Tavs stats

Junior Soprano

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Tav guy. Reminds me of the white cafu and we sold him for a bundle.

I think the best way to use Tav would be as wing back with 3 centre backs behind him in a 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1. That allows him to continue to make runs from deep and gives him extra defensive cover. See the £3mil tag assosiated with him but id honestly want double that to start talks.

6 hours ago, Siwel said:

He's outstanding can't believe there are folk on here who still don't rate him. He was one of the worst crossers in the league last season and now he's easily the best and he's improved his defence massively.

We won't get more for him than Tierney mainly because he's a lot younger and has champions league experience but we should be looking at a minimum of 3 million for Tav this window.

Morelos and Windass have brilliant Radars also.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

If Windass could improve the accuracy of his shooting he could be very, very good.

Tierny isn'y evem Scotland best left back.

Granted he is talented but i think the best developement for him would be to move into midfield similar to what Bayern did with Lahm.

Think the hype about him is mental though. Lets no forget he has been a part of the defense who shipped 18 goals in 6 games in Europe and 4 against Hearts. Was more than found out.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm a Tav guy. Reminds me of the white cafu and we sold him for a bundle.

I think the best way to use Tav would be as wing back with 3 centre backs behind him in a 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1. That allows him to continue to make runs from deep and gives him extra defensive cover. See the £3mil tag assosiated with him but id honestly want double that to start talks.

Both Tav and John on the other side would benefit from a back 3. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Both Tav and John on the other side would benefit from a back 3. 

Wallace as well. He is shite when someone runs at him.

The benefit of this is it allows the wing backs to press higher which in turn pushes back other teams wingers/full backs.

Tav played most of the 2nd half at the piggery in their half and Sinclair was subbed and Tierny dissappeared.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Tierny isn'y evem Scotland best left back.

Granted he is talented but i think the best developement for him would be to move into midfield similar to what Bayern did with Lahm.

Think the hype about him is mental though. Lets no forget he has been a part of the defense who shipped 18 goals in 6 games in Europe and 4 against Hearts. Was more than found out.

I know, he is the universes best left back.

Best ever.

Pyoor bestest.

I don't think Tav always gets the credit he deserves. He's such an outlet for us and is one of those players who's always prepared to have a go. He never shies away from having the ball, unlike some. His deliveries are also generally top drawer. There's no-one else in the league who can whip a cross in like him - fantastic technique. The two balls in to Morelos the other week were five minutes or so apart. Both very different, but both pinpoint. IF we lose him in January, he will be a big loss. No way we replace a player of his quality with the pitiful sum we would doubtless get for him.

Never in my time as a Rangers supporter have we had a RB or LB or a pair of CB's that are put under so much pressure by poor play from the MF in front of them.

Its not a coincedence that the entire back four have looked better as a unit since we've found the shape and the players that are effective in MF.

I would also add that a Rangers fullback should attack first and defend second. We should always be on the front foot, always on the ball. That's not up for debate.

Made a post a week or so back saying that if we were more clinical in front of goal that Tav's assist stats would be mental.

I think sometimes Tav gets unfair criticism for his defending when really he's playing as a full back does these days, modern fullbacks is as much about overlapping and getting forward as it is about defending and sometimes that means he'll get caught out of position but it should also be down to the other players to be intelligent enough to cover when he goes forward. 

In my opinion he's the best right back in the league and to let him go on the cheap would be disgraceful, what he offers us won't be easy to replace and we should be offering him a big contract and getting him tied down for years to come.

17 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Never in my time as a Rangers supporter have we had a RB or LB or a pair of CB's that are put under so much pressure by poor play from the MF in front of them.

Its not a coincedence that the entire back four have looked better as a unit since we've found the shape and the players that are effective in MF.

Fair point... although not just the MF but forwards too. Our RB and LB have bombed forward, only for our forwards to miss/pussy about/ or take weak shots that their keeper gathers and then starts a counter.

meh.

i like him but hes no superstar and is a defender first and foremost and thats what he'll be judged on and hes not the greatest defender. Id maybe move him forward to the midfield and see how he plays but the fact is we lose too many goals and he is at fault for some of them

12 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

meh.

i like him but hes no superstar and is a defender first and foremost and thats what he'll be judged on and hes not the greatest defender. Id maybe move him forward to the midfield and see how he plays but the fact is we lose too many goals and he is at fault for some of them

This season, I don't think that's true

Last year he was pretty poor but he has kicked on massively and the right hand side of our team is the best thing about us