Winter Break Yes or No?

Winter Break  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scottish football continue to have a winter break?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Seems pointless, the tims will get more benefit from it as they were looking fucked through December, It would of been good to of seen them stretched

That is the best point of the lot mate .

It suits them, as they obviously had played the most games .

And that's is truly why we have it

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Was last season as well mate :lol:

Was it? Fuck.

Memory's always been shite so I'm not worried. 

When did it start? I'm also paranoid it's been brought in to suit one team.

9 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Saturday was a fine day for a game of football so I would have to vote against it ... truth is our climate is just too unpredictable

Didn't they want to give the players a rest? Too many games getting played etc.?

Then they go and play friendlies? It also leaves the last month of the season very crowded with games being played midweek to catch up. If a Scottish club was to ever reach the latter stages of the Europa League, they'd be struggling to fit in all the games before the season ends, because I'm fairly sure that there are some league matches  scheduled for midweek, at the same dates as European semifinals.

On 1/8/2018 at 21:33, Inigo said:

Not really bothered either way. If the clubs think it benefits them then I'm fine with it.

I am curious as to why it's been brought in this season though.

Ask liewell I think most things in Scottish football go across his desk these days :britney:

On 1/9/2018 at 04:22, Thewhitesettler said:

Didn't they want to give the players a rest? Too many games getting played etc.?

Then they go and play friendlies? It also leaves the last month of the season very crowded with games being played midweek to catch up. If a Scottish club was to ever reach the latter stages of the Europa League, they'd be struggling to fit in all the games before the season ends, because I'm fairly sure that there are some league matches  scheduled for midweek, at the same dates as European semifinals.

It's a really good point the clubs just see the pound signs and start arranging friendlies ...so far as congestion goes I wouldn't be surprised if the snow sets in just as they are coming back which would be a real sickener after at least 2 good Saturdays missed 

On 09/01/2018 at 07:33, SuperPapac05 said:

Yes if teams were actually using it to give their players rest instead of playing pointless matches which defeats the whole purpose. Either just stick to training or just continue with the league. 

How does it defeat the purpose?

I think it is a waste of time, it was scrapped before, in part because of some clubs using the break to play friendlies to raise revenue - with other clubs, who weren't/couldn't complaining. I can see this being pulled in a couple of seasons, no real football justification for it.