Fortuna Sittard Unveil a Statue in Honour of Ricksen

Virtuoso

Wish we could get one for Ricksen at Ibrox, Since he left us i don't honestly think i have seen a captain with as much heart as he had, He came over a foreigner with little knowledge of Rangers only of there big name but left a Rangers fan and his love for the club and passion was only of that of a Rangers man.

6 hours ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Wish we could get one for Ricksen at Ibrox, Since he left us i don't honestly think i have seen a captain with as much heart as he had, He came over a foreigner with little knowledge of Rangers only of there big name but left a Rangers fan and his love for the club and passion was only of that of a Rangers man.

Seriously? A statue?

I am heartbroken the same as everyone about what has happened to Fernando and I loved him as a player but I don’t think he merits a statue. If it wasn’t for his situation would you hand on heart (and sword and shield) honestly want a statue of him at Ibrox?

7 hours ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Whilst it all very sad there’s no reason for a statue, numerous ex players from our history would be miles before him in the queue for one.

4 hours ago, jintybear said:

Seriously? A statue?

I am heartbroken the same as everyone about what has happened to Fernando and I loved him as a player but I don’t think he merits a statue. If it wasn’t for his situation would you hand on heart (and sword and shield) honestly want a statue of him at Ibrox?

Exactly. I have all the sympathy in the world for Fernando and wish him all the best but just because he's dying of a terrible disease doesn't mean he merits a statue at our ground. I'm glad he's being given support from his old clubs etc but some of the stuff you see on social media is basically ambulance chasing. No one would be calling for a statue of him if not for the current situation so folk should show a bit of class and pay tribute to him in a fitting way, imo a person should only have a statue while they're alive under rare circumstances or for achieving something truly remarkable, not just because they're dying. I know this sounds kind of harsh but there's no nice way to say it really. Bring him to the stadium, hold friendlies and fundraisers etc but there's no need in a statue of him 

5 hours ago, jintybear said:

Seriously? A statue?

Whilst i probably agree with you, i sometimes think it's better to keep things to myself rather than post on this forum.

Class gesture from Fortuna, shame to see the man we all loved struggle.

No Surrender Fernando.

5 hours ago, jintybear said:

Seriously? A statue?

Spot on. It really is horrendous what he is going through for him and his family, but nah not a statue.

I wouldn't stand against any statue to celebrate this individual not simply as a Rangers footballer but as a human being showing great courage, why not celebrate such fundamental courage and humanity? Of course there are better players further up the queue. Lets just say its a tragedy and we should do what we can to fight such terrible diseases.