Helicopter Sunday celebrations

jackrfc95

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take me back , take me back

One of the best days in my Rangers supporting life

A day that beggars will never get , no matter how many they win in a row .

Mind blowing " It will never get any better than this " I said to my bruv and nephew

It just won't in our lifetimes

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

This is a "Diana Dead" / "Twin Towers Attack" kinda day for all Rangers fans.

Where were you when. . .

In the pub with tears of joy running down my face - wonderful fantastic day and I almost didn't  go to pub as I expected them to win. :bow::cheers: ??

One of the funniest moments ever after game Big Marvin with his head out the sunroof of an old Toyota been driven to get to his church trying to get through the crowds and the more he tries to move, the car gets even more hemmed by us all going crazy when one old boy says ,Dirty bastard,off to church an He’s no got washed or changed.Pure magic ??????

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Sat in the upper at Easter road that day. Spent the full game literally praying in my seat and the big man answered.  

I can actually visualise that with you Goat

Bet you were down the front at the end.

Lucky cunt getting a ticket .

One of the best days of my life without actually being at the game

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

One of the funniest moments ever after game Big Marvin with his head out the sunroof of an old Toyota been driven to get to his church trying to get through the crowds and the more he tries to move, the car gets even more hemmed by us all going crazy when one old boy says ,Dirty bastard,off to church an He’s no got washed or changed.Pure magic ??????

That's a brilliant story mate

Never thought we could pull it off. Was due in Stratford on the Monday morning so fucked with my wife and baby daughter on the Sunday to avoid the manky pollution.  Was walking around Tellytubby land in a daze when texts started dropping about Motherwell scoring. When confirmed we had won was delirious and needed a drink. But on a downer because no other cunt gave a shite. Back at hotel, watched news on a loop for about two hours to see goals from both games. Was a good day......

Shota was pickled there lol brilliant stuff.  What a day that was.

I mind turning off after half-time to go get the shopping.   First image was seeing a dejected Celtc supporter outside his car and I was thinking ah well... must be happy if he's outside like that.   Got up the road and my late grandmother (love her) left a note on my computer table saying Rangers had won.  Had never seen her that way over football.  My head was numb for hours after it.  Will never get that feeling or moment back no matter how much money is spent.

12 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Shota was pickled there lol brilliant stuff.  What a day that was.

I mind turning off after half-time to go get the shopping.   First image was seeing a dejected Celtc supporter outside his car and I was thinking ah well... must be happy if he's outside like that.   Got up the road and my late grandmother (love her) left a note on my computer table saying Rangers had won.  Had never seen her that way over football.  My head was numb for hours after it.  Will never get that feeling or moment back no matter how much money is spent.

Great summation.   Remember thinking, probably 15 -20 minutes to go, that I'd head to the basement to listen to what was left of our game, after all, there was only pride at stake as they only had to beat Motherwell.  Remember getting a radio commentary on the radio and could honestly not believe what I was hearing, in fact, dont remember much more about that night!!!  

Last sentence summed it up.

Was in the house myself watching it, it kept going from one game to another, I remember the commentator saying Hibs are sitting in their own half and happy to pass the ball back to Rangers as they had already reached their target. When the final whistle went I ran out onto the street jumping about like fuck and not one cunt was to be seen, I wasn't giving a fuck, one of my best feelings ever.

Couldn't stand the more likely prospect of the Pedos winning the league that day so had all but switched off on the football........

...... anyway came out the library of all places in fenian infested coatbridge and witnessed a taxi driver driving down academy Street his face buried in the steering wheel. Instantly sensed they had fucked up and before I could get back to the car for the radio the phone goes and it's the big mate screaming we'd just won the league.

Fucking bouncing up and down the street like a five year old and to fuck with taig gestapo streaming out the pub across the road. Genuinely one of THE best days of my entire life. The memories of that day and especially that night are as vivid now writing this as they were back then. 

I was on the pitch at the end holding a bank of scotland flag between the stage where they got the medals and the stage where they got the trophy. There was 4 of us from our Supporters Club doing that maybe 5.Seriously amazing. Guy from Bank of Scotland gave us pelted for going mental. 

If you've got the dvd there is an extra one for celebrations I am the wee fat bloke next to the stage where they picked up medals and briefly congratulated Eck. 

Not expecting anything other than a taig win I never went to pub to watch it. I was driving into dunfermline when Motherwell scored their first. My lasting memory was me going mental in the car while still driving and almost losing control only to see the guy coming the other way going crazy as well. Fortunately we missed each other

3 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

Remember it well on Leith walk on the way back to the busses, Marvin was the church pastor and still is in Kirkcaldy, scenes, that day I nearly went over the upper that day also when that whistle went at the end.