Best window since Walter returned?

KingKirk

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

With the decided fee option he could take them, or not. Basically this arrangement is  favorable to us in every way.

I think Murphy we must take him Just with how its worded guaranteed fee or something along those lines IIRC

Put it this way if both come in and star for us and we didn't have some deal in place fans would go mad 

like you its win win 

49 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Didn't actually think we would be this busy during the window due to Murty's uncertain position.

Aberdeen in a week's time will be a good test.

So, how many of Pedro's signings look doomed to go?

Priorities for me would be Herrera, Dalcio & Hodson, get rid of the other shite in the summer...?

4 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

We've had so so many false dawns that I find it impossible to get too excited till we see the players constantly perform.

They do look like decent signings though, cautiously hopeful.

Exactly.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

For good players tho to get Murphy and cumming for under 2 million is fantastic bossiness 

Yes, im delighted. And for that amount. All I'm saying us there's different ways of looking at the pros and cons of how it's been structured.

7 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Do you think our team and new players will be a significant enough improvement to panic the peados into splashing some cash this window ?

They’ve been a bit quite which leads me to think they’re going bring a players in from left field at a heavy price but hopefully they bring in no one. I don’t think this title is beyond us if we get some consistency and the other teams take it to them rather than what’s been happening which is teams thinking they were beat before a ball was kicked.

Agreed they've been quiet, they'll have some bheggar in the wings waiting to unveil, whoever they sign it'll probably be enough to keep them in front, this title wouldn't have been beyond us if some of the various incumbents of hierarchy and management in the last 5/6 years had Rangers as their concern as opposed to themselves. Consistency is sometimes confused with quality and our quality has been in short supply over the past few years, whether the new additions add that quality only time will tell and yes you are right if some other teams had a right go at the mhanks then I'm sure their run would've ended a while ago, but that's down to not only teams being beat before a ball was kicked but some of the bhastards in these teams not trying a leg against them ! Here endeth the lesson!

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Which ties up a fair chunk of a potentially new manager's summer budget. Pros and cons. 

IMHO, there will be no new manager, as I think we are witnessing the beginnings of a long term project come what may. I am pleased with Murty's signings, particularly Murphy and Cummings. I can see Murty succeeding in getting second, plus getting to the cup final and turning over the scum at Ibrox. Maybe optimistic, but we now have half decent players chasing for a start. Apart from the two shockers thus far, I can see Murty going from strength to strength with what he has now got and with a very able assistant in Jimmy Nic. He really has little excuse for not securing second spot and I'm pretty confident he will do it and I then can't see this board changing him out.

The scum are showing signs of weakness and if more teams just had a go at them, because they nothing to lose in reality, then who knows. A bit of wishful thinking, but anything is possible.

We just need the consistency and stop dropping stupid points against those we should be demolishing. From all the soundings thus far, they all appear well up for it and with much healthier competition for places, it can only add to the recipe for success.

No offence to the OP but for a start we've had too many false dawn's in recent years, none of the signings have played competitively for us yet, we've been inconsistent as fuck and the players need to hit the ground running....

The only way to answer this question will be at the end of the season. Hopefully we do kick on and the likes of Murphy and Cummings join us permanently after we have some success. 

I'm optimistic but it's far too early to answer that.

6 hours ago, johanhentze said:

He could also decide that he doesnt want them... win-win in my opinion.

Can we? Can we walk away and no deal? Can we take our time throughout the summer til a new manager starts? Or are we committed to it? What exactly are the terms of each of the loans......?