Craig Mulholland

Del

After seeing the news about the club hiring the new coaches and reading the interview with Craig Mulholland about the appointments, I can help but think he doesn't get the credit he deserves!

I could listen to him all day, he gets what it means to at Rangers and to play for Rangers, the way he speaks about giving youth players a chance and I think overall he has been a big success since he was appointed in 2015.

Although there have only been a handful of young players from our academy playing week in and week in recent years, the current crop look like they could be the best in a while, especially at younger levels.

His reputation in the football world seems to be growing and growing, so hopefully we can keep a hold of him, as I think the man is a credit to Rangers!

I wonder if Hibs were sniffing round Thomson I half expected to read one day that he had been appointed on to their staff, anyway I am glad he is at Ibrox alongside a good few other ex players, if any show a special talent it may well be a Murty type route to the big chair.

5 hours ago, Del said:

After seeing the news about the club hiring the new coaches and reading the interview with Craig Mulholland about the appointments, I can help but think he doesn't get the credit he deserves!

I could listen to him all day, he gets what it means to at Rangers and to play for Rangers, the way he speaks about giving youth players a chance and I think overall he has been a big success since he was appointed in 2015.

Although there have only been a handful of young players from our academy playing week in and week in recent years, the current crop look like they could be the best in a while, especially at younger levels.

His reputation in the football world seems to be growing and growing, so hopefully we can keep a hold of him, as I think the man is a credit to Rangers!

Well said Craig ?

Remember Southampton wanted him to be head of academy. He rejected them. For however long he remains at our club he will be a massive asset.

Didn't he say he wanted our academy to be in the top 10 rated in the uk he was laughed at I wouldn't put it past him achieving it....

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

Think it was all paper talk but at one point I was under the impression it had happened and Murty had taken his job.

Warburton wanted him and Murty was spoken about as a likely replacement. Craig's all-in in what he's doing with our kids and really wants to see it bear fruit long-term. I think the fact he's also had a kid of his own in the last 12 months also played a part in him not going anywhere.

15 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Remember Southampton wanted him to be head of academy. He rejected them. For however long he remains at our club he will be a massive asset.

Didn't he say he wanted our academy to be in the top 10 rated in the uk he was laughed at I wouldn't put it past him achieving it....

I was saying it all last season too but if there's one area of the club where we are doing things right its the Academy. The difference over the last few years is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Warburton wanted him and Murty was spoken about as a likely replacement. Craig's all-in in what he's doing with our kids and really wants to see it bear fruit long-term. I think the fact he's also had a kid of his own in the last 12 months also played a part in him not going anywhere.

I would like to think he thought Warburton was a buck eejit in his football philosophy and never entertained the idea of moving.

Just watched his RTV interview there. Every time he speaks you can tell he genuinely loves his work and knows what he's talking about. Deserves alot of credit for the progress of the academy over the last few years it seems.