4-4-2

jjbscotty12

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d be going 4-3-3. I know it’s a tainted formation on here after Warburton’s failed attempt with it, but we’ve got better players now. Player that can make it work. 

A front 3 of Murphy, Morelos, Cummings would be a nightmare for teams, the smellies included. They’re all hard workers, not afraid of dropping deep to get the ball, but more importantly they’ve all got goals in them. 

I’d go for a midfield 3 of Dorrans, McCrorie, Jack. McCrorie holding, breaking up play and using his excellent distribution to start attacks. Dorrans and Jack either side of him getting up and down the park, feeding the front 3. 

Defence should be, Wallace, Wilson, Martin, Tav. In games we’re on top and seeing a lot of the ball, the full backs can push high up the park and McCrorie can drop to make it a back 3. 

Just now, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

I’d be going 4-3-3. I know it’s a tainted formation around after Warburton’s failed attempt with it, but we’ve got better players now. Player that can make it work. 

A front 3 of Murphy, Morelos, Cummings would be a nightmare for teams, the smellies included. They’re all hard workers, not afraid of dropping deep to get the ball, but more importantly they’ve all got goals in them. 

I’d go for a midfield 3 of Dorrans, McCrorie, Jack. McCrorie holding, breaking up play and using his excellent distribution to start attacks. Dorrans and Jack either side of him getting up and down the park, feeding the front 3. 

Defence should be, Wallace, Wilson, Martin, Tav. In games we’re on top and seeing a lot of the ball, the full backs can push high up the park and McCrorie can drop to make it a back 3. 

I hate the 4 3 3. Still do.

BUT if we have Morelos Cummings and Murphy not afraid to shoot from 18, 20, 25 yards... instead of trying to walk it in... then it could work out really well.

As long as it doesnt refer to Cummings playing the Kenny Miller role and being a Central Midfield Defender and Morelos running about like a headless chicken up front

2 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

I’d be going 4-3-3. I know it’s a tainted formation on here after Warburton’s failed attempt with it, but we’ve got better players now. Player that can make it work. 

I agree that 4-3-3 is tainted post-Warburton but I don't agree in using the Warburton way with having 2 good strikers on the pitch and basically sticking one on the wing, that's why it never really clicked for Cummings at Forrest. 

Also don't agree with either Jack or Dorrans being guaranteed starters, imo neither of them have done enough to have guaranteed spots in our starting 11. 

15 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Windass can't be dropped on recent form

Yes he could imo, unless you mean the friendlies?

Done nothing really against celtic, was suspended against Motherwell and was poor in both the defeats to Killie and St Johnstone.

With Cummings joining i can see his time limited on the pitch and i reckon Murphy is a much better option on the left.

5 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I hate the 4 3 3. Still do.

BUT if we have Morelos Cummings and Murphy not afraid to shoot from 18, 20, 25 yards... instead of trying to walk it in... then it could work out really well.

As long as it doesnt refer to Cummings playing the Kenny Miller role and being a Central Midfield Defender and Morelos running about like a headless chicken up front

It never worked under Warburton because McKay went missing other than the odd game, and Waghorn and Garner were such poor finishers that they wasted almost all of the few chances we created. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I agree that 4-3-3 is tainted post-Warburton but I don't agree in using the Warburton way with having 2 good strikers on the pitch and basically sticking one on the wing, that's why it never really clicked for Cummings at Forrest. 

Also don't agree with either Jack or Dorrans being guaranteed starters, imo neither of them have done enough to have guaranteed spots in our starting 11. 

A front 3 doesn’t have to mean 2 wide players. I’d have them play quite narrow, close to each other. Especially Morelos and Cummings. 

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

It’s never worked under Warburton because McKay went missing other than the odd game, and Waghorn and Garner were such poor finishers that they wasted almost all of the few chances we created. 

Yes... good point because my worry WAS Morelos seemed to miss more than he scored too. 

However WAS is the main word because Morelos Cummings and A.N.Other would not miss if the ball is played into the area.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes he could imo, unless you mean the friendlies?

