Safe standing

Escobar

Just now, left winger said:

Cheers ?

I think the amount of other fans that congregate around the union bears or stand in other parts of the stadium, suggests the numbers who would want standing areas, and actually buy tickets for them, is not that high.

Two sections would potentially work - getting singing in other parts of the stadium, like the enclosure and Copland used to do.

But there's a limited amount of room near BF1 and you can only stand if you're in the back row of other parts of the ground? What about every away game where everybody stands?

Two sections, small ones at that, totally defeats the purpose.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

But there's a limited amount of room near BF1 and you can only stand if you're in the back row of other parts of the ground? What about every away game where everybody stands?

Two sections, small ones at that, totally defeats the purpose.

The situation before with singing from the enclosure and Copland suggests it wouldn't necessarily defeat the purpose. 

Yeah, there is limited room near bf1. However, I've not seen much evidence of loads of people trying to get tickets beside them. 

As for away games, I stand at them as well. It is, pretty much, the done thing. I don't have any interest in standing at ibrox, though. That's not to say folk shouldn't.

Just now, left winger said:

The situation before with singing from the enclosure and Copland suggests it wouldn't necessarily defeat the purpose. 

Yeah, there is limited room near bf1. However, I've not seen much evidence of loads of people trying to get tickets beside them. 

As for away games, I stand at them as well. It is, pretty much, the done thing. I don't have any interest in standing at ibrox, though. That's not to say folk shouldn't.

The enclosure and the Copland are massive in comparison to the corners and are right beside each other, the two corners are small and have the whole length f the pitch in between

Well BF1 and BF2 are sold out every week so not sure how you came to that conclusion

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

The enclosure and the Copland are massive in comparison to the corners and are right beside each other, the two corners are small and have the whole length f the pitch in between

Well BF1 and BF2 are sold out every week so not sure how you came to that conclusion

Yeah, I know, but not everyone sang in those areas - lots more did than now, obv. The distance between the corners would, potentially, help to spread the signing further around the ground. If that was done, I'm sure it could be extended a bit at each side, if need be.

Most parts of the ground are sold out most weeks, tbf. The point I wa making is that I don't hear lots of people complaining they can't get tickets beside bf1, and most in bf2 don't stand, anyway.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

Yeah, I know, but not everyone sang in those areas - lots more did than now, obv. The distance between the corners would, potentially, help to spread the signing further around the ground. If that was done, I'm sure it could be extended a bit at each side, if need be.

Most parts of the ground are sold out most weeks, tbf. The point I wa making is that I don't hear lots of people complaining they can't get tickets beside bf1, and most in bf2 don't stand, anyway.

there would be 2 sections singing different songs the whole game 

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

That was the problem with the UB and TBO when they were in different sections.

It should be a single area (CF behind the goal or Enclosure SW4/5) with potential to expand if demand is there.

Rail seating is the way forward and I'd put it in the Broomloan Front as well but lock it down for the bheasts unless they just get the corner (all they really should get), its easier to hose down and sanitise after their visits. Its also less comfortable and more robust than the plastic seats they always vandalise.

Easier to hook up to the mains when needed too:whistle:.

38 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

38 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Could one group not just join in with the other? In the same way I expect you would want fans not in a standing section to join in?

And do the UB not already sing songs where some of them sing at the other part and vice versa?

Make CF rail seating for starters.   Put all those who want to stand and sing in there.   If there is enough demand add the East Enclosure.   There were 14000 of us standing at Murrayfield and I imagine the vast majority did it by choice so there is plenty of demand.