Our Attacking Options

BlueSuedeSambas

Once the Cummings deal is confirmed I think we are going to be quite dangerous and unpredictable (in a good sense of the word) going forward.

With Morelos, Windass, Cummings, Murphy & Candeias at the club there’s a really good mix of options there both in terms of the style of player there and the way they lend themselves to different formations.

I’d question the decision to go after Jones (i’d rather have a big man to come off the bench and mix it up - Herrera doesn’t count) but if we add him into the mix too it’s another option.

I think we have the potential to be a really entertaining side in the second half of the season.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Once the Cummings deal is confirmed I think we are going to be quite dangerous and unpredictable (in a good sense of the word) going forward.

With Morelos, Windass, Cummings, Murphy & Candeias at the club there’s a really good mix of options there both in terms of the style of player there and the way they lend themselves to different formations.

I’d question the decision to go after Jones (i’d rather have a big man to come off the bench and mix it up - Herrera doesn’t count) but if we add him into the mix too it’s another option.

I think we have the potential to be a really entertaining side in the second half of the season.

Hopefully sign Cousin before we go into Admin

Really not sure what formation were likely to play now. 

I’d like to play Cummings and Morelos but that means leaving one of Murphy Windass, Candeias Dorrans out. 

A diamond you have 

McCrorie

Candeias     Murphy

Windass/Dorrans

4-4-2 

Windass(out of position)/ Candeias Jack Dorrans or McCrorie and Murphy. 

4-2-3-1

McCrorie Jack

Windass Dorrans Murphy

Cummings or Morelos. 

Really hard decision for Murty to make. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Two up front is an absolute must now, if we're going to bring Cummings up here to just rotate him off the bench for Morelos it'll be a total waste. 

This ??

Really feel we’ll see the best of Morelos if he has someone capable beside him. I also feel if we pose more of a threat going forward, we take the pressure of our still vulnerable defence. The old “we’re gonna score one more than you” approach, if you like. 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Excited at the prospect of signing the wee gayboy. 

In regards to Herrera I wish we'd kept Garner instead of getting him. At least Garner threw himself about a bit 

Agreed.

Teams coming up against Garner and Morelos this year would have been shitting it by now.

Especially since our attacking style has been lightweight and poofy and tippytappy for a few seasons

1 minute ago, JR said:

This ??

Really feel we’ll see the best of Morelos if he someone capable beside him. I also feel if we pose more of a threat going forward, we take the pressure of our still vulnerable defence. The old “we’re gonna score one more than you approach,” if you like. 

We've been asking a 21 year old boy to do the job of two players all season and he's done it remarkably well. 

He'll be a far better player with a partner up front. 

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Really not sure what formation were likely to play now. 

I’d like to play Cummings and Morelos but that means leaving one of Murphy Windass, Candeias Dorrans out. 

A diamond you have 

McCrorie

Candeias     Murphy

Windass/Dorrans

4-4-2 

Windass(out of position)/ Candeias Jack Dorrans or McCrorie and Murphy. 

4-2-3-1

McCrorie Jack

Windass Dorrans Murphy

Cummings or Morelos. 

Really hard decision for Murty to make. 

Stop putting Dorrans in your team. He is at least 8 weeks away.

43 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Two up front is an absolute must now, if we're going to bring Cummings up here to just rotate him off the bench for Morelos it'll be a total waste. 

Iv constantly been crying out for 2 up front since Ally's days of 4 5 1, Warburtons days of 4 3 3 (which was a glorified 4 5 1 because we lost possession up front so often) and Pedros last few months. Pedro started with 2 up front for a few games in August / Sept... and it kinda worked.

But with Cummings in... Morelos, Windass, every game should be 2 up front with those 3 rotating. (I am sure there are others that I am missing... but 2 is a must).

I think we are quite handy in the forward areas but still think a creative midfielder would be helpful........one who can run with the ball.

For the season not going as we all really hopes for I have to say I'm quite satisfied with how the playing squad is. The thing I like the most is proper dyed in the wool Rangers men throughout that team.

Wilson at the back, Wallace as well. In the midfield we have McCrorrie, Halliday and Dorrans and now we also have Murphy. Makes a huge difference having blue noses, proper fans in that team.........will always give that extra push especially against that shower.

Wes

McCrorie    Alves   Wilson

Tav          Goss      Dorrans      Murphy

Windass       

Cummings    Morelos

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Wes

McCrorie    Alves   Wilson

Tav          Goss      Dorrans      Murphy

Windass       

Cummings    Morelos

I'd move Wilson into the middle and have Dave on the left.

Alves is gash

44 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

I fail to see the dilemma......:huh:

I have utterly despised Windass and have more than likely gave him some ridiculously harsh criticism, but he has been one of our standout players since Murty took charge. He's a dangerous option up top and his goals show that. It seems like he's finally finding his feet.

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Deffo ? There has been plenty of times this season Morelos has been upfront himself with no one to help him, 2 up front would be really good to see.

We have options... which we lacked a lot of just a few weeks (days?) ago.  We're also not counting MOH who I think still has something to give to us and with so many options he might become useful at last.

The bench vs. THEM in September was this:-

Dalcio, Miller, Herrera, Holt, Alnwick, Nemane, Wilson.  That to me is a very poor and weak subs bench to have for such a big game.  Looking ahead to March we are looking at this as a possible bench:-

Miller, Wallace, Dorrans, Russell, Cummings, Bates, Alnwick.  We have players I'd consider starters who I didn't even include there and would likely not even be in our starting 11 too.   Really optimistic at the moment.

No idea what we're going to play. 

You'd like to see Cummings and Morelos upfront together and I reckon we'll utilise that in home games, or against weaker so called sides, but 4-2-3-1 will probably be how we go onwards against them, Aberdeen, Hibs etc. 

It's great to know we've got options, not even going forward but even in midfield and defence too. 

Things are starting finally, finally to go in the right direction for us.