Ibrox Memorial Garden

eskbankloyal

50 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Don't want to take this off track but we had meeting other night and was disgusted that our cheque got returned as it's from Orange Order, hopefully that gets sorted.

WHAT?????  That better be a misunderstanding mate.  Who returned it?   PM if you think it better.

5 hours ago, Widget said:

Fantastic idea but......

Good luck with gcc planning dept.

My mate and me have been jumping through hoops trying to get planning for our Dennistoun War Memorial.

Red tape is a nightmare as is diversity (apparently) amongst other things.

GCC SNP are never easy to work with.

The yesers aside, i think the memorial garden is a great idea.

Rangers aren't just a club, we are a family and the garden will commemorate the efforts of our great club and our support. Our armed forces, the Ibrox disasters.

Supporters can get their ashes put there too.

. :thinking:

Must edit will. Ashes at Ibrox.

Love the idea of a fitting memorial. Looks good too.

Not sure about that interment wall though... something I don’t like about the final resting place of some of our former players being open to abuse from bheasts...

51 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Love the idea of a fitting memorial. Looks good too.

Not sure about that interment wall though... something I don’t like about the final resting place of some of our former players being open to abuse from bheasts...

The internment wall is for the ashes of supporters. I'd imagine former players will still be offered internment under the pitch, not sure how many have taken that option up. 

I know that has been available for supporters, certainly in the very recent past (a portion of remains at least) but I imagine the number of requests make it increasingly impractical. 

4 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

The internment wall is for the ashes of supporters. I'd imagine former players will still be offered internment under the pitch, not sure how many have taken that option up. 

I know that has been available for supporters, certainly in the very recent past (a portion of remains at least) but I imagine the number of requests make it increasingly impractical. 

My understanding (according to the plans) is that the interment walls are exclusive to ex players:

1CAB76A6-8ED3-45C1-953C-0152C065579E.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Bydo said:

My understanding (according to the plans) is that the interment walls are exclusive to ex players:

1CAB76A6-8ED3-45C1-953C-0152C065579E.jpeg

Hadn't seen that was going by the article.  Thats just a small part of the whole wall so assume that 'exclusive' infers there will be non-exclusive internment walls. I'd be surprised if it was the whole of the remains as there would be problems with the amount of space required.

From personal experience there was a very kind but, unfortunately, too late, offer to inter a portion of my late wifes ashes under the pitch a few years ago.

21 hours ago, SuperAli said:

I agree, it does look out of place. Nice sentiment but I don't think an appropriate design. 

Agreed. Design has to spot on because you know that, even with such sensitive subject matter, there are sad bastards across the city waiting to mock it.

56 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

From personal experience there was a very kind but, unfortunately, too late, offer to inter a portion of my late wifes ashes under the pitch a few years ago.

That’s a real shame, sorry to hear of your loss mate.

3 hours ago, BareGrills said:

I see the sentiment but this to me is a fucked up idea. It will be a magnet for vandalism that will fall into disrepair and be an embarrassment to the club. Keep it simple is the way to go

Why would it fall into disrepair, the current memorial has been vandalised and it is kept in good repair. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Its not like everyone was going agree on the design. Its just good that something is being built.

I actually like the design, its not over the top or extravagant and nor should it be.

Actually think for once the club have got it spot on. 

On 13/01/2018 at 11:01, Smile said:

I think this will just get Vandalised constantly.

It’s bound to over the years.Should never let this be a reason not to bring this project to fruition though.Its a fantastic idea and will be a place for many generations of fans to visit and remember loved ones.We bought bricks to remember members of our family which are situated just outside the megastore.Hardly the ideal place to visit and reminisce A dedicated memorial area will be a much better place for this to happen.