King_gazza

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

The actual headline is Harry Forrester desperate for second Rangers chance after AFC Wimbledon spell

You knew that though didn't you? You just added "ends" because it makes the record seem less dishonest.

(EDIT: Here comes "That's why I said something along the lines of". I don't trust you at all. Hack.) 

fux sake the stupidest post on here in some time.

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

The actual headline is Harry Forrester desperate for second Rangers chance after AFC Wimbledon spell

You knew that though didn't you? You just added "ends" because it makes the records seem less dishonest.

Actually no, I'd only seen the Sun's headline which says:

Rangers outcast Harry Forrester desperate for another chance at Ibrox after Wimbledon loan ends

What I did do was read the story underneath the headline.

Here's the Record's headline: "Harry Forrester desperate for second Rangers chance after AFC Wimbledon spell"

Which bit is dishonest?

Just now, OhW said:

I think you knew what the headline was. The record headline is obvious clickbait (shocker) to make it seem like Forrester has returned.

There's no bit in that headline that gives the impression his loan is over. Like every other headline on the same set of quotes they all say he wants a second chance after his loan ends.

There's no part of it that can be called click bait either as the headline tells you a) who makes the quotes and b) what the quotes essentially say. That's literally as far from click-bait as you can get with a headline. Had it said something like "Rangers attacker wants second chance after loan ends" THEN it would be click bait as it's leaving something (who made the quotes) unclear and requires you to click the headline to find out.

Everyone knows the guy at school who was most talented but never made it as their attitude wasn't good enough. For me HF is that type. Unfortunately he's made it to an extent, at our expense, and unless he changes that attitude (he won't) we need to punt him first opportunity.

We were all desperate for gers to sign him especially after the Dundee cup game under Warburton , spl he was lazy and poor , he’ll look back and regret his attitude at Rangers massively one day , had the chance to make something of himself at one of the worlds biggest clubs but couldn’t be arsed 

Just now, OhW said:

You know the headline was created to give the impression he's back. That's why this thread is even here. 

It really doesn't. This thread is literally the only place I've seen anyone suggest that his loan had come to an end now instead of it being about when his loan ends in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

We were all desperate for gers to sign him especially after the Dundee cup game under Warburton , spl he was lazy and poor , he’ll look back and regret his attitude at Rangers massively one day , had the chance to make something of himself at one of the worlds biggest clubs but couldn’t be arsed 

Tbf, he was our best player for the first month or so then got dropped

Just now, OhW said:

They could easily have wrote “when loan spell ends” and there would be no ambiguity.

No there wouldn't but it would go over SEO recommendations, affect how it displays on social media.

Would also be an unnecessary clarification to a headline that doesn't need it.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tbf, he was our best player for the first month or so then got dropped

When he first broke into the team regularly in championship he looked excellent, still wee flashes here and there in spl , outside of the foot cross for Kenny to score a header at ibrox sticks out in my head , hard pushed to find any other player in the spl that could execute that the way he did , attitude stinking though