Did We Miss a Trick With Davie Moyes?

KingKennyMiller

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Moyes but the one we really did miss was Gary Rowett, can't belive our board interviewed him before choosing Pedro! I look at the job he did with Birmingham and now what he's doing at Derby and can't help but wonder where we would be now if our board had got him rather than picking the cheapest option available...

42 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

'Twould be harsh in the extreme not to offer him the job under those circumstances. I mean, even the Ugly Sisters got a crack at the slipper.

I've been impressed by the way we've gone about our transfer business of late, though not entirely sure if that's down to him or Allen?

Would I change my mind? The answer has to be yes.

Sadly, I don't think we'll beat celtic this season, and I don't think we'll finish second with Murty in charge.

Fair enough, his 2 draws at the piggery, as well as 2 victories home and away against the sheep and a victory at Easter road with as poor a Rangers team as I've seen in the top division justified giving him more time in the job IMO.

For me Moyes has bags of experience and though he did a decent job at Everton, his record in the mersyside derby was woeful and his management record since leaving Everton isn't much better.

6 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Never really liked the cunt, and always thought of him as a tarriers bastard. comes from a good Protestant family though 

Remember his father was a scout for years at Ibrox and has my total respect and that's why I hope David junior does well down south.

890+ games in charge over 6 Clubs. Honours 2, one of which 2nd Division the other Charity Shield with Man U.

Has made a spectacularly good living at being a steady eddy. Not suited at all to us but good luck to him.

More excited to see what Murty and Nicholl will bring this year.   

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:48, KingKennyMiller said:

We are.

Murty's a lovely man, but never a Rangers manager in a million years.

Let him enjoy his 5 minutes in the sun, but, ultimately, he's a youth team coach and nowhere near ready to manage Rangers.

Everyone will have an opinion of him regarding his ability to be our manager, but it doesn't change the fact he is currently the Manager of the Rangers first team. 

• 1 month later...
On 14/01/2018 at 12:49, Gazzalivesforever said:

Moyes is nothing but a scab. Publicly announced he would be interested in West ham job before Bilic was even sacked. A week later Bilic is sacked and Moyes gets the job. We dodged a bullet. Don't give me the "no one could follow Sir Alex Ferguson" bullshit either. It takes a certain type of character to manage or play for a club that demands wins every week. Moyes doesn't have it in him as a manager.

I still stand by what i said.