Goss

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it just goes to show, you really can't judge players based on states or lack thereof.

Sure, it's ONLY a couple of 45 minutes in effectively meaningless friendlies but Allen, Murty the Board were getting slagged right left and centre based on his significant lack of game time. Admittedly, on paper it looks terrible, and admittedly he may very well turn out to be shite, but give him a chance and then judge.

He could be a very interesting addition. Very neat and tidy on the ball and can pick a pass.

Positive start to the year on many fronts................

He’s looked good so far.

Good vision, can hit the long passes as easily as the short, class cross from the set-piece for a goal and not afraid to shoot from distance.

Already looks better than Holt, Halliday, Kranjcar, Jack IMO. You can’t really judge properly in these types of games but I’d have him ahead of all them in the next competitive game anyway.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Think it just goes to show, you really can't judge players based on states or lack thereof.

Sure, it's ONLY a couple of 45 minutes in effectively meaningless friendlies but Allen, Murty the Board were getting slagged right left and centre based on his significant lack of game time. Admittedly, on paper it looks terrible, and admittedly he may very well turn out to be shite, but give him a chance and then judge.

He could be a very interesting addition. Very neat and tidy on the ball and can pick a pass.

Positive start to the year on many fronts................

It does help if people have actually watched him play before passing judgement. He broke his back just as he was about to break into the reckoning at Man United. His quality was always there but QPR isnt the most natural home for his talents. 

Hopefully he continues in this vein. He may decide a future at Rangers is better than what he sees in West London.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

It does help if people have actually watched him play before passing judgement. He broke his back just as he was about to break into the reckoning at Man United. His quality was always there but QPR isnt the most natural home for his talents. 

Hopefully he continues in this vein. He may decide a future at Rangers is better than what he sees in West London.

It happens a lot in the Transfer section to be fair so I always take anything with a pinch of salt. I've literally seen him twice, and that was our two recent friendlies. Looks decent. It will be interesting to see him play when it really matters. Pretty excited though as it's clear he has ability with the ball at his feet..............

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

It happens a lot in the Transfer section to be fair so I always take anything with a pinch of salt. I've literally seen him twice, and that was our two recent friendlies. Looks decent. It will be interesting to see him play when it really matters. Pretty excited though as it's clear he has ability with the ball at his feet..............

I know its the low expectation of the last few years. I've seen a bit of him when he was at Man United so had an idea what he was capable of. Murty said he'd been looking at him for a while, I think with Jamie Murphy its already a decent transfer window and a positive break. Lets hope this carries through to the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, Sket said:

Come back when he performs consistently when it matters.

A totally agree mate but it's a good sign when a player actually looks like a player. 

Pena looked from day one like he hudny kicked a ball in his life, this guys left peg looks pretty good to me. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

A totally agree mate but it's a good sign when a player actually looks like a player. 

Pena looked from day one like he hudny kicked a ball in his life, this guys left peg looks pretty good to me. 

Hopefully he uses it wisely and boots legos jaw clean aff in march. Then it'll be an aye fae me.