Done nothing really against celtic, was suspended against Motherwell and was poor in both the defeats to Killie and St Johnstone.

With Cummings joining i can see his time limited on the pitch and i reckon Murphy is a much better option on the left.

That's a pretty selective memory. He ran into the ground against celtic and was never going to be able to get on the ball with their system. Since Caixinha was sacked, he's scored against Dundee, played well against Aberdeen at home, scored against Aberdeen away, scored away to Hibs after bossing the game, and impressed in the winter break.

I am the first to criticise Windass and the first to vilify him when the tools are down. But you can't honestly tell me you don't think he's been playing well up top as opposed to being shoved on the left wing. Respect your opinion though.

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

A front 3 doesn’t have to mean 2 wide players. I’d have them play quite narrow, close to each other. Especially Morelos and Cummings. 

Fuckin hell.

As soon as I post something... someone else comes up with another great point.

Under Warburtons 4 3 3, you are right about the wide players. 4 (wide RB and LB), 3 (narrow Mid), 3 (wide LF and RF)...

The wing backs overlapped with the wide attackers and it didnt always work (IMO).

However... if we have Tav and John bombing up the wings... and our 3 forwards narrow and glued to the box... then the goals will fly in.

Although I would still prefer a 4 4 2 or 3 5 2... but your point is valid.

Some great options but i still feel we are light in the attacking third. Murphy, Morelos and Cummings are decent options but lack top level experience to win titles and trophies. Candeias, Miller, Windass, Kranjcar, Hardie and Herrera are just awful options as back ups. If we could get rid of 4 or 5 of those and replace with another 2 crackers i would be over the moon. Naismith one. 

9 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

That's a pretty selective memory. He ran into the ground against celtic and was never going to be able to get on the ball with their system. Since Caixinha was sacked, he's scored against Dundee, played well against Aberdeen at home, scored against Aberdeen away, scored away to Hibs after bossing the game, and impressed in the winter break.

I am the first to criticise Windass and the first to vilify him when the tools are down. But you can't honestly tell me you don't think he's been playing well up top as opposed to being shoved on the left wing. Respect your opinion though.

He played well the Aberdeen games but apart from his goal against Hibs i thought him and the whole team were rotten. He should have got on the ball more v celtic, wee Morelos managed to see plenty of it, and i think he should have shot early on instead of passing.

He has played slightly better through the middle, wouldn't be hard as he is an empty jersey out wide, but i really don't think he has been great and the way he hid at Kilmarnock isn't good enough.

I think Cummings and Morelos will instantly be a better option than having Windass up top, he could be useful off the bench though, or even better still he could up his game and make it impossible for Murty to drop him.

No idea how we'll line up.  

Capture.thumb.PNG.746325ab2b1b28145589f5a42c82ee4f.PNG

If McCrorie is injured then put Jack in his place.  Dorrans is injured at the moment but I'm assuming he'll replace Goss when fit.  Windass is on form but someone needs to be left out. 

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Some great options but i still feel we are light in the attacking third. Murphy, Morelos and Cummings are decent options but lack top level experience to win titles and trophies. Candeias, Miller, Windass, Kranjcar, Hardie and Herrera are just awful options as back ups. If we could get rid of those 5 and replace with another 2 crackers i would be over the moon. Naismith one. 

Candeias isn't awful.

And you'd be over the moon with the guy who sat and told us he was an "ambitious footballer" and our club no longer existed? 

You're a brainless cunt. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Candeias isn't awful.

And you'd be over the moon with the guy who sat and told us he was an "ambitious footballer" and our club no longer existed? 

You're a brainless cunt. 

Candeias is pish. Utter pish. 

Naismith would comfortably be our very best player. To knock back such a player because you've got a wee chip on your shoulder sums you up. 

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

Candeias is pish. Utter pish. 

Naismith would comfortably be our very best player. To knock back such a player because you've got a wee chip on your shoulder sums you up. 

Hahahaha!!!!!