A bit of realism

ElBufalo20

Yeah the signings are exciting to an extent but are all loans. Cummings who hasn't even played in the premiership here.

Dont want to get away the feel good factor but just looking for a bit of realism. 3 guys signed 2 from the lower leagues in England who haven't kicked a ball and another who hasn't in the EPL.

I hope I'm proved wrong but it's performances on the park that count and we had all this optimism in the summer too without seeing anyone perform.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Point taken. But its win/win

If they do well we have the option to buy. If they flop ( re your reservations) we hand them back

Whats not to like?

I just feel well in particular that Cummings is being built up as some messiah for some strange reason.

The guy can't get a game for a team 15th in the championship and only scored goals in the second tier here. So yeah a loan is good but too much expected of him already.

7 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yeah the signings are exciting to an extent but are all loans. Cummings who hasn't even played in the premiership here.

Dont want to get away the feel good factor but just looking for a bit of realism. 3 guys signed 2 from the lower leagues in England who haven't kicked a ball and another who hasn't in the EPL.

I hope I'm proved wrong but it's performances on the park that count and we had all this optimism in the summer too without seeing anyone perform.

Aye he has

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to get excited at the direction the club seems to be heading.

I think just some are relieved to be going for players who have shown potential and know what Rangers are about.

Murphy and Goss I thought played well so it’s a positive start. Cummings, as we all know, can be deadly. He may have scored all his goals in the championship but there is real potential and has done it against Prem opposition teams. Tav and Foderingham were also decent in the championship and they have managed to make the step up so why can’t the Cumdog ?

If I’m being honest, I think he will be better than Morelos, and that is some praise.

As ever, time will tell

Just now, broomloanjamie said:

Not much if a difference when it's 10 behind the ball against us. He's a player to get exited about playing for us I think. 

Hopefully but I just see him as a poor mans Waghorn. Look at what he did in the championship then was completely out of his depth when we got promoted.

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'll bring myself back down to earth when the football starts back up again. 

Bit premature, imo.

Waiting until we're 1-0 down in the 80th minute on Sunday and the "but we beat Brazil" mode is in full effect...

1 hour ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I just feel well in particular that Cummings is being built up as some messiah for some strange reason.

The guy can't get a game for a team 15th in the championship and only scored goals in the second tier here. So yeah a loan is good but too much expected of him already.

He will do the damage for us no probs

Realism is signing someone like cummings on loan and the fans being pleased with it. That's the type of signing we should have been striving towards for years. Aye eventually we'll be looking for better than him, but for now he's a great signing for us. 

A lack of realism was how we ended up in the situation where we gambled millions of pounds on a ridiculous experiment in Caixinha. A gamble that by any measure was highly unlikely to pay off, and indeed ended nearly immediately in disaster.