Welcome to Rangers Jamie Murphy

Lloyd

ffs guys--if you had the cash and went to buy a car and seen in the dealership that it could be had on a 0% APR deal, it would make sense to use the 0% APR deal and pay in instalments. Or one of those deals where its worded like '' buy now and nothing to pay next year'' type deals. you just get the car and keep the money and make a wee bit of interest. happens all the time in normal life, matters little when money gets handed over.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, chris182 said:

PM'd

Why the tone? Is this scenario not entirely possible? Or do you have first hand information you want to share with the message board? Were you part of the negotiations?

You might have noticed that we:

run at a loss

rely on loans to survive

have no discernible income, of any stature, other than season ticket money, which will now all be spent

if you think we decided to loan a player because brighton suddenly changed their mind then I admire you sunny disposition. In the real world we haven't a fucking penny and are run as a basket case. I am more surprised that clubs are still prepared to deal with us.

Just now, thehost said:

You might have noticed that we:

run at a loss

rely on loans to survive

have no discernible income, of any stature, other than season ticket money, which will now all be spent

if you think we decided to loan a player because brighton suddenly changed their mind then I admire you sunny disposition. In the real world we haven't a fucking penny and are run as a basket case. I am more surprised that clubs are still prepared to deal with us.

Not going to disagree on that, I haven't been wandering around blindfolded for the past few years. I've been a critic of the board since Pedro came in and aware of the financial constraints on us after the ineptitude of the board.

Saying that the aforementioned scenario is still entirely possible and I don't think the deal as it stands is necessarily a bad one in a business sense. 

6 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Welcome to Rangers Jamie!! 

Glad I don't support that PSG shambles, they took Mbappe on loan for a whole season before they are buying him. Shambolic shambles that French crowd are..... 

I think it's mental you just compared us to PSG when it comes to transfer dealings.

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Then why is the club website saying Brighton didn't want to sell permanently this window and why is the wording from their end "expected" ,, as I keep saying it doesn't make that much sense no matter what angle you come at it from .. but there is a couple of positives from it being a loan, but some negatives too and overall and most of all another charade and circus for us

To put it in the least punchy way I can Rangers has, as I see it,  cash problems and with it cash flow problems.  More money is spent than is earned and we are seemingly on an endless financial lifeline of soft loans just to keep going.    I suppose the period of time between now and the start of ST sales flowing in for next season may see quite a dependence yet again on soft loans.   So finding enough cash up front to pay Brighton to make the signing permanent in Jan seems to me to be a difficult trick to pull off unless those who have already put in soft loans were prepared to put in even more at this time to fund a signing.   Another way of saying we are skint and running on vapour.

But that may not be the only central bit of this.   If some of the signings made by Pedro and Warburton can be offloaded for fees in January then that would presumably ease the funding issues a little bit.   Timing issues may also be in play as if Rangers has other targets for January and needs funds for those targets then a mix of selling players and deferring payment for Murphy until summer may be the only way they have available to shuffle the playing pack, assuming soft loans are just for keeping going rather than for player investment that is.    Alves is surely worth a reasonable transfer fee, so is Pena and if push was coming to shove Windass, Tav and Foderingham could also presumably generate some fees.    It may yet be that players shifting out unlock some money to be spent on new players or put aside (ha ha) for summer to pay for Murphy.  

At least it looks like an exclusive call option on Murphy with a pre-agreed fixed fee so if Rangers really do want to convert the loan to permanent then its an easy deal to complete in summer..........assuming we have the money.    

The main thing is right now, in football terms, is Murphy can pull on a Rangers jersey and hopefully produce a lot of top performances between now and the end of the season. 

22 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Glad I don't support that PSG shambles, they took Mbappe on loan for a whole season before they are buying him. Shambolic shambles that French crowd are..... 

Did you just compare us to PSG and transfer dealings !!!

23 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

The difference being they couldn’t sign Mbappe permanently last summer due to financial fair play..not through lack of money like the reason we are taking Murphy on loan first.

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

The difference being they couldn’t sign Mbappe permanently last summer due to financial fair play..not through lack of money like the reason we are taking Murphy on loan first.

We don't know the ins/outs of either deal. UEFA has stated that permanent transfers at the end of a loan deal will be considered as if bought up front for financial fair play. So no advantage to PSG. 

I am not comparing us to PSG, I am using an extreme example to state that transfers are structured like this all the time. By many football clubs, for many reasons. It does not, in of itself, make our club or board a shambles. 

It is a good signing. Well done MA, GM and the board. 

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

We don't know the ins/outs of either deal. UEFA has stated that permanent transfers at the end of a loan deal will be considered as if bought up front for financial fair play. So no advantage to PSG. 

I am not comparing us to PSG, I am using an extreme example to state that transfers are structured like this all the time. By many football clubs, for many reasons. It does not, in of itself, make our club or board a shambles. 

If we get him permanently in the summer it’s a good signing.

11 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

They said that after the PSG deal was done though. Their intention was to get round the rules 

29 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

To put it in the least punchy way I can Rangers has, as I see it,  cash problems and with it cash flow problems.  More money is spent than is earned and we are seemingly on an endless financial lifeline of soft loans just to keep going.    I suppose the period of time between now and the start of ST sales flowing in for next season may see quite a dependence yet again on soft loans.   So finding enough cash up front to pay Brighton to make the signing permanent in Jan seems to me to be a difficult trick to pull off unless those who have already put in soft loans were prepared to put in even more at this time to fund a signing.   Another way of saying we are skint and running on vapour.

But that may not be the only central bit of this.   If some of the signings made by Pedro and Warburton can be offloaded for fees in January then that would presumably ease the funding issues a little bit.   Timing issues may also be in play as if Rangers has other targets for January and needs funds for those targets then a mix of selling players and deferring payment for Murphy until summer may be the only way they have available to shuffle the playing pack, assuming soft loans are just for keeping going rather than for player investment that is.    Alves is surely worth a reasonable transfer fee, so is Pena and if push was coming to shove Windass, Tav and Foderingham could also presumably generate some fees.    It may yet be that players shifting out unlock some money to be spent on new players or put aside (ha ha) for summer to pay for Murphy.  

At least it looks like an exclusive call option on Murphy with a pre-agreed fixed fee so if Rangers really do want to convert the loan to permanent then its an easy deal to complete in summer..........assuming we have the money.    

The main thing is right now, in football terms, is Murphy can pull on a Rangers jersey and hopefully produce a lot of top performances between now and the end of the season. 

Yes we obviously have money problems and either we settle for being shite or try to raise more money via the support, eg a monthly payment or the like, because it doesn’t look as if there are any mystery millionaires waiting to snap us up. 

If the likes of hertz can do it why can’t we. I would be willing to pay monthly to raise funds

Honestly don't know how good a player he is or what he will contribute but after all the hoo-ha in the mhedia, especially the lad declaring his allegiance to The Rangers at their forced interview with him I'm glad he secured his signing even only for that, it would have been a disgrace it fell through after that, good luck to him and hopefully he does us a turn!

the deal makes sense to me. There's no point creating some kind of shock horror we have no money scenario, we all know every penny is a prisoner. However we do have cash tied up in assets like Pena and a board willing to dip into their pockets on a needful basis. They are clearly trying to strengthen the team to make us competitive & you can't do that by simply releasing players. Look at the paucity of options murty had at celtic park. This deal means we have him for up to 4 years but if he doesn't cut it in 6 months we don't sign him. Sounds ok to me. We get a summer signing early, just like we did with pedro. Oh, wait a minute....lol

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

They loaned Mbappe for literally the exact opposite reason we loaned Murphy :lol: