Wee Nacho

Essandoh

Novo will be forever under appreciated in Scottish football. It’s a real shame. His first season under McLeish up top with Prso was different class. He scored probably 25 goals or something and then rarely played up top ever again. Walter loved him out wide as did Le Guen, if he was to get a game! Step up Libor Sionko...

All the clubs in Scotland hated him because underneath his attitude they knew he was a great player. He’d have run into the ground for Rangers. Hell, he’d have run into the ground for any club he played at! He loved football so much and it showed every time he took to the pitch.

I remember sitting behind the dugout that horrible Champions League campaign we got horsed off of Sevilla, Stuttgart, and Unirea Urziceni (no laughing at the back!). Against Sevilla we may have been 0-4 down at Ibrox and up popped Nacho with a superb drive from outside the box after powering through the rain and mud in the face of certain defeat. I’ll never forget Kevin Thomson approaching him after that goal, his arm around an obviously gutted Ranger, with pure understanding that Nacho genuinely had No Surrender.

Get well soon, Nacho. I don’t care what anyone says, you absolutely earned your Hall of Fame status. You’re a legend.

34BC9578-D722-43CD-8C43-A8C7431D7AED.jpeg

I really liked him as a player. He wasn't the most gifted but he had the right combination of skill and heart and athleticism that made him a special player for us at the time.

He also immersed himself in the club and the culture and history. Maybe because he realised that this was his one big chance but for whatever reason he became more of a Rangers man than most of the brown brogue wearing cunts.

My only disappointment is that he has latterly associated himself with utter vermin such as the Marshalls but hopefully in the future he will see these sort of people for the poisonous reptiles that they are.

Get back to full fitness wee man and I'd even pay £15 a pint in your new bar ?

12 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Novo will be forever under appreciated in Scottish football. It’s a real shame. His first season under McLeish up top with Prso was different class. He scored probably 25 goals or something and then rarely played up top ever again. Walter loved him out wide as did Le Guen, if he was to get a game! Step up Libor Sionko...

All the clubs in Scotland hated him because underneath his attitude they knew he was a great player. He’d have run into the ground for Rangers. Hell, he’d have run into the ground for any club he played at! He loved football so much and it showed every time he took to the pitch.

I remember sitting behind the dugout that horrible Champions League campaign we got horsed off of Sevilla, Stuttgart, and Unirea Urziceni (no laughing at the back!). Against Sevilla we may have been 0-4 down at Ibrox and up popped Nacho with a superb drive from outside the box after powering through the rain and mud in the face of certain defeat. I’ll never forget Kevin Thomson approaching him after that goal, his arm around an obviously gutted Ranger, with pure understanding that Nacho genuinely had No Surrender.

Get well soon, Nacho. I don’t care what anyone says, you absolutely earned your Hall of Fame status. You’re a legend.

34BC9578-D722-43CD-8C43-A8C7431D7AED.jpeg

Took ages to score his first then when on a scoring spree 

46 minutes ago, gmcf said:

So many important goals for us - Helicopter Sundae , penalty v Fiorentina , coming on the cup final v Falkirk and I'm sure a last minute winner at Ibrox to get us into the Champions League against Red Star . 

Probably my pick of the bunch that he scored (although the wee man had a knack of scoring important goals!) for us. Linked it down below because why not. 

Nacho Novo's impact should not be understated. He scored A LOT of important goals for our club. You look at easter Road(helicopter sunday!!) , Florence, Scottish cup final, the man won us trophys and the big money!! 

People can say he is pandering to the crowd, but any born Catholic that calls the vhermin out for what they are and degrades them as "faux Catholic" is fucking more than alright in my book. He is the definition of cult hero; far from perfect, but so much more than just a jersey. It's important to remember that all the scum teams hate him!! There's a reason for that, he gets under their skin and for that fucking God bless him. No surrender Nacho Novo, fuck the rest cos you're loved by the best.

I remember seeing him outside Hampden at the LCF that big hartson missed the last minute penalty to force extra time. He had a Rangers scarf on and a ticket for behind the goal ?? 

for some reason he grew up a Rangers fan and then lived the dream. 

Thr OP seems to think he has detractors. I’ve never seen it heard any. 

6 hours ago, ayrshireger said:

Probably my pick of the bunch that he scored (although the wee man had a knack of scoring important goals!) for us. Linked it down below because why not. 

one of the best goals ive ever witnessed, absolute peach and his first touch of the ball.

ive never been his biggest fan but he is undoubtedly one of us, a Rangers man, and i wish him a full and speedy recovery so he can get back to watching us and see us win out 55th title

11 hours ago, gmcf said:

So many important goals for us - Helicopter Sundae , penalty v Fiorentina , coming on the cup final v Falkirk and I'm sure a last minute winner at Ibrox to get us into the Champions League against Red Star . 

Late away goal at Panathinaikos, UEFA Cup final season aswell.

Was talking to him for a while recently at a dinner night for him and he’s a cracking guy, told him I was at the paedodome for that goal he chipped over Rab Douglas’ head and how it sparked a massive night. Asked him how it felt...

”Fuckin unbelievable, fucking hate the bastards, love it”

My fiance had to stop me leaning in for a kiss at that moment.

18 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Was talking to him for a while recently at a dinner night for him and he’s a cracking guy, told him I was at the paedodome for that goal he chipped over Rab Douglas’ head and how it sparked a massive night. Asked him how it felt...

”Fuckin unbelievable, fucking hate the bastards, love it”

My fiance had to stop me leaning in for a kiss at that moment.

Was one night a few years back, midweek game at Ibrox in the second division, he was in the WRC after the game, came and sat with us at our table till the pub shut drinking bottles of bud, some great stories just off the cuff and 100% left you in no doubt just how much it meant to him 

Can’t be fucked reading the thread but he’s up and about (but not out hospital) - going to be a long road to recovery, got more surgery booked in when he gets back here. Don’t want to go into too much details but I assumed it wasn’t a big incident - wouldn’t expect it for a guy of his age, fitness etc - now been swayed from that opinion.

• 3 weeks later...