Best window since Walter returned?

KingKirk

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

We were all fairly delighted with the summer window... Dorrans, alves etc... I'm not getting carried away.

Think the signings should be decent... However (I've seen a few others touch on this) I still feel we lack the quality signings to truly compete. I don't think we have a single playersl of the quality of the likes of cuellar, Davis, Barry Ferguson, jelavic etc.

Yeah i feel we lack a decent no.10 but will be interesting to see how Windass plays in that role.

Ryan Gauld in the summer for me.

16 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yeah i feel we lack a decent no.10 but will be interesting to see how Windass plays in that role.

Ryan Gauld in the summer for me.

Ryan Gauld is an interesting choice, but not for me, some players shine at an early stage due to their newness, once players devised ways to combat the style played by Gauld he became less and less influential in games although he was always capable of moments of brilliance.

We need players who are going to contribute over the duration of games rather than flit in and out of games as is Gaulds want.

3 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

Ryan Gauld is an interesting choice, but not for me, some players shine at an early stage due to their newness, once players devised ways to combat the style played by Gauld he became less and less influential in games although he was always capable of moments of brilliance.

We need players who are going to contribute over the duration of games rather than flit in and out of games as is Gaulds want.

He would cost next to nothing, knows the league and has no doubt improved as a player with foreign training.

If a deal could be done his sell on value alone could be worth a punt.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He would cost next to nothing, knows the league and has no doubt improved as a player with foreign training.

He has played very little first team football since leaving DUFC , 11 first team matches in 3 years is not a value punt it is commercial suicide to have any financial outlay on a player having played 11 matches in 3 years.

If I gauge what my expectations where vs what’s actually happened I’m quietly content that it could be a success. 

I thought we would be lucky to get anyone in who would improve the squad on paper and I think Cummings and Murphy tick those boxes.

Proof will be in the pudding when we get a few competitive games under our belt.

21 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Another January window where we're building for next season while trying to finish second it's a fuckin shambles really.

Spot on wully, as I stated in my first post the amount of business we are conducting in this window smacks of desperation, the January transfer window should solely be used to bolster squads who have been decimated by injuries, to tide clubs over to the end of the season, we seem to be one of the few clubs who see it as a window to strengthen our squad for the following seasons campaign.

I acknowledge our need to overhaul the squad to allow Murty the opportunity to put his stamp on the team, I just hope this is the last January window this requires to be done.

22 hours ago, James Rolle said:

They will strengthen during this window, no doubt whatsoever. Still, we have a good chance to push them all the way with the new signings that are already in the bag, and more to come. Not fussed about whether we can off load the supposed  ‘failures’ this window, some of them may prove themselves in a new set up with new team players alongside. Alves will probably leave in the summer, Dalcio’s loan won’t be extended even if he performs like he did in Florida, Miller and Kranjcar won’t be here and I’d expect us to shift Hodson. Hardie to go out on loan or sold. The others have a job to do imo. 

All in all it looks promising! 

I would have to say that too, except for Niko I was really hoping hed do better this season, he still can, id like him to stay as he is our most creative player in midfield

44 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Worth looking into

29 minutes ago, OhW said:

It's different now because we have a couple of weeks break in January. The players have more time to train and settle in before playing competitive games. It's not the same as previous Januaries. 

Yes it's different because of the winter shutdown, but thereafter your point fails dramatically, May till late June-July gives a 4-6 week window to integrate new signings into the squad, again I say this window although potentially a really positive one, would not have been planned and has only transpired due to the bulk of Pedro's recruits being below the required standard.

36 minutes ago, TT blueteen said:

Yes it's different because of the winter shutdown, but thereafter your point fails dramatically, May till late June-July gives a 4-6 week window to integrate new signings into the squad, again I say this window although potentially a really positive one, would not have been planned and has only transpired due to the bulk of Pedro's recruits being below the required standard.

New kid got some balls!