Best window since Walter returned?

KingKirk

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was pretty positive about Pena, Herrera, Dorrans and Alves. All international players and all with fees paid. Then there was also Cardoso, a player apparently highly rated in his homeland. Forgot about Morelos too.

So what I'm saying is let's wait and see.

We said this when Warburton came  ... and similar when Pedro came... with fresh signings from England low leagues, and abroad respectively.

Although the key difference for me, and excitement, is that 2 of the 3 we have (Murphy and Cummings) I actually know how they play, and what they can do, without resorting to youtube videos or whatever.

I wouldn’t get carried away let’s just see how they do eh people thought Barton and Kranjcar was a great window (myself included) - Cummings and Murphy should and probably will do well but we’ee going mental with joy and if we aren’t amazing against Fraserburgh we’ll be mental with rage saying same old mistakes in transfer window 

I need some more convincing especially if we sign the West Brom lad, Jones and Docherty personally 

Bit of perspective, could very well imagine that, whilst most would have been delighted with Sir Walter's return, I am not sure the signings of Weir, Ehiogu & Thomson (think those were his first captures?) really would have inspired the fanbase? I think the narrative of how successful a transfer window is or is not, is best written postscript!

I am cautiously optimistic, however, especially having signed players to strengthen two glaring weaknesses, being that of an additional winger and a striker to share the load with Morelos.

19 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I believe we need to go that far back to find a transfer window that's been as promising as this one. Gives me a real belief going into the second half of the season

Fairs fair, we managed to find a team (who are beyond shite) and get some of their rejects on loan.

37 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I thought the summer was a good window before a ball was kicked. 

so did most of us 

only morelos and candias have been good .Jack would have been good but refs love to red card him 

even preseason we were raving about some of the new guys but they have not produced enough 

25 minutes ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

Bit of perspective, could very well imagine that, whilst most would have been delighted with Sir Walter's return, I am not sure the signings of Weir, Ehiogu & Thomson (think those were his first captures?) really would have inspired the fanbase? I think the narrative of how successful a transfer window is or is not, is best written postscript!

I am cautiously optimistic, however, especially having signed players to strengthen two glaring weaknesses, being that of an additional winger and a striker to share the load with Morelos.

so true .last summer we thought alves was going to trample over everybody 

cardoso looked decent preseason 

Pena came with great excitement and promise 

we know what happened there 

it has been Mcrorie and to an extent declan john who have been the better of the new additions to the squad and very few would have predicted this 

31 minutes ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

32 minutes ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

agreed but we desperately need a left full back. Wallace is now an unknown quantity & John is a much better winger than defender.

Some folk only want to judge in hindsight however it IS in my opinion a good window and will hopefully get better. 

Murphy and Cummings I'm delighted with. Goss I know nothing about still but read positive reviews. Happy Pena and Nemane moved on.

If any/all of the 3 we're linked with come in then better still. There's about 8 I'd be pleased to see moved on too so fingers crossed.

If the new signings don't work out then we can discuss the merits of it. But surely we should have an opinion now on whether we believe them to be good or not. Every signing by every club is a gamble, do folk think our gambles are the right ones.

If folk don't give opinions now then it's a bit rich when they mouth off down the line saying they always thought it was a great signing or knew he'd be shit etc.

We've signed four players on loan, none of whom got a regular start with there parent clubs, I hope they now all have something to prove and it works well for the players themselves and us, time will tell but to be honest I have a good feeling about most of them hitting the ground running. 

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

We've signed four players on loan, none of whom got a regular start with there parent clubs, I hope they now all have something to prove and it works well for them and us, time will tell but to be honest I have a good feeling about most of them hitting the ground running. 

:headscratch:

1 minute ago, the old guard said:

We've signed four players on loan, none of whom got a regular start with there parent clubs, I hope they now all have something to prove and it works well for them and us, time will tell but to be honest I have a good feeling about most of them hitting the ground running. 

:headscratch:

All these loans are a win win scenario for us , and its not because of any great business sense from this board either. They are fooling nobody , they are skint and need the next batch of season ticket sales.

To many times in the past we sign players on four year deals and they turn out to be fuckin donkeys and end up draining the club , this way if any of this mob go the same way we just end any interest in them , hopefully we get the odd gem this time.