Kris Boyd's new charity

RangersMedia

Two days ago it was the fourth anniversary of Ian Redford's death and it got me thinking about how much more we can do to raise awareness of mental health issues.

I'd like to think the Charity Foundation would look at helping this type of cause - especially since one of our ex-players has set this up.

All the best to Kris and his family with this. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Such tragic circmstances for Kris and his family personally. A bit of a taboo subject and mental health is not the biggest priority within an NHS which is already at breaking point 

Wish him every success in what is a very worthy cause.

:tu:

Spot on mate.

...... and yet It is one of the most common ailments around and has been forever mate .... having many forms .... from mild anxiety, OCD, bi-polar to severe depression .... to more serious afflictions like schizophrenia and worse ... and yes the NHS do their best but as you say they are stretched.

This new charity that KB is launching is a welcome sign of the times as far as funding is concerned and is a much needed avenue that Kris is highlighting through his and his family's own worse nightmare scenario, which has led to their sad loss .... hopefully this will help people to understand  that mental health in it's many forms is something that can happen to anyone at any time .... young and not so young .... but if some understanding of the condition is attained it helps the people close to the person affected to also be able to handle the situation better .... thus helping the sufferer.

I too would like to wish Kris all the success this Taboo subject deserves.

:UK:

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

It's always good that people in the public eye associate themselves with mental health because it really is a huge taboo in our society 

I wouldn’t normally have anything positive to say about him but I know Neil Lennon gave a talk for a Mental Health Support Group that a relative of mine with Bi-Polar Disorder attended. She said that he spoke very humbly about the troubles he had and praised the support given to him. I did view him in a slightly different light after that given the spotlight he was living under.

Still a nasty wee bigot though!

Hope everything goes well with highlighting this, I have had four people that I know commit suicide and to know these people one day then you hear what's happened the next day is shocking to say the least, hopefully highlights it and gets more people to open up.

It's hard to coprehend the desperation and hopelessness a person must be feeling as they take their own life.

Anything at all that can help or raise awareness is huge. 

Good on Boyd. I hope club get right behind him and do all they can, as I'm sure they will.