Andy Halliday speaks

Smile

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

You've really got a thing about Scottish players haven't you?

Yeah I can't stand them. Rubbish players, mentally weak, athletically sub-standard, barely able to speak English. 

I long for the days we had grown (non Scottish) men who would properly represent us like Gough, Amoruso, Albertz, Numan, etc

38 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

“Copland” or “Mammy”? I genuinely can’t make up my mind which patter is worse.:britney:

I'm sure the Falkirk fans will think of something better for him when he's playing for them next season. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

Yeah I can't stand them. Rubbish players, mentally weak, athletically sub-standard, barely able to speak English. 

I long for the days we had grown (non Scottish) men who would properly represent us like Gough, Amoruso, Albertz, Numan, etc

Gough ? 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

Gough

facepalm.gif

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Gough ? 

Yes? He's South African. He only played for Scotland. 

In the same way Murty played for Scotland but is English or Costa plays for Spain but is Brazilian. 

You should make sure you actually know what you're talking about before attempting to be a smart arse. 

10 minutes ago, gsa said:

For me a player is good enough or not good enough without reserving some special hatred for their nationality. We've had very good Scottish players and also very bad ones with others somewhere in the middle, same as anywhere else basically

Lets not pretend we haven't had our fair share of foreign duds as well yet people like yourself seem to let them off more lightly

Just now, simplythebest said:

For me a player is good enough or not good enough without reserving some special hatred for their nationality. We've had very good Scottish players and also very bad ones with others somewhere in the middle, same as anywhere else basically

Lets not pretend we haven't had our fair share of foreign duds as well yet people like yourself seem to let them off more lightly

Fair enough. You make valid points. 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

He's a Springbok.

With 61 caps for Scotland, wasn't classed as a foreigner for us by UEFA, and who started his adult career in Enland at the age of 16?

And if you're following that thought process, he was born in Sweden not SA. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

With 61 caps for Scotland, wasn't classed as a foreigner for us by UEFA, and who started his adult career in Enland at the age of 16?

And if you're following that route, he was born in Sweden not SA. 

If you moved to Nigeria to become a plumber at 16 would you be Nigerian? 

Uefa don't define nationality. They define who a player has represented. 

Is Owen Hargreaves Canadian or English? 

16 minutes ago, gsa said:

What about the  likes of Baxter and Cooper mate?

image.gif

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Yes, because he played for Scotland.

You're an actual retard.

If you moved to china, were resident for 5 years and were selected to represent china at any sport, would you become Chinese?

Just now, .Williamson. said:

What about the  likes of Baxter and Cooper mate?

image.gif

Yeah that's a great point and you're right. But long before my time, I've only known Scottish football to be an utter embarrassment.