Murty talks about Sean Goss

duffy2391

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Some write up and expectation for a guy that at 22 has a lofty total of six appearances, some as sub, for QPR.

The article says he’s only 20? Although I agree with your comment, I don’t see this kid being the key to unlocking defences but I can only hope he proves me wrong and we can then get him signed up permanently.

I think the intention is for Mcrorrie to go back into defence and this guy to play as the defensive midfielder.as I said in a previous post theDM as well as winning the ball needs to put his foot on it and control the tempo of the play ala Busquets.young Ross doesn't do this he wins the ball well but he tends to treat it like a hot tottie when he gets it.put Ross back into centre back or right back (if Tav leaves)and sit this guy in front of the defense

He's spot on that that's one of the big things we've been missing. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that for all of his positives, McCrorie doesn't do those kind of things in midfield, so it's another wee thing to me that reflects well on Murty's judgement.

Would be pleasantly surprised if this lad ends up being the solution, right enough.

16 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

Murty isn't wrong. We struggle against teams that sit in big time and we end up giving the ball away cheaply and seem to always be hit on the counter attack. Sounds like he has this boy as a starter in the team. 

I genuinely fear that he has Halliday as a starter. I think Murty is going to go down the choose my pals route

22 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

The article says he’s only 20? Although I agree with your comment, I don’t see this kid being the key to unlocking defences but I can only hope he proves me wrong and we can then get him signed up permanently.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd%3Fplayer_id%3D86073&ved=0ahUKEwi5jP_w8cXYAhXqLMAKHefYCrwQFggcMAA&usg=AOvVaw0Q3tc6eyBp-h_ATBO1W9KV

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Think Murty is just trying to oversell a transfer that he's had no say in tbh.

Why would he not just say he's had a great grounding at man Utd and has the potential we're looking for?

He's selling him as a first team starter against all bar maybe the bheasts, sheep and hivs.

If we are to believe that Murty is involved in the "parameter" identifications of the players he wants (if not the names of those targets) then of course he has a say in this lad coming in - unless he's been brought in despite not matching the set parameters.

26 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

I think the intention is for Mcrorrie to go back into defence and this guy to play as the defensive midfielder.as I said in a previous post theDM as well as winning the ball needs to put his foot on it and control the tempo of the play ala Busquets.young Ross doesn't do this he wins the ball well but he tends to treat it like a hot tottie when he gets it.put Ross back into centre back or right back (if Tav leaves)and sit this guy in front of the defense

Could well be the case with Mccrorie moving back given nothing has happened with Wilson who is out of contract in the summer.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Why would he not just say he's had a choir grounding at man Utd and has the potential we're looking for?

He's selling him as a first team starter against all bar maybe the bheasts, sheep and hivs.

If we are to believe that Murty is involved in the "parameter" identifications of the players he wants (if not the names of those targets) then of course he has a say in this lad coming in - unless he's been brought in despite not matching the set parameters.

I don't believe that at all.

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't believe that at all.

So Murty has no say in any transfers and is blatantly lying to us?

Murty said: “We have been looking more at people who fit the parameters rather than me saying: ‘I want this guy, I know him from the past, I need this guy’. It is more me saying: ‘What do we have that fits these parameters? What are options one, two, three, four’. Then we go and narrow it down from there.

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So Murty has no say in any transfers and is blatantly lying to us?

Murty said: “We have been looking more at people who fit the parameters rather than me saying: ‘I want this guy, I know him from the past, I need this guy’. It is more me saying: ‘What do we have that fits these parameters? What are options one, two, three, four’. Then we go and narrow it down from there.

If you read between the lines he's pretty much saying as much there.

He isn't choosing who we sign, he's identifying an area that needs strengthened and then supposedly being given options.

31 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He isn't choosing who we sign, he's identifying an area that needs strengthened and then supposedly being given options.

You highlighted the part in a previous post about Murty identifying parameters and said you didn't believe that to be the case at all. Despite him saying so 

Now you reckon he's identifying areas needing strengthening but has no say in who these folk are.

So does that mean the DOF and his team are solely responsible for identifying and securing Murphy, and deserve the acclaim of all of us who seem delighted so far?

31 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

So, how does that translate as him not having any say in our transfer dealings?

If he sets the target for the type of player we need, gets given options that fit our signing policy and budget, and then chooses which ones he would prefer we got, that sounds like a pretty big say he's got.

Different approach to "give me two and a half million up front and 30K a week, I want to sign Carlos Pena", certainly, but that's not an approach that's worked for a while.

4 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

So, how does that translate as him not having any say in our transfer dealings?

If he sets the target for the type of player we need, gets given options that fit our signing policy and budget, and then chooses which ones he would prefer we got, that sounds like a pretty big say he's got.

Different approach to "give me two and a half million up front and 30K a week, I want to sign Carlos Pena", certainly, but that's not an approach that's worked for a while.

Seems some are happy to have Murty in his role absolved of any responsibility.

Gets the praise for results and performances like v the beggars and sheep yet if we lose then it' not his fault, not his players blah blah.

And now even the new players aren't his signings.

Strange.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Seems some are happy to have Murty in his role absolved of any responsibility.

Gets the praise for results and performances like v the beggars and sheep yet if we lose then it' not his fault, not his players blah blah.

And now even the new players aren't his signings.

Strange.

I've never once said anything similar to what you've just posted but ok :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Some have.

And here you say Murty isn't doing what he's clearly said he's doing.

He's not getting to choose players he wants to sign. He's identifying "parameters" and being given options. It seems the best option in this case is a guy who, at 22, has managed 6 games in his career.

Rather than Murty saying "I told the DOF what I wanted and the options were shite so I chose Goss" he's came out and tried to oversell the transfer with the ludicrous Carrick comparisons.

Hope this helps x

That was some hype for a player whose made 6 (is it?) appearances for QPR and isn't good enough to hold down regular first team slot at QPR.    

Murty has set himself up and set the player up for the rest of the season.   It goes one of 2 ways given the hype dished out by Murty:

(1) Player lives up fully to the hype and has nothing short of a stellar loan period at Rangers where he routinely gets rave reviews for his contributions in games and its clear that he was a diamond of a loan signing; or

(2) anything less than (1) means he's been a dungheap of a player, yet another loan player who could not make enough of a positive impact at Ibrox.    And with it instantly bring about justifiable criticism of Murty's judgement about bringing  the player to Rangers and about talking him up such gushing terms.

It's one or other come the end of the season.  Given Murty's statement there is no middle ground other than the middle ground on this other than if out through injury having been injured by an opposition player in a game.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I thought as much. Embarrassingly that our article seems to have it wrong then.

‘Goss moved to QPR last January after expressing a desire to play first-team football but opportunities were hard to come by, the 20-year-old made six appearances at Loftus Road’