Did We Miss a Trick With Davie Moyes?

KingKennyMiller

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

We are.

Murty's a lovely man, but never a Rangers manager in a million years.

Let him enjoy his 5 minutes in the sun, but, ultimately, he's a youth team coach and nowhere near ready to manage Rangers.

I really don't know if that is correct.

Perhaps he has the capacity to grow into the role.

Called upon to deliver under such demanding circumstances, is it a surprise that he will make misplaced steps as walks the walk?

There is much about the man that I like, there is much about the man that is worthy, and there is perhaps much about him we have yet to see, maybe even positive and strong elements of his own character that he himself is as yet unaware of.

I wasn't that excited about Walter taking over from Souness, and I wasn't alone, however, like the rest I was totally wrong, and how.

Perhaps you are wrong now, I certainly hope that you are.

4 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

He's doing fantastically well with West Ham at the moment.

I know it never worked out at Man Utd, but he was never going to fill the shoes of Sir Alex Ferguson.  No shame in that really.

I have to say I never wanted him based purely on the fact of who he played for. I'm now thinking I was wrong.

I think our Board were of the same opinion and that's why he's not the Manager of Rangers. I'm now thinking they were wrong also.

Given the embarrassing McInnes debacle, and the fact that we're still without a Manager, I just wanted to ask if anyone else thinks we've missed the boat here?

TBH I think you guys could have got the same results with him that you have got with Brenda but for a quarter of the wage. Maybe even better coz 33 goals conceded in CL is a disaster.

43 minutes ago, bilkobear said:

I really don't know if that is correct.

Perhaps he has the capacity to grow into the role.

Called upon to deliver under such demanding circumstances, is it a surprise that he will make misplaced steps as walks the walk?

There is much about the man that I like, there is much about the man that is worthy, and there is perhaps much about him we have yet to see, maybe even positive and strong elements of his own character that he himself is as yet unaware of.

I wasn't that excited about Walter taking over from Souness, and I wasn't alone, however, like the rest I was totally wrong, and how.

Perhaps you are wrong now, I certainly hope that you are.

Thanks Bilko.

But I remember you waxing lyrical about Big Wob on another well known Rangers forum, telling us how he was getting " better and better "  He's no longer with us for a reason - he wasn't good enough. I told you that back then and I'm now telling you the same about GM.

Murty may well be a good youth team coach, but we all know he's only keeping the seat warm until a proper manager capable of managing a club of the magnitude of Rangers arrives.

Them's the facts.

53 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This cunt still here? 

FFS Admin up yer game!

Still here. Why wouldn't I be?

I stood with you and your old man protesting against that bastard Whyte outside Ibrox one night. So don't you fucking dare question my credentials!

And cunts like you and that other fud Fantana should be banned for calling other bears to be banned because you don't happen to share their opinion.

Follow Follow's that way   - - - - - - ->

15 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Thanks Bilko.

But I remember you waxing lyrical about Big Wob on another well known Rangers forum, telling us how he was getting " better and better "  He's no longer with us for a reason - he wasn't good enough. I told you that back then and I'm now telling you the same about GM.

Murty may well be a good youth team coach, but we all know he's only keeping the seat warm until a proper manager capable of managing a club of the magnitude of Rangers arrives.

Them's the facts.

Eh, I don't think I was standing alone waxing about Warburton, in fact in his first season.....who wasn't standing alongside me .....eh you excepted I suppose?

Warburton for a limited period gave us some wonderful experiences.

He truly was worth waxing lyrical about.

Then he became exposed and trapped in his own arrogance, and well....the rest is history.

Murty is a different prospect entirely, he has been shoehorned into the position and in management terms, is most certainly an unknown quantity, eh again....... you excepted I suppose?

Maybe he will surprise us, and I hope he does.

