Acceptable second half of season?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The games after the international break effectively killed our season. 

Finish in single digits behind them, 4 points minimum in the two old firm games and win the Scottish Cup. 

Be a good platform to build on for the summer whilst we get a new manager in. 

I agree with your target , assuming a comfortable second . 

A good indication of where we are , is to cut into their lead by the end of the season . Achieve all that , and I don't think we can complain if GM is given an extension of the manager's job . 

Starting now? I’d say a reduced gap to the tims. Beat them atleast once- finish comfortably in front of the sheep and although it’s tricky I’d like the Scottish cup.  

That would be a dramatic improvement on the first half season also for the first time I’d like us to not continue to lose 2 on the bounce under murty

Win the Scottish Cup

In the league the current gap is 11 points. Main target should be finishing season less than 11 points behind them, beating them, and getting back to pumping the likes of the sheep and hivs every time we play them - no excuses ?

10 hours ago, cushynumber said:

It feels like a good window, but the only thing that counts is the results on the park.

Hit the Nail on the head! It’s great to show passion and excitement about the recent dealings - I’ll raise my hand on that one, guilty as charged - but of course it means nothing until we see consistent results. 

Just now, fanaticCR said:

It would be unbelievable if we managed it again. Surely it would be some kind of a record.

:lol:

In all seriousness, we put a good few wins together and they drop points like they have been then we can put them under pressure.

We need to stop getting beat off the diddy teams though, with the nee guys coming in i think we will have a lot more character in the team to grind out routine victories.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

:lol:

In all seriousness, we put a good few wins together and they drop points like they have been then we can put them under pressure.

We need to stop getting beat off the diddy teams though, with the nee guys coming in i think we will have a lot more character in the team to grind out routine victories.

We've both got relatively difficult games in the next 4, they've got both Hibs and Hearts at home and Kilmarnock away. 

We need to put pressure on them, if we do there is a chance they could collapse, they have a history of it.

Acceptable would be beat them at least once in the league,   match them from now and Finish a strong second (11 points or under)   and win the cup. 

If he does this Murty deserves next season.