wages and is now quite up to the task we can leave it and save ourselves the wages.

Not that I think it will come to that, this is a strangely risk free method though.