Your certainty that he won't, your unwavering confidence that in this you are right, reminds me of another person already mentioned, but I am sure you are way ahead of me already. :whistle:

6 minutes ago, bilkobear said:

Eh, I don't think I was standing alone waxing about Warburton, in fact in his first season.....who wasn't standing alongside me .....eh you excepted I suppose?

Warburton for a limited period gave us some wonderful experiences.

He truly was worth waxing lyrical about.

Then he became exposed and trapped in his own arrogance, and well....the rest is history.

Murty is a different prospect entirely, he has been shoehorned into the position and in management terms, is most certainly an unknown quantity, eh again....... you excepted I suppose?

Maybe he will surprise us, and I hope he does.

Your certainty that he won't, your unwavering confidence that in this you are right, reminds me of another person already mentioned, but I am sure you are way ahead of me already. :whistle:

Erm..... Big Wob is Rob  Kiernan - not The Loaf. Sober up auld yin.... Lol!

You were telling anyone daft enough to listen that we had a real player on our hands who was growing into the role and getting " better and better "

Of course, the reality was somewhat different - Big Wob was an absolute bombscare.

I like Murty as a guy, but he's not and never will be good enough to be Manager of Rangers. 

If he proves me wrong then no one will be more pleased than me. Sadly, time will prove me correct.

13 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

You were telling anyone daft enough to listen that we had a real player on our hands who was growing into the role and getting " better and better "

Of course, the reality was somewhat different - Big Wob was an absolute bombscare.

I like Murty as a guy, but he's not and never will be good enough to be Manager of Rangers. 

If he proves me wrong then no one will be more pleased than me. Sadly, time will prove me correct.

Tell me, what do you know of Murty's coaching background pre-Rangers?

26 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

To be fair as I have no pwobwem pronouncing my 'r' s, it threw me.

Yes, Big Rob was a letdown.

As a rookie centre back, he was a good footballer for a defender, how was I to know that he was going to be unable to learn pitch geography?

In the end he just didn't improve his positioning and reading of the game.

Rob had the physical attributes, the courage and determination as well as the football skills to make you think, wow a natural centre-half.

However, sadly,  he was like a blind man in the desert when it came to knowing where he was in a defensive situation.

How was I to know Big Wob was incapable of improvement?

Warburton and Weir didn't!

So I will give you that.

I still hope you are wrong about Murty.

He is a good and decent man, and good and decent things should happen to good and decent men.

That is my philosophy. 

Ah... naw! Murty isn't exactly Mr Experience but for all David Moyes experience he hardly fills me with confidence even if he is hitting a good run at present. Watch West Ham crash and burn after a brief positive spell. Moyes may end mid to upper mid table but that's it. Not a winner.

3 minutes ago, bilkobear said:

I still hope you are wrong about Murty.

He is a good and decent man, and good and decent things should happen to good and decent men.

That is my philosophy.

That's lovely. A truly lovely sentiment.

But in the footballing world nice guys like Murty tend to get chewed up and spat out again.

We need a born leader, a Jock Wallace or a Walter Smith type.

Two draws at the piggery and a couple of decent results in the States doesn't change it for me. He's not the man to take us forward. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

But in the footballing world nice guys like Murty tend to get chewed up and spat out again.

Two draws at the piggery and a couple of decent results in the States doesn't change it for me. He's not the man to take us forward. Sorry.

Would second place and a victory against celtic change your mind?

12 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Murty has the rest of the season.

So it will be an exercise in suck it and see for us. 

So far he has had a successful break and a good transfer window. If he gets Docherty and another striker over the line, and perhaps moves on some deadwood, then things will be interesting.

I remain hopeful.

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Would second place and a victory against celtic change your mind?

'Twould be harsh in the extreme not to offer him the job under those circumstances. I mean, even the Ugly Sisters got a crack at the slipper.

I've been impressed by the way we've gone about our transfer business of late, though not entirely sure if that's down to him or Allen?

Would I change my mind? The answer has to be yes.

Sadly, I don't think we'll beat celtic this season, and I don't think we'll finish second with Murty in charge.