Goss

13 minutes ago, JograBear said:

A loan with no chance to buy seems like a waste to me....rather develop one of our own.

Just the way football has gone over the years mate, ffs Chelsea have about 40 cunts out on loan that will never be in their respective clubs pay structure but if the loan player makes your team better for the period he’s there for then you have to take advantage of it. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Guys for what it is worth I think you are both correct but looking st it from different angles. If it is young players from Scotland or abroad we absolutely need to develop players capable of moving on to the epl.  If however he is already playing in England and is already sought after by epl we are unlikely to entice him to the spfl. The trick is to take players like John and get 2 or 3 good years out of him and develop him to epl standard and also make a financial gain.

Thats what im saying - and we've done it before. 

We absolutely must do it again 

I dont completely buy the not for sale line by Ferdinand. 

Ultimately Holloway will have a bigger say anyway, and if he doesn’t even have Goss on the bench then why would they keep him? 

Long way to go for him though, two good performances in a friendly. Hope he can do it in the league.

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Ultimately Holloway will have a bigger say anyway, and if he doesn’t even have Goss on the bench then why would they keep him? 

Long way to go for him though, two good performances in a friendly. Hope he can do it in the league.

All Ferdinand is doing is making any potential asking price higher. 

It's mugs like our board that undervalue players and sell them on the cheap.

24 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Got feeling Ferdinand will be there long after Holloway is gone, so if he says he’s not for sale then that probably is the bottom line. 

If he has a good 5 months though maybe we could get him next season on a season long loan, then you never know.