Gazza1212

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

Fair comment.

People tend to forget though Rangers are in dispute with them for a reason.Ā 

It's been going on for a long long time now and I'd argue the reason relationships are not what they might be is because the people employed there are simply incapable of being impartial. As Ive already mentioned the fact they are the national broadcaster that alone is nothing short of disgraceful.Ā 

Gazza, Agreed, I wasn't belittling the reason we are in dispute, just pointing out that as a result we can expect tainted reporting, as we can't put our perspective over to them on stories.Ā 

3 hours ago, Brubear said:

Gazza, Agreed, I wasn't belittling the reason we are in dispute, just pointing out that as a result we can expect tainted reporting, as we can't put our perspective over to them on stories.Ā 

I get what you are saying mate, I understand your point and agree entirely.

40 minutes ago, gogzy said:

they are cunts.Ā  one of them tried to sign up to here today.Ā  No thanks, get tae fuck.

That does not surprise me

Reading this place sometimes .You would think the place is crawling with them.Ā 

Good threads started by good bears,Ā andĀ with the need for the usual suspects,Ā to bitvh about Ā somethingĀ 

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You been in Switzerland ?

many times but TBH never seen Berne play, still think he'd score for fun.

Great country but expensive as fuk, prefer Deutschland, then again I never saw Berne play there eitherĀ  Ā Ā :whistle:

Oh and I hate toblerones, chocolate triangles are taigy.

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

many times but TBH never seen Berne play, still think he'd score for fun.

Great country but expensive as fuk, prefer Deutschland, then again I never saw Berne play there eitherĀ  Ā Ā :whistle:

Oh and I hate toblerones, chocolate triangles are taigy.

Get to bed ?

Toblerones are just filling pullersĀ 

Secretly owned by Dentists ?

On 1/15/2018 at 19:43, rossDas said:

Worth pointing out that you don't have toĀ unless you want to legally watch live broadcasts or iplayer, but it's still ridiculous. Thankfully it's legal to watch Netflix, etc and DVDs without a licence so people have plenty of incentive not to pay.Ā 

I have a house full of televisions I don't see why I should have to take them all to the tip if I don't want to watch them any moreĀ 

6 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I have a house full of televisions I don't see why I should have to take them all to the tip if I don't want to watch them any moreĀ 

You wouldn't have to get rid of the equipment as merely owning a TV doesn't require a licence in the UK, it's just watching/recording live broadcasts and using iplayer that does, for the moment at least. To be on the safe side though, it's recommended to detune the set and disconnect any aerials,Ā etc.Ā 

10 minutes ago, rossDas said:

You wouldn't have to get rid of the equipment as merely owning a TV doesn't require a licence in the UK, it's just watching/recording live broadcasts and using iplayer that does, for the moment at least. To be on the safe side though, it's recommended to detune the set and disconnect any aerials,Ā etc.Ā 

I'm not sure that's true it's a receivers licence ... if you didn't want to pay you would just have to say I never watch itĀ 

3 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I'm not sure that's true it's a receivers licence ... if you didn't want to pay you would just have to say I never watch itĀ 

TheĀ relevant info is all on the TVL website, and I double-checked with citizen's advice before going licence-free, plus TVL didn't dispute me when I called to cancel the licence and told them why I don't need one.

You're right that it's a problem for them: they have to treat every unlicenced household as a potential licence-evader, so they send out a series of increasingly ominous letters in the hope of spooking people into paying; I expect I'll receive the first of many in a few month's time. Then there'sĀ theirĀ door-knocking squad.Ā Ā 

On 1/17/2018 at 16:24, rossDas said:

TheĀ relevant info is all on the TVL website, and I double-checked with citizen's advice before going licence-free, plus TVL didn't dispute me when I called to cancel the licence and told them why I don't need one.

You're right that it's a problem for them: they have to treat every unlicenced household as a potential licence-evader, so they send out a series of increasingly ominous letters in the hope of spooking people into paying; I expect I'll receive the first of many in a few month's time. Then there'sĀ theirĀ door-knocking squad.Ā Ā 

So even if you have a setĀ in the house capable of receiving live TV pictures you don't need a licence?Ā 

13 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

So even if you have a setĀ in the house capable of receiving live TV pictures you don't need a licence?Ā 

From a legal standpoint yes, however they cannot know one way or another unless you discolse it. This is where it gets tricky. You can send them a letter informing them that you have no access to live TV and that you remove their implied right of access to your property and that you do not wish to recieve further correspondence from them. What happened when I did it was that I wrote them and phoned them but I also warned them that any more of my time I spend dealing with their letters/visits/calls they would be billed for. Got one letter back informing me I was taken of their "list" for 2 years and they would, as a courtesy, check back with me after that period to make sure I didn't need one by then.

9 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

From a legal standpoint yes, however they cannot know one way or another unless you discolse it. This is where it gets tricky. You can send them a letter informing them that you have no access to live TV and that you remove their implied right of access to your property and that you do not wish to recieve further correspondence from them. What happened when I did it was that I wrote them and phoned them but I also warned them that any more of my time I spend dealing with their letters/visits/calls they would be billed for. Got one letter back informing me I was taken of their "list" for 2 years and they would, as a courtesy, check back with me after that period to make sure I didn't need one by then.

Iā€™ve not paid in about ten years, also had a cunt at my door after peering through my window and actually thought he was the gas man. Whilebtanding under my sat dish told me heā€™d get the van up, said something like, bottle of irn bru and a mix up then shut the door on himĀ ?? umpteenĀ letters all blanked. The van thing is a complete farce. Fuck them, the technology is there to scramble the signal like sky but they donā€™t give us an option so itā€™s blanked out of principle for me.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Iā€™ve not paid in about ten years, also had a cunt at my door after peering through my window and actually thought he was the gas man. Whilebtanding under my sat dish told me heā€™d get the van up, said something like, bottle of irn bru and a mix up then shut the door on himĀ ?? umpteenĀ letters all blanked. The van thing is a complete farce. Fuck them, the technology is there to scramble the signal like sky but they donā€™t give us an option so itā€™s blanked out of principle for me.

The van's a load of bollocks mate. It can detect signals but it cannot pinpoint who's recieving them just by pointing their machine at any building. Its akin to living in a close that is howling of weed and the cops just pick a random door and tell the tennant they know its defo coming from them :lol:

38 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The van's a load of bollocks mate. It can detect signals but it cannot pinpoint who's recieving them just by pointing their machine at any building. Its akin to living in a close that is howling of weed and the cops just pick a random door and tell the tennant they know its defo coming from them :lol:

Quite common for people to walk past in the street smoking a joint nowadays