Welcome to Rangers Jamie Murphy

Lloyd

49 minutes ago, Bluenose88 said:

I’m sure we have a limited budget this window. 

Im going to View this as a positive which will lead to another signing coming in this window.   He’s loaned now and has a firm clause for us to make it permanent in the summer. This now frees up the cash that would have been spent on him for another target. 

Yeah, limited to fuck all.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Yes we obviously have money problems and either we settle for being shite or try to raise more money via the support, eg a monthly payment or the like, because it doesn’t look as if there are any mystery millionaires waiting to snap us up. 

If the likes of hertz can do it why can’t we. I would be willing to pay monthly to raise funds

It's another way isn't it.   Raising money from supporters for a transfer fund by monthly or periodic subscription.  Donations if you like.   Non-refundable and ring fenced for the sole purpose of contributing to the transfer fund available to acquire new and better players.  A source of 'gift' income not yet sought by the Club.    It's probably too idealistic for Rangers and the Support at this time in our history. 

I think the problem for many would be trust.   Or more accurately a lack of trust in King and all / some of the directors.   A real concern that that they'd not use the income for other purposes or, maybe worse than that, spend unwisely so that it'd look like a complete waste of hard earned money.   Funds set up in a ring fenced account run by folks more trusted than the Board might be something to investigate though.   A trust operated by the likes of Laudrup, Hateley, Henderson, Albertz, and maybe a few other former players whose reputation is good and not tainted with too close a relationship with current Board members.  Where using their judgement of potential players for allocating money to buy a player would require the approval of these trusted former players as likely to be a good investment for the club.   

Maybe that sort of creating as much of an arms-length approach to raising funds for players but keeping as much control as possible over how it is spent might encourage supporters to gift funds.........but in reality I think there may be so much distrust of King and some of his directors that it'd take some selling to set up and operate that sort of idea.

Whether it's realistic or not is another matter.    What may be  more important is for the Club and the Support in general to do some harder thinking about how to raise significantly more funds to acquire much better players if the desire is to get to 55 titles reasonably quickly.     The old model of annual ST sales, gate receipts and commercial revenue to buy / develop then sell for healthy fees to reinvest / develop and so on and grow a title winning side has not been working and even if it can be made to work again may take some time to achieve.    

2 hours ago, offminorthreat said:

I will never understand why people get upset that their ST money goes to the playing squad. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

100%  - what the fuck do they think we use ST money for  

usual imbeciles digging deep to make us look bad in anything we do. 

Yeah, heaven forbid that any Rangers fans understand the difference between CAPEX and OPEX and should question why we are funding the former from sources normally used for the latter.

Best just to keep quiet and trust in the money fairy coming good again. That has worked well for us over the last 10 years.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Is that the same drama queens who had to apologise as Jim White said it was a permanent transfer or different ones? ?

I've honestly no idea who had to apologise, but I did post last night in the transfer section that I thought it was a done deal and he had signed, and would be going to Florida to meet up with the rest. Funnily enough it was announced shortly afterwards :whistle:

ps just read your post again, thought you were having a go at me for something I said  :confused:

4 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Welcome to Rangers Jamie!! 

Glad I don't support that PSG shambles, they took Mbappe on loan for a whole season before they are buying him. Shambolic shambles that French crowd are..... 

I have no words. 

2 hours ago, offminorthreat said:

I will never understand why people get upset that their ST money goes to the playing squad. 

People are upset because the board can't find £1m to pay Brighton now so the fans as usual will pick up the bill come renewal time.  

Then the story is that we'll use that money for more players in this window, my spidey senses are tingling on this one. 

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

Yeah, heaven forbid that any Rangers fans understand the difference between CAPEX and OPEX and should question why we are funding the former from sources normally used for the latter.

Best just to keep quiet and trust in the money fairy coming good again. That has worked well for us over the last 10 years.

Sorry I no understanding gobbledigook 

14 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Aye it means we can afford some sub-standard flash in the pan shite like Docherty or Jones who will be no better than Holt, Jack or Windass and we'll be back to square one and getting laughed at forever because we couldn't afford Jamie Murphy half way through a season.

Sounds amazing.

Have you actually seen Docherty play much?

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

Have you actually seen Docherty play much?

Something like 5 times, even watched a YouTube video the other night when this was gaining momentum - he's OK but in the long term he's not better than Jack, Holt, Windass, Candaies etc ... how many times you watched him play from Tyneside like? avid Hamilton watcher? 

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Tyneside ? nope I haven’t seen him that much either but a lot of Rangers fans seem to think he’s a good player and will offer more than Holt

@K.A.I

OK so you don't have an opinion on him then but take issue with my opinion, who's seen him play - makes sense.

He might offer a bit more than Holt but enough to topple celtic? not a chance - it will be another signing for the sake of it. 

Guys like Murphy we should be concentrating on and finding a system for Dorrans when he's back in a few weeks alongside McCorie in midfield - that gives me hope not average players from Hamilton who will no doubt end up out on loan in a year - we need to start being sensible - if he's not considerably better than what we've got, why waste what little we have? use it towards someone better when they become available and we will challange a lot, lot quicker - trust me

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

OK so you don't have an opinion on him then but take issue with my opinion, who's seen him play - makes sense.

He might offer a bit more than Holt but enough to topple celtic? not a chance - it will be another signing for the sake of it. 

Guys like Murphy we should be concentrating on and finding a system for Dorrans when he's back in a few weeks alongside McCorie in midfield - that gives me hope not average players from Hamilton who will no doubt end up out on loan in a year - we need to start being sensible - if he's not considerably better than what we've got, why waste what little we have? use it towards someone better when they become available and we will challange a lot, lot quicker - trust me

I agree with that to an extent but if you look at our most recent successful sides we've always had players that we've signed from other Scottish clubs. Guys like Naismith, Thompson, Whitaker, Broadfoot - now I'm not saying Docherty will be as successful as any of them were but not every signing from other SPFL has to go the same way as MOH did for example. 

Docherty is a good player, has the potential and attributes to go far and been one of the best central midfielders in the country this season.

Just turned 21 year old. Box to box midfielder, dynamic, technical, pacey, powerful. We don’t have a midfidelder like that.

6 assists and 2 goals this season for a very poor side, involved in 1/3 of Hamiltons goals this season. 3rd in the league for expected assists. 

Doesn’t matter who he plays for, that just makes his performances & numbers even more impressive. Really hope this one happens (it will).

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve watched him a couple of times and thought he was good,no world beater but a good player but as I say I’ve only watched him a couple times and certainly seemed to offer more than Holt who let’s be honest just runs about and doesn’t really achieve much 

we are a long way off toppling the scum unless we start to spend millions(which we haven’t got) so let’s start to try and get second and pull away from the sheep before we worry about celtic.

docherty to me is only young,player over 100 spfl games,a Rangers man and chance he could kick on and improve and his best years are ahead of him.

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Docherty is a good player, has the potential and attributes to go far and been one of the best central midfielders in the country this season.

Just turned 21 year old. Box to box midfielder, dynamic, technical, pacey, powerful. We don’t have a midfidelder like that.

6 assists and 2 goals this season for a very poor side, involved in 1/3 of Hamiltons goals this season. 3rd in the league for expected assists. 

Doesn’t matter who he plays for, that just makes his performances & numbers even more impressive. Really hope this one happens (it will).

@K.A.I