Brian Fantana

Credit due to Mark Allen?

6 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Rumour has it he's managed to get Pedro to pay all of Pena wages whilst he's away as well as agreeing a fee of around 2m in the summer if all goes well.

That'd be a great piece of business if true.

lets hope he plays well then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I think folk need to take a step back and wait to see how the season ends before these types of threads.

It wasn't so long ago folk were praising the board for bringing in the likes of Barton, Niko, Rossier, Dodoo and co and it ended up an expensive disaster.

Let's just wait and see how it pans out.

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

To early to say for me ,best to make a judgement at the end of the summer transfer window

These two posts are also how I feel about MA, hope he can make a difference but far too early for me to be looking too far ahead with his signings or loans IMO. 

7 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Rumour has it he's managed to get Pedro to pay all of Pena wages whilst he's away as well as agreeing a fee of around 2m in the summer if all goes well.

That'd be a great piece of business if true.

I don't think that's great business at all tbh. Any other manager than Pedro then it's good business but we should have got the full fee out of him.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't think that's great business at all tbh. Any other manager than Pedro then it's good business but we should have got the full fee out of him.

Managers don't decide the transfer fees, wages, or any financial stuff regarding a transfer...

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Managers don't decide the transfer fees, wages, or any financial stuff regarding a transfer...

Stop splitting hairs you obviously know what I meant. If Pedro was that desperate to land Pena then we should have held off for a better deal from his club instead of taking a hit after 6 months.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Stop splitting hairs you obviously know what I meant. If Pedro was that desperate to land Pena then we should have held off for a better deal from his club instead of taking a hit after 6 months.

Dunno where its been indicated that he is "desperate" to get him. Even then, his club still won't dive in to stupid deals (assuming they're not run by idiots).

Its a good deal, no idea why you'd pretend otherwise. 

• Like 1

I’ll give him credit when he does something to earn it.

• Like 2

Want him to do well but I remain sceptical. Sure the Murphy signing is a good one but the lad Goss has really got me annoyed.........I will eat humble pie if the lad turns out to be ok but given he brought in the likes of Nemane then I cant say I'm filled with confidence.

25 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Dunno where its been indicated that he is "desperate" to get him. Even then, his club still won't dive in to stupid deals (assuming they're not run by idiots).

Its a good deal, no idea why you'd pretend otherwise. 

I'm not pretending otherwise. I'm giving an opinion, that's generally how these forum things work.

7 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Honestly think it's too early to say

This. To be fair to Mark Allen though, cunts on here (a lot too) had written him off before he even had a transfer window because they didn't hear anything about him in a month or two. That's with him working on getting a scouting system up and running too

One season won't even be enough to judge any work he does. 

38 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of course it is. We get Pena wages paid in full till the summer, get rid of a player who contributes fuck all to our team & we get (the fee we supposedly paid for him) back. There's no way we'd get any profit out this deal, even the best YouTube compilation would have teams starting a bidding war.

8 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Of course it is. We get Pena wages paid in full till the summer, get rid of a player who contributes fuck all to our team & we get (the fee we supposedly paid for him) back. There's no way we'd get any profit out this deal, even the best YouTube compilation would have teams starting a bidding war.

We paid £2m for him? My mistake, didn't realise it had went down again.

On the plus side, if the figure we paid for him keeps dropping at the current rate, it'll be £2m of pure profit by the time his loan is up.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

On the plus side, if the figure we paid for him keeps dropping at the current rate, it'll be £2m of pure profit by the time his loan is up.

Depends on where you read because I've seen places saying 2.2m, 3.5m etc. Do you know how much we paid for him? 

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Screenshot_20180108-181540.thumb.png.beda2786a452692e74bf7d6b7b436c9a.png

Screenshot_20180108-181437.png

16 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Depends on where you read because I've seen places saying 2.2m, 3.5m etc. Do you know how much we paid for him? 

I don't have a clue. It's went from £3.5m to £3m to £2.7m to £2.5m to £2.2m and now £2m.

