Clint Hill - Video

julescotia

One of the few players I’ve seen going to our fans, furious at a disgusting result and performance, to offer a genuine and sincere apology. I’ll never forget that. 

When he got up to match sharpness he was excellent. Read the game superbly, and gave everything. One of those players that just seemed to fall in love with us. Cracking player and a real gent. Pity we didnt get him here when he was younger.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Wish we got him earlier in his career. Releasing him was the right thing to do though, this season would have been one too many for him IMO.

Possibly but he's still playing for Carlisle, played his 650th career game in the fa cup against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday. If he can manage that level I see no reason why he couldn't have managed another season with us.

3 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Possibly but he's still playing for Carlisle, played his 650th career game in the fa cup against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday. If he can manage that level I see no reason why he couldn't have managed another season with us.

Playing for a mid table side in League 2 isn't anywhere close to the demands he would have playing for us. I just think he left at the best time and we'll remember his time here well whereas if he stayed and got took apart this season which I suspect he would have then it would tarnish the good memories of him.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Playing for a mid table side in League 2 isn't anywhere close to the demands he would have playing for us. I just think he left at the best time and we'll remember his time here well whereas if he stayed and got took apart this season which I suspect he would have then it would tarnish the good memories of him.

Where do you think Hamilton Dundee and Motherwell would finish in the English league 2? I don't think the demands would differ that much week to week tbh.

1 minute ago, Billy1984 said:

Where do you think Hamilton Dundee and Motherwell would finish in the English league 2? I don't think the demands would differ that much week to week tbh.

Higher than you think.

And Carlisle aren't expected to win week in week out. It's a different kettle of fish entirely IMO.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Higher than you think.

And Carlisle aren't expected to win week in week out. It's a different kettle of fish entirely IMO.

I'm just looking at it from the massive let down alves has been and think hill could have gave us more over a season than he ever will for us. Might be wrong and it could've been one year too much like you say though.

Enjoyed that wee vid was raging when we first signed big Clint thought "you got to be joking" but he didnt half change my mind wish we had got him ten years earlier guy was and is a class act totally just gets what Rangers is all about i was gutted when pedro got shot of him an e even after pedro told him he was surplus to requirements he still played out his skin and was without a doubt one of a very few who always gave 100% :bow:

Spoiler

• 3 months later...
On 09/01/2018 at 11:42, Captain Hilts said:

Could've done a job for us this season without a doubt. Would've been more reliable than Alves and on half the wages aswell no doubt. 

And Russell Martin makes Hill look like Puyol.