Ibrox Memorial Garden

eskbankloyal

4 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Ok Corian covered concrete walls .

Yep, which is quite different. The materials used make it much more than just a concrete wall.

It's alright not to like the design but let's not reduce it to something it isn't... concrete, brutalist etc, etc.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yep, which is quite different. The materials used make it much more than just a concrete wall.

It's alright not to like the design but let's not reduce it to something it isn't... concrete, brutalist etc, etc.

To me it is not appealing. We need something to brighten the place up.

Good idea and seemingly well thought out and a fitting memorial to the 66 and their families who survive them.

I like the practical design as it will wear well and allow for more people to be in the area with a minimum of upkeep and maintenance ..... the steel fencing is also practical as it allows cameras for stricter security a better view of the area, whereas a solid wall would help conceal intruders and make it easier for them to do the damage and escape detection,

:UK: 

I'm certainly not opposed to a memorial wall utilising unused space but I think the area outside it will not exactly enhance the appearance.   Our car park area is in a terrible condition.  (How we didn't get a spruce-up for the Commonwealth Games is no doubt due to the tim-filled council.  The money spent at the San Giro was a disgrace and frankly should have been investigated for outright corruption. )   Back to the subject matter.  Where is the money for this project coming from as it will not be cheap to construct.   I really would have thought that at this particular time we have other more urgent matters requiring the attention of our limited finances.

Think it looks pretty great, maybe should add a bit more colour to it but other than that it looks great. 

About time the 66 got a proper, proper tribute at Ibrox and it’ll help make the shitehole that is the area around Ibrox look a lot better. 

2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Think it looks pretty great, maybe should add a bit more colour to it but other than that it looks great. 

About time the 66 got a proper, proper tribute at Ibrox and it’ll help make the shitehole that is the area around Ibrox look a lot better. 

I don't think it is just a memorial to the 66 fans though.   There seems to be something about storing ashes of the deceased which appears to be for players if I'm reading it correctly.

24 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm certainly not opposed to a memorial wall utilising unused space but I think the area outside it will not exactly enhance the appearance.   Our car park area is in a terrible condition.  (How we didn't get a spruce-up for the Commonwealth Games is no doubt due to the tim-filled council.  The money spent at the San Giro was a disgrace and frankly should have been investigated for outright corruption. )   Back to the subject matter.  Where is the money for this project coming from as it will not be cheap to construct.   I really would have thought that at this particular time we have other more urgent matters requiring the attention of our limited finances.

I'd imagine ultimately we will pay for it. I expect a significant fundraising project will get underway once authorisation is granted.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't think it is just a memorial to the 66 fans though.   There seems to be something about storing ashes of the deceased which appears to be for players if I'm reading it correctly.

I get it’s for other stuff, but I expect them to have a significant part of the memorial. 

18 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Think it could be to help stop folk jumping the fences at night to scatter ashes on the pitch?

That's what I got from it anyway. 

I love the idea and credit to the board for it but don't like the actual design however I appreciate it's an early design with basic mock ups done. It will be interesting to see how it develops. It's about time work was done around our fantastic stadium.

Good thing but we will see how it finally pans out.

Wonder if they could plant Bluebells along the bottom of the wall. Inside of course. 

Also need some form of full time security. (No taigs) You just know the bheasts will live up

to their vile behaviour. 

Hearts have got one and my best mate has a memorial for his old man there - a good staunch bloke. Took me to see it when we were on the peeve in Edinburgh. Thing I liked about it was the memorial plaques were all mixed together with players, officials and fans all mixed together.

They had full time security on when we were there and big spiked gates when they locked it up to keep the Hivs out.

4 hours ago, Widget said:

Fantastic idea but......

Good luck with gcc planning dept.

My mate and me have been jumping through hoops trying to get planning for our Dennistoun War Memorial.

Red tape is a nightmare as is diversity (apparently) amongst other things.

Don't want to take this off track but we had meeting other night and was disgusted that our cheque got returned as it's from Orange Order, hopefully that gets sorted.