Goss

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, bluchoo said:

Only what i read mate

"Les Ferdinand has backed Rangers newcomer Sean Goss to show during his five-month loan spell at Ibrox why he was once compared to Michael Carrick.

And the QPR director of football insists that potential is why the Ibrox club have not been given an option to buy Goss at the end of the season.

QPR legend Ferdinand insists, however, that the Championship outfit don’t want the loan agreed on Wednesday to act as a precursor to a permanent deal - as recently happened with Rangers left-back Declan John following his arrival from Cardiff.

‘We’re not looking at that at all,’ Ferdinand told Sportsmail. ‘We’re just looking at this being about him going out to gain some experience. We have high hopes for Sean and his potential. This is just part of educating young players.

Didn't know that . I'm a bit disappointed because he's looked the part , albeit in just a couple of friendlies . Makes more sense now that we seem to be interested in Greg Docherty . 

15 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Surely it's better to talk him up after a good performance than to write him off before he's even kicked a ball?

I’d say somewhere in between. 

That said we should be aspiring to have a squad where many of them are saught after by EPL clubs. He isn’t getting a game with QPR! 

Lets just have him settle in, play a few games and start to evaluate him then 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I’d say somewhere in between. 

That said we should be aspiring to have a squad where many of them are saught after by EPL clubs. He isn’t getting a game with QPR! 

Lets just have him settle in, play a few games and start to evaluate him then 

If a player was sought after by an EPL club then he would be out of our reach.  We'd struggle to compete with most Championship clubs when it comes to wages.

We're bringing in young guys with potential and trying to develop them.  That's a good strategy to have and I'd bet many young talented players get overlooked down South with all that money going around.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If a player was sought after by an EPL club then he would be out of our reach.  We'd struggle to compete with most Championship clubs when it comes to wages.

We're bringing in young guys with potential and trying to develop them.  That's a good strategy to have and I'd bet many young talented players get overlooked down South with all that money going around.

First sentence is bollocks. Where do you think Ross McCrorie will be in 5 years 

where did Davis, McGregor, Naismith, Jelavic etc go to? The moon? 

The vermin across the city also have 2-3 right now who could feasibly end up in the EPL

any aspiration less than this and we are fucked - pure and simple. 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

First sentence is bollocks. Where do you think Ross McCrorie will be in 5 years 

where did Davis, McGregor, Naismith, Jelavic etc go to? The moon? 

The vermin across the city also have 2-3 right now who could feasibly end up in the EPL

ant aspiration less than this and we are fucked - pure and simple. 

You don't like Goss because he's not currently sought after by an EPL club?  You think that's a reasonable and realistic level of expectation when it comes to signings?

I have no idea where McCrorie or Goss will be in 5 years and neither do you.  

McGregor, Naismith, and Jelavic, played for us prior to our recent problems.  Much has changed since then.  

I didn’t say I don’t like Goss. I’m arguing for a bit of time to make a proper assessment. It’s feast of famine in here. 

So signing a player from Kilmarnock like Naismith. Or developing a player like McGregor and both ended up in the EPL is no longer possible??? 

Well if it isn’t we are going to struggle to overcome the rhats. They have that belief and ambition eg Van Dijk, Wanyama - if we don’t (or like you pessimistic) then we are fucked 

btw McCrorie will be in the epl in 5 years - nothing surer 

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I didn’t say I don’t like Goss. I’m arguing for a bit of time to make a proper assessment. It’s feast of famine in here. 

So signing a player from Kilmarnock like Naismith. Or developing a player like McGregor and both ended up in the EPL is no longer possible??? 

Well if it isn’t we are going to struggle to overcome the rhats. They have that belief and ambition eg Van Dijk, Wanyama - if we don’t (or like you pessimistic) then we are fucked 

btw McCrorie will be in the epl in 5 years - nothing surer 

Guys for what it is worth I think you are both correct but looking st it from different angles. If it is young players from Scotland or abroad we absolutely need to develop players capable of moving on to the epl.  If however he is already playing in England and is already sought after by epl we are unlikely to entice him to the spfl. The trick is to take players like John and get 2 or 3 good years out of him and develop him to epl standard and also make a financial gain.

14 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

It does help if people have actually watched him play before passing judgement. He broke his back just as he was about to break into the reckoning at Man United. His quality was always there but QPR isnt the most natural home for his talents. 

Hopefully he continues in this vein. He may decide a future at Rangers is better than what he sees in West London.

Had a few arguments with people on here who were saying he’s shite before even seeing him play,as I told them don’t judge until you see him play,as you say only a friendly but you can tell the lad has some quality about him

38 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Had a few arguments with people on here who were saying he’s shite before even seeing him play,as I told them don’t judge until you see him play,as you say only a friendly but you can tell the lad has some quality about him

Fantastic deliveries into the right areas from free kicks. The boy has talent without doubt. 

10 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

A midfield of Jack, Dorrans, Murphy and Goss is easily the strongest in the league. 

I'd hang fire on that assessment for a while!

Remember Barton being the best by a country mile when he came and Alves walking it here. 

Looks decent on paper.

4 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'd hang fire on that assessment for a while!

Remember Barton being the best by a country mile when he came and Alves walking it here. 

Looks decent on paper.

Hold my hands up to that. I honestly thought Barton would be a stand out, always knew he was a prick but the boy had talent, shame we never see it. 

Dorrans is different though, he’s a class act than when properly fit will make the difference and he definitely wants to be here 

FFS, can we not just sit back and let the fact that we appear to have a player with an absolute wand of a left foot from a dead ball sink in. 

For how many years have we moaned about the fact we are shit at set piece play, corners not worth a fuck, free kicks into the box hitting the first man or flying long.