Did We Miss a Trick With Davie Moyes?

KingKennyMiller

He's doing fantastically well with West Ham at the moment.

I know it never worked out at Man Utd, but he was never going to fill the shoes of Sir Alex Ferguson.  No shame in that really.

I have to say I never wanted him based purely on the fact of who he played for. I'm now thinking I was wrong.

I think our Board were of the same opinion and that's why he's not the Manager of Rangers. I'm now thinking they were wrong also.

Given the embarrassing McInnes debacle, and the fact that we're still without a Manager, I just wanted to ask if anyone else thinks we've missed the boat here?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s hard to be less charismatic than Murty but that’s about all Moyes could do better than Murty at us.

See where he is in six months to a years time max when forms out the window and the new manager buzz is away, jobless again.

hes also a wankstain of a human being and i’d be hoping he fell down the marble staircase everyday.

1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

It’s hard to be less charismatic than Murty but that’s about all Moyes could do better than Murty at us.

See where he is in six months to a years time max when forms out the window and the new manager buzz is away, jobless again.

hes also a wankstain of a human being and i’d be hoping he fell down the marble staircase everyday.

Harsh on Murty there, he wont crack jokes like Ally, fight bulls like Pedro but I reckon he comes across eloquently enough.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I think he has proved he can get woefully under firing players at least playing a bit better? Has he not?

Early days right enough.

Just too early for me. Everton fans were similarly effusive about Fat Sam before Xmas but now they are suddenly playing as they did under Koeman and have gone 6 games without a win I believe. If West Ham finish mid table I'll agree he has done a job there but quite frankly they could still go down yet so far too early for me to pass judgement.

Moyes is nothing but a scab. Publicly announced he would be interested in West ham job before Bilic was even sacked. A week later Bilic is sacked and Moyes gets the job. We dodged a bullet. Don't give me the "no one could follow Sir Alex Ferguson" bullshit either. It takes a certain type of character to manage or play for a club that demands wins every week. Moyes doesn't have it in him as a manager.

1 minute ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Moyes is nothing but a scab. Publicly announced he would be interested in West ham job before Bilic was even sacked. A week later Bilic is sacked and Moyes gets the job. We dodged a bullet. Don't give me the "no one could follow Sir Alex Ferguson" bullshit either. It takes a certain type of character to manage or play for a club that demands wins every week. Moyes doesn't have it in him as a manager.

He literally tried to replace Scholes with a 30m Fellaini on the last day instead of Fabregas but somehow cunts think it wasn’t his fault they went to the shitter.

1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

He literally tried to replace Scholes with a 30m Fellaini on the last day instead of Fabregas but somehow cunts think it wasn’t his fault they went to the shitter.

I'm sure he could have had Fellaini for £23m before 31st of July due to some clause in his contract but didnt move until in a panic on deadline day.

28 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

He's doing fantastically well with West Ham at the moment.

I know it never worked out at Man Utd, but he was never going to fill the shoes of Sir Alex Ferguson.  No shame in that really.

I have to say I never wanted him based purely on the fact of who he played for. I'm now thinking I was wrong.

I think our Board were of the same opinion and that's why he's not the Manager of Rangers. I'm now thinking they were wrong also.

Given the embarrassing McInnes debacle, and the fact that we're still without a Manager, I just wanted to ask if anyone else thinks we've missed the boat here?

We aren't still without a manger

22 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Just too early for me. Everton fans were similarly effusive about Fat Sam before Xmas but now they are suddenly playing as they did under Koeman and have gone 6 games without a win I believe. If West Ham finish mid table I'll agree he has done a job there but quite frankly they could still go down yet so far too early for me to pass judgement.

Up until now he has them playing better but, aye?

Too early for me aswell to form a judgement and still too early for the West Ham board, i think he only got until the end of the season? If they were sure they would be getting him signed on a better contract.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Up until now he has them playing better but, aye?

Too early for me aswell to form a judgement and still too early for the West Ham board, i think he only got until the end of the season? If they were sure they would be getting him signed on a better contract.

Yeah, his deal is until June. I suspect that if they do stay up (and I'm confident they will for the reasons you suggest) he will get a 2 year deal. It's a big opportunity for him because there is potential at that club but he will have to be less cautious than he has been before.

3 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Yeah, his deal is until June. I suspect that if they do stay up (and I'm confident they will for the reasons you suggest) he will get a 2 year deal. It's a big opportunity for him because there is potential at that club but he will have to be less cautious than he has been before.

Likewise Murty still has it all to prove aswell, a draw at the piggery is decent aye but the results against utter shite in this league should not go un-noticed.

With a few new players coming in we might kick on, still early days for him aswell.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Likewise Murty still has it all to prove aswell, a draw at the piggery is decent aye but the results against utter shite in this league should not go un-noticed.

With a few new players coming in we might kick on, still early days for him aswell.

:thumbup: To be honest, I think virtually all managers are 5 games away from the sack these days. I honestly don't know why, for example, any manager who cares about his reputation would want the Swansea job. Whoever picks their managers definitely should be fired.