Acceptable second half of season?

What will everyone consider an acceptable 2nd half to the season?

Personally I would say that finishing second and no more than 15 points of the top, with a decent showing in the cup would be the baseline for acceptable.

Success would be to finish second with a cup win, or finish the season within single digits of the top spot.

We are not in a position to realistically win the league, so cant use that as a milestone this season.

I know there will no doubt be the usual 'Anything but winning the league is unacceptable for Rangers!', but its not realistic for this situation.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no real expectations for this season now we have made a cunt of this season once again, my hope is next season we get in a decent Manager and we use this season to get a system of play in place and the new signings all excel.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Finish a comfortable 2nd,Scottish cup win and beat the tarriers 

This.

Ideally I want the league also, worst case no more than finishing second with a 10 point gap.

To finish the season without beating them, winning the cup and a comfortable second minimum, is an absolute failure as far as i'm concerned.

Regarding the league, we're 11 points back from the taigs as it stands, I would consider it a success if we could 'win' the 2nd half of the season, get the gap down to single figures and at least give them a scare going into next season. 

Regarding the Scottish cup, anything other than winning it is failure.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

The games after the international break effectively killed our season. 

Finish in single digits behind them, 4 points minimum in the two old firm games and win the Scottish Cup. 

Be a good platform to build on for the summer whilst we get a new manager in. 

If Murty achieves that, there is no way he wont be getting the gig next season. Would be a cracking result.

Kick on and keep with them, and if not a challenge, comfortable 2nd.  Stop losing to the utter shite below us in the league, especially at Ibrox.  Get new signings bedding in ASAP.  Hopefully end up signing at least a couple of the loans as they had a great few months, prep to mount a serious attempt at group qualification for Europe.

Losses to Killie, Hibs, Dundee, Hamilton etc. damaged us immeasurably this season.