Best window since Walter returned?

KingKirk

39 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

IMHO, there will be no new manager, as I think we are witnessing the beginnings of of a long term project come what may. I am pleased with Murty's signings, particularly Murphy and Cummngs. I can see Murty succeeding in getting second, plus getting to the cup final and turning over the scum at Ibrox. Maybe optimistic, but we now have half decent players chasing for a start. Apart from the two shockers thus far, I can see Murty going from strength to strength with what he has now got and with a very able assistant in Jimmy Nic. He really has little ecuse fot not securing second spot and I'm pretty confident he will do it and I then can't see this board changing him out.

The scum are showing signs of weakness and if more teams just had a go at them, because they nothing to lose in reality, then who knows. A bit of wishful thinking, but anything is possible.

We just need the consistency and stop dropping stupid points against those we should be demolishing. From all the soundings thus far, they all appear well up for it and with much healthier competition for places, it can only add to the recipe for success.

My thoughts aren't too far from yours.

I reckon he is getting backing in the form of Walter, JN and new signings to give him every chance of making the job his.

If results are great and he deserves the gig then brilliant. If results are poor then it's his team and he should not get it. Results between now and summer need to be the critical factor.

But regardless if it's him or someone else, we're already spending / commiting now ST money which will impact on limiting any manager's transfer opportunities in the summer. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

My thoughts aren't too far from yours.

I reckon he is getting backing in the form of Walter, JN and new signings to give him every chance of making the job his.

If results are great and he deserves the gig then brilliant. If results are poor then it's his team and he should not get it. Results between now and summer need to be the critical factor.

But regardless if it's him or someone else, we're already spending / commiting now ST money which will impact on limiting any manager's transfer opportunities in the summer. 

BTW, we've still to pony up for Pedro's signings on the never if reports are to believed. We seiously need to get a return on the Pena loan deal and offload the other high wage earners who aren't doing it ie. Alves, where I think we now have decent cover.

I think the second half of the season will demonstrate that the squad is now improved, but we just need to get the economics right and next season could be the one that truly gets us back.

Hi guys I'm new so this is my first post.

We really need to wait until we have seen the new signings in competitive matches,doing this amount of business in a January transfer window is just indicitive of the dross Pedro brought with him in the summer.

A rebuild mid-season should only ever be done as a last resort, pre window opening I did not envisage us being as active as we have been. As a few have said we need to shed some dead wood asap to free up money to allow us to recruit our other targets.

Whether this has been a good window or not will only become known as the season progresses, imo the window has been eventful and has shown the benefit of employing a DoF, let's hope our new signings hit the ground running and we see a marked improvement between now and May.

3 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

We really need to wait until we have seen the new signings in competitive matches,doing this amount of business in a January transfer window is just indicitive of the dross Pedro brought with him in the summer.

A rebuild mid-season should only ever be done as a last resort, pre window opening I did not envisage us being as active as we have been. As a few have said we need to shed some dead wood asap to free up money to allow us to recruit our other targets.

Whether this has been a good window or not will only become known as the season progresses, imo the window has been eventful and has shown the benefit of employing a DoF, let's hope our new signings hit the ground running and we see a marked improvement between now and May.

HeyTT.  Welcome.

Yes we have to wait to find out if they're successful but the manager and DoF don't have that luxury. Do you believe here and now they are good signings or not? Why?

Decent post btw, where have you been online before now?

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

HeyTT.  Welcome.

Yes we have to wait to find out if they're successful but the manager and DoF don't have that luxury. Do you believe here and now they are good signings or not? Why?

Decent post btw, where have you been online before now?

If I'm going to break it down I would say 

Murphy- exciting addition

Cummings-no real opinion on him, will be a case of wait and see

Goss- same as Cummings

Martin- solid experienced defender ( eg Alves) In Martins favour though is his familiarity with British style football, don't think Alves adapted to the physicality of the Scottish game.

Not been on any forums previously, I used to go onto FF just to read fellow fans views.

10 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

If I'm going to break it down I would say 

Murphy- exciting addition

Cummings-no real opinion on him, will be a case of wait and see

Goss- same as Cummings

Martin- solid experienced defender ( eg Alves) In Martins favour though is his familiarity with British style football, don't think Alves adapted to the physicality of the Scottish game.

Not been on any forums previously, I used to go onto FF just to read fellow fans views.

Think that's a fair enough assessment.

After the anticipated interrogation coming your way enjoy your time here and don't hide. Opine away.

And do yourself a favour and avoid the censored forum ?

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think that's a fair enough assessment.

After the anticipated interrogation coming your way enjoy your time here and don't hide. Opine away.

And do yourself a favour and avoid the censored forum ?

Cheers I will take on board what you say?

We still have to play a proper football match with the new players and also we can't just offload, lets say three to four players or we could end up worse off.

I'am pleased with some of the signings so far, but lets see how it pans out before we make sweeping statements about winning anything.

22 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I believe we need to go that far back to find a transfer window that's been as promising as this one. Gives me a real belief going into the second half of the season

John now permanent. Goss, Murphy, Cummings and Martin coming in, not bad at all (and Jones would be a good asset too).  And we've managed to get rid of a few non-achievers - all in, I'd agree mate.

8 hours ago, TT blueteen said:

Far too sensible for your first post. 

@Mr Soprano butchered me on my first post. Still bleeding. Called it a 'learning curve'.

Glad we were able to recruit albeit on anshoestring budget but it's papering over the cracks a wee bit. Our summer spending spree has been a disaster and like or hate him, missing out on the likes of Walker and losing the likes of McKay for so little rang some alarm bells.

Staying positive though i'm excited to see someone else in there as opposed to the likes of Candeias.

We were all fairly delighted with the summer window... Dorrans, alves etc... I'm not getting carried away.

Think the signings should be decent... However (I've seen a few others touch on this) I still feel we lack the quality signings to truly compete. I don't think we have a single playersl of the quality of the likes of cuellar, Davis, Barry Ferguson, jelavic etc.