Funnily enough the £2m claims were made after it was reported that it's also how much we're selling him for. Almost as if we're trying to hide the fact we're taking a hit on him.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm not pretending otherwise. I'm giving an opinion, that's generally how these forum things work.

We tell you what the forum is about yah uppity wee chancer :pipe:

(did they not incorporate his transfer fee and wages into the total figure originally, might explain the discrepancies between figures).

39 minutes ago, Malvern said:

We tell you what the forum is about yah uppity wee chancer :pipe:

(did they not incorporate his transfer fee and wages into the total figure originally, might explain the discrepancies between figures).

Quite possibly. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

I know a certain club does that to fool their fans into thinking there's more money being spent on transfer fees than there actually is.

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't have a clue. It's went from £3.5m to £3m to £2.7m to £2.5m to £2.2m and now £2m.

Funnily enough the £2m claims were made after it was reported that it's also how much we're selling him for. Almost as if we're trying to hide the fact we're taking a hit on him.

Those ones I quoted you in all say 2.2m bit I've also seen one or 2 places saying 3m could potentially be with add ons?

Either way I'm happy he's now off the wage bill & we aren't paying anything towards it anymore. Hopefully someone else will get a chance that can actually play a bit of football instead of being an empty jersey.

15 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The OP is suggesting credit not congratulations, nor high fives or back slapping as others mention.

Would have thought if folk were pleased with the signings of Murphy/John permanently/ Goss then some credit would be afforded. Unless the signing were not deemed to be part of his doing which would be controversial.

Or perhaps folk want the benefit of hindsight before commiting to whether or not they're good signings.....

Secondary to that is the players out aspect which seems also to be a work in progress. Pena seems to be the biggest profile exit and it does seem as if that could come off to our financial gain.

Not sure why, and not aimed at you, but tbere does seem a reluctance out there to show positivity to Allen.

There's no way a team will pay us £2m after six months with them. Think how much you think he's worth after 6 months of seeing him...

12 hours ago, Camshy said:

Want him to do well but I remain sceptical. Sure the Murphy signing is a good one but the lad Goss has really got me annoyed.........I will eat humble pie if the lad turns out to be ok but given he brought in the likes of Nemane then I cant say I'm filled with confidence.

Namane was only here on loan.  If a loan doesn't work the club offloads the player during the next window.  If it does work we can pursue them on a permanent as we did with John.  There's very little risk involved.  

15 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

To early to say for me ,best to make a judgement at the end of the summer transfer window

I am of the same opinion. Let give him 2 windows to see if the standard is better then think about praise or not. Murty is now the head coach, Allen is the head of player recruitment let see how this works out. We have had 3 managers who have been very hit or miss (mostly miss) in player recruitment, so we are trying something different, lets hope for the best. 

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

There's no way a team will pay us £2m after six months with them. Think how much you think he's worth after 6 months of seeing him...

We paid it ?without even having him here.

Fingers crossed a guy who is anonymous during games, contributes zero then poaches the odd good goal is what they're crying out for...

• Like 1

I think it's too early to make a decision on Mark Allen,  the players who are coming in will definitely be his signings so we need to wait and see if they make an impact. I think the DOF is a good idea and I hope it works out, it let's Murty do what he is good at and work with the players and Mark Allen can work on getting players out on loans and identifying new targets. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

I think it's too early to make a decision on Mark Allen,  the players who are coming in will definitely be his signings so we need to wait and see if they make an impact.

So opinions solely based on hindsight not on how good you believe the signings are today?

That's an easy cop out rather than saying now whether or not you think the signings are decent based on the here and now.

I'm happy with Murphy signing and DJ signing permanently.  Goss I find bizarre and know little of him but won't get too stressed by a 5 month loan punt. You?

Too often folk criticise retrospectively for signings they either agreed with at the time or didnt offer opinions on.  Ie Alves.

If you're happy with the signing at the time and it doesn't work out then surely criticism should be directed at the player / manager rather than for the signing in the